Spell Strength Progression

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Spell Strength Progression

Unread post by 13eowulf »

I would have sworn there was a generic rule somewhere about what spell strength progression to follow if your OCC doesn't have one (and doesn't explicitly deny one).
I can't however find it, so I turn to you all, do you know of such a rule, and if so, where it can be found?
Oderint Dum Metuant.
flatline
Knight

Re: Spell Strength Progression

Unread post by flatline »

Not that I'm aware of.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Nope, don't know that one.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

13eowulf wrote:I would have sworn there was a generic rule somewhere about what spell strength progression to follow if your OCC doesn't have one (and doesn't explicitly deny one).
I can't however find it, so I turn to you all, do you know of such a rule, and if so, where it can be found?

Not sure if this is what you are looking at but under Saving Throws in the Magic section under "To Save vs spell magic" (bold) they have such a progression.

Sources (and likely ones I don't have or thinking to look at):
Palladium Fantasy 2E pg184
Heroes Unlimited 2E pg319
Rifts Main Book (pg165, NOTE: this is the OLD Main Book)
Rifts World Book 16 (pg127, NOTE: this is ORIGINAL, NOT Revised)
Rifts Ultimate Edition (pg188, NOTE: NEW Main Book) mentions a range, but doesn't go into the same level of detail as previous

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”