Does this class exist?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Does this class exist?

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Is there a character class where magic affects those around the character without them taking any direct action? Like the character has an aura that radiates magical effects on anyone in range?

I know better than to ask for conversions, but I do have something specific in mind if anyone wanted to ask via pm.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Does this class exist?

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Not off the top of my head; most classes have some direction actions involved.

Closest I can think is some superpowers, like Divine Aura.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

There are some Nightbane Aura effects in one of the Rifters... can't recall which one though.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I can't ether remember any aura like spell effects.

All magic take at least one APM to be brought into effect. whether it is spell casting or though magic items.

There are area effect magics that are centered on the caster.

The NB auras features are a part of the NB itself. I do believe that the only two that effect anything/-one is the heat aura and the magnetic erasure aura.

I did create a Deity who priests have a fertility aura about them extending to the lands around them.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Yea, nothing like what you are looking for, sorry
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Maybe you could do a PC where some mage cast a bunch of spells that effect you and permanence-warded it but then covered up the wards with new flesh (Sculptor!) so you didn't know why the permanent spells were around you.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Axelmania wrote:Maybe you could do a PC where some mage cast a bunch of spells that effect you and permanence-warded it but then covered up the wards with new flesh (Sculptor!) so you didn't know why the permanent spells were around you.

Lol it'd be easier to have an un-removable piece of magic shrapnel stuck in me. Though I'm not sure it would pull off the effect properly.

Like I mentioned, the more I think about it the less possible and more absurd the char becomes. Really I just liked the guys mannerisms and costume. the OC who can't be named for conversion reasons probably did all of his shenanigans intentionally, but the AOE on them was MASSIVE, like city wide, which is where I got the 'no direct action against the victim' idea.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”