Spell Question/Chromatic Protection

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

True Atlantian
D-Bee

Spell Question/Chromatic Protection

Unread post by True Atlantian »

This is a question regarding the Chromatic Protection invocation, Level 4, pg 99 BOM. I know the spell will activate against each and every attacker in a 10ft radius, but the question is, is this only effective against melee weapons? Or if i'm within 10 feet of a foe and they point a pistol/rifle at me, does it still effect them? I think pulling a gun on someone is a hostile action, and would activate the invocation, if within 10ft.
Chance favors only the prepared mind
SpiritInterface
Hero

Re: Spell Question/Chromatic Protection

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

True Atlantian wrote:This is a question regarding the Chromatic Protection invocation, Level 4, pg 99 BOM. I know the spell will activate against each and every attacker in a 10ft radius, but the question is, is this only effective against melee weapons? Or if i'm within 10 feet of a foe and they point a pistol/rifle at me, does it still effect them? I think pulling a gun on someone is a hostile action, and would activate the invocation, if within 10ft.

As written, any attacks, melee' or other wise would set it off including raising a ranged weapon or casting a spell if done within the 10ft radius of the spell.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

True Atlantian wrote:This is a question regarding the Chromatic Protection invocation, Level 4, pg 99 BOM. I know the spell will activate against each and every attacker in a 10ft radius, but the question is, is this only effective against melee weapons? Or if i'm within 10 feet of a foe and they point a pistol/rifle at me, does it still effect them? I think pulling a gun on someone is a hostile action, and would activate the invocation, if within 10ft.

Were it only melee weapons, then there'd be very little (practically no) reason for the 10 ft radius. Everything would already be within that range.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Pikes: the foil of ChroPro

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”