Triax EIR-15 Manned Gargoyle Robot.

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Triax EIR-15 Manned Gargoyle Robot.

Unread post by say652 »

What TW upgrades could be added to aid in the camouflage of this fake Gargoyle?

The Pilot I'm Building the Armor around is a Super Spy Minor Wizard with minor Psionic Powers.
This gives me ppe, but can it be sensed through the Robot?
A few isp, Mindblock and Total Recall.

Tw Upgrades.
Impervious Fire.
Fly as The Eagle.
And now I'm out of ideas.....
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Triax EIR-15 Manned Gargoyle Robot.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Alter Aura would be a good one... even if it's a duration-based "activate to use" alter aura power, it could really help with the disguise.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

TW flight options would help allow the infiltrator bot to blend in better, since it won't have to use the concealed jets to fly.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Since i couldn't use Metamorphosis Superior to make the bot bleed, are their any suggestions to pass this examination?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Mark Hall wrote:Alter Aura would be a good one... even if it's a duration-based "activate to use" alter aura power, it could really help with the disguise.

There is no magic spell to alter one's aura, so there is no TW device which can do so. Alter Aura is a Psionic-Only thing.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Tw upgrades to get the bot similar abilities to the Gargoyles.
Gizmos to shield the presence of the pilot from psionic probes.
Bio Systems to mimic flesh and blood, maybe an irmiss to heal cuts etc.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:Alter Aura would be a good one... even if it's a duration-based "activate to use" alter aura power, it could really help with the disguise.

There is no magic spell to alter one's aura, so there is no TW device which can do so. Alter Aura is a Psionic-Only thing.

Not to the full extent, but spells exist that can influence aspects of the aura:
-Aura of Power (Wizard Level 2) given it can alter the apparent level of the character upwards (Alter Aura can do this)
-Aura of Death (Wizard Level 5), TW could limit what it influences (personally I'd require it be part of chain for this)
-Transferral, Talismann, and other PPE storage/transfer options could be used to mask your PPE amount (which Alter Aura does)

Being TW you could in a spell chain use Illusion spells to project over the subject's aura theoretically. In actual practice that would come down to the GM to determine if its possible and what the spell chain(s) might look like.

say652 wrote:Tw upgrades to get the bot similar abilities to the Gargoyles.
Gizmos to shield the presence of the pilot from psionic probes.
Bio Systems to mimic flesh and blood, maybe an irmiss to heal cuts etc.

Actually the presence of the pilot is to show that the "gargoyle" is "alive" and not a robot imposter. The EIR-15 already has some psionic electro-magnetic dampers to help distort their aura which is non-gargoyle (and telepathic contact shows human thoughts). So what you really want isn't something to shield the pilot completely, but something to alter their aura and how they are read telepathically.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

The idea is an Imposter that is leading a troop of Gargoyles against the Brodkil.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Gargoyles have pretty decent PPE to begin with so I'm not sure if having high would be that suspicious.

Or if it was magical abilities, they might think you were a Gargoyle mage. If they ask you to perform Earth elemental magic to prove it, could "you're not the boss of me" and be snooty about it. Could also change OCC to Warlock to better complete the illusion.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”