Animated dead Coyles.

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RavenStarver
Explorer

Animated dead Coyles.

Unread post by RavenStarver »

A pretty quick question, would you class a Coyle as a medium, or Large?
Wolfen would be large, but they range from 7-10 feet, and a Coyle ranges from 6-8 feet, so they are almost identical in size....
Prysus
Champion

Re: Animated dead Coyles.

Unread post by Prysus »

RavenStarver wrote:A pretty quick question, would you class a Coyle as a medium, or Large?
Wolfen would be large, but they range from 7-10 feet, and a Coyle ranges from 6-8 feet, so they are almost identical in size....

Greetings and Salutations. For the purposes of the spell, I'd say "large." My reasoning is thus:

Medium is 5 to 6 feet (all of which is considered within human range).
6 to 7 feet is NOT listed in either category.
Large is 7 to 12 feet (which is within what Palladium generally considers "giant" range for the purposes of weapon damage, etc.).
A Coyle is more likely to fall into the "Large" range than the "Medium" range. Only the absolute smallest Coyle will ever fall into the "Medium" range (6 feet exactly). Meanwhile, about half the Coyle would probably fall into the "Large" range. If you roll randomly for height using the formula PB gives you in the PF2 main book for Coyles, you'll NEVER fall into the medium range (a little over half will then be in the "Large" range).

With that said, if the question were if Coyles could use giant-sized weapons (like Wolfen), my answer would be: "No." There are reasons behind that answer, but that's really a different topic. Hope some of that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
RavenStarver
Explorer

Unread post by RavenStarver »

Prysus wrote:
RavenStarver wrote:A pretty quick question, would you class a Coyle as a medium, or Large?

Greetings and Salutations. For the purposes of the spell, I'd say "large." My reasoning is thus:

Medium is 5 to 6 feet (all of which is considered within human range).
6 to 7 feet is NOT listed in either category.
Large is 7 to 12 feet (which is within what Palladium generally considers "giant" range for the purposes of weapon damage, etc.).
A Coyle is more likely to fall into the "Large" range than the "Medium" range. Only the absolute smallest Coyle will ever fall into the "Medium" range (6 feet exactly). Meanwhile, about half the Coyle would probably fall into the "Large" range. If you roll randomly for height using the formula PB gives you in the PF2 main book for Coyles, you'll NEVER fall into the medium range (a little over half will then be in the "Large" range).

With that said, if the question were if Coyles could use giant-sized weapons (like Wolfen), my answer would be: "No." There are reasons behind that answer, but that's really a different topic. Hope some of that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Thank you greatly Prysus, that answers my question perfectly. Also thank you for your website, I find myself using it often. :mrgreen:
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Chop off the Coyle's head to make it shorter, it's not as if having a skull is mandatory for your animated dead.

If you want the larger size range for stats then paste on a human skull on top of the coyle.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”