Magic Weapon Features locations.

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Magic Weapon Features locations.

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Are there any text anywhere that magic weapon features that are found other then in the PF mainbook (page 249) and the Western Empire (PF book 8 )?
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sun May 14, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Magic Weapon Features locations.

Unread post by Glistam »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Are there any text anywhere that magic features that are found in the PF mainbook (page 249) and the Western Empire (PF book 8 )?

I'm not sure what you're asking... :?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

edited the OP to include the word 'weapon'.

Talked to Eli in the chats and he pointed out that the frost blade spell (NH page 81) is available as a magic weapon feature.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Johnathan
Adventurer

Unread post by Johnathan »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:edited the OP to include the word 'weapon'.

Talked to Eli in the chats and he pointed out that the frost blade spell (NH page 81) is available as a magic weapon feature.

Don't recall there being such an enchantment. However, I do recall that Western Empire has a "Numbing Cold" enchantment for weapons. 3x a day usage. Requires a save vs magic though so there's not much in the way of a guarantee that it'll work. However. If it DOES work your opponent is in a pickle as they're wracked with debuffs and negative modifiers. It's also relatively cheap at 40,000 gold.

Hope this helps!
Hotrod wrote:I haven't noticed saints getting the bad end of the bargain at all. Sure, a lot of them die in pain and poverty. A lot of jerks die in agony, betrayal, and humiliation, often taking their own lives rather than having to face the consequences of what they've done.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Johnathan wrote:

Don't recall there being such an enchantment.
…snip

Look at the footnote at the end of that spell's 'spell text'. This is where it says that it is available as a weapon enchantment.
A good portion of the northern magic spells in the Northern Hinterlands book are available as potions, scrolls and magic items due to footnotes placed in the spell texts.
Johnathan
Adventurer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Johnathan wrote:

Don't recall there being such an enchantment.
…snip

Look at the footnote at the end of that spell's 'spell text'. This is where it says that it is available as a weapon enchantment.
A good portion of the northern magic spells in the Northern Hinterlands book are available as potions, scrolls and magic items due to footnotes placed in the spell texts.

Sooooo... if you know the answer to your own question... why pose the question at all? Seems rather counter productive... :?
Hotrod wrote:I haven't noticed saints getting the bad end of the bargain at all. Sure, a lot of them die in pain and poverty. A lot of jerks die in agony, betrayal, and humiliation, often taking their own lives rather than having to face the consequences of what they've done.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

I was asking if there were any in any other places other then the PFMB or the WE book. Because I didn't readily remember anywhere that there were any more.

That I posted an answer that delivered via the chats, was to put that answer where others could see it also. So...if they, in the future, came to this topic for that information it would be here.

Once I looked at the place I was directed….*shrugs* there was more there then just that the frost blade info.

Since you wrote like you were working off of memory instead of taking time to look things up yourself in the book/page I was pointed to, I responded giving the information about where the specific text for the frost blade magic weapons feature was. And that other spells in the list had footnotes also as further information that for this instance there are other footnotes in other spell texts so the frostblade footnote was not a unique thing.
Johnathan
Adventurer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I was asking if there were any in any other places other then the PFMB or the WE book. Because I didn't readily remember anywhere that there were any more.

That I posted an answer that delivered via the chats, was to put that answer where others could see it also. So...if they, in the future, came to this topic for that information it would be here.

Once I looked at the place I was directed….*shrugs* there was more there then just that the frost blade info.

Since you wrote like you were working off of memory instead of taking time to look things up yourself in the book/page I was pointed to, I responded giving the information about where the specific text for the frost blade magic weapons feature was. And that other spells in the list had footnotes also as further information that for this instance there are other footnotes in other spell texts so the frostblade footnote was not a unique thing.

Ah! I get what you're saying now drewkitty. Found my Nothern Hinterlands book and decided to search a few more books. Unfortunately, couldn't find much in relation beyond that book (the foot notes those spells have I mean). Though it did get me thinking of some nice spell enchantments for combinations to weapons... :twisted:
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Book 2: Old Ones, page 45. Luminius the Spell Storer can create magic items that store spells. The wizard buyer casts the spell and Luminius enchants the object to store it (like a talisman, but better). The spell can then be cast from the item but must be recharged by the wizard after each use.

Book 7: Yin-Sloth Jungles, page 34. The Undead Hunter has access to a number of special magical weapons and items which, supposedly, are NOT available to anyone outside this class. That doesn't mean a renegade Alchemist couldn't have absconded with these secrets and seek to profit them them...

Book 11: Eastern Territory, page 84. The young Alchemist, Master Artamus, has a bunch of enchanted digging tools listed - some of which may be new abilities, and which may have some limited combat use.

Book 11: Eastern Territory, page 140. The Alchemist Fisborn offers pendants and medallions which allow the wearer to control infernals which he's bound to the items, for a limited time...

Book 11: Eastern Territory, page 212. Vonda Neileen, operator of the store Magical Wonders, sells items produces by student Alchemists. Prices are cheap but "some items may misfire or have unexpected results." This is a great story hook to explain a one-off magical effect that you wish to design into a unique weapon.

Book 13: Northern Hinterlands. In addition to all the spell notes, many of the magic items listed in the book are noted as being created by Alchemists, meaning that many of the abilities of these items could theoretically be available to included in any other items(s).

Book 14: Land of the Damned 1, page 38. It's not a weapon property, but the Lhotse Elixir is a very interesting magical potion that warrants review.

Recall too that Herbalists and Druids, from Rifts World Book 3: England, are potential classes available in Palladium Fantasy. That means any of the Herbalist items or Scathach items could be available in certain areas.

Necromancy Bone Magic creates several items with magical/spell properties. Those are some other items to consider for some unique magic, since Bone Magic is available in Palladium Fantasy too.

For some more mundane weapon enhancements, take a look at these munchkin contest threads:
Munchkin/Rule Lawyer Challenge: Non-Magic Ranged Weapons
Munchkin/Rules Lawyer Challenge: Best Non-Alchemist FINISHED
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Thank you Glistam. Copied and saved.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Well if one includes Rune Weapons as magic weapons then you obviously have the section in PF2E main book and then Dragons & Gods (in the back).

I think a few other books in PF setting add to it IINM.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

ShadowLogan wrote:Well if one includes Rune Weapons as magic weapons then you obviously have the section in PF2E main book and then Dragons & Gods (in the back).

I think a few other books in PF setting add to it IINM.

When talking about Rune weapons I would bring up the HU magic weapons and the NB Artifacts (nightlands book). Posted here to avoid the TW thing.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”