Homemade new OCC Temporal Ninja!

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SpiritKitsune7
D-Bee

Homemade new OCC Temporal Ninja!

Unread post by SpiritKitsune7 »

This is a new class that I made up. Most of this OCC is based off of the Mystic Ninja class in the Rifts Japan book but change the following.

Rifts Temporal Ninja OOC

Rifts temporal ninja are similar to the rifts mystic ninja with the following changes.
Mega-Damage Transformation: If your character has natural MDC, you instead temporally increase your MDC by half if your Natural MDC is less than 250 MDC if you have more than that you increase your MDC by 1/3rd.

Paper Bombs: Your character prepares a bunch of eastern style daggers by attaching prayer scrolls to these daggers with string. Each paper bomb does 2d6 SDC or MDC depending on the creature attacked, this attack deals explosive damage with 1d4 rounds of stun. Your character can throw only throw one paper bomb per round. Your character can choose to deal ice damage that will freeze your character’s target to the ground for one minute per level. The ice will need to be chipped away (20 MDC), or wait till the power expires. Attacking the ice will deal damage to anyone trapped in the ice and the coldness of the ice will make everyone lose one attack per round and has a -3 penalty to strike. The area of effect of each paper bomb is an 8 feet radius. Costs 15 PPE per explosive paper bomb and 15 PPE per Ice paper bomb. You can prepare your paper bombs ahead of time but only up to the max of 6 prepared Paper Bombs. Paper Bombs only go off when you throw them.

You can only choose to do a explosive paper bomb or a Icy Paper Bomb. You cannot combine both.

Alter PPE to 2d4x10+20 + PE. 2d6 PPE per level of experience. And PE and add the following spells to your character. D-Phase, wink-out, dimensional pockets, see a dimensional anomaly, S-Dep, T-Dep and three temporal spells of your choice.

Other spell magic: Tongues see the invisible, detect concealment, the armor of Ithan, cloud of smoke, light healing, and fool’s gold. The temporal ninja learns one new conventional spell every level and one other temporal spell every other level starting at level 3.

Add OOC skills: Weapon Proficiency: Energy Pistol and Pilot: skill of choice +10%.

New Temporal Ninja Spell
Phase Weapon’s
Range: Self only
Duration: 5 minutes plus 1 minute per level.
Saving Throw: None
P.P.E.: 30
Your hands start to become transparent for the duration of this spell. Your bladed weapons that you are using gain's its phase weapon’s equivalent properties. A katana becomes a phase sword. It does not damage armor of any kind. This spell works on TW-melee and rune weapons!

A Mystic Ninja can take the Paper Bombs power if your game master lets you. And your Mystic Ninja can take the updated Mega-Damage Transformation so you can pick a race that has racial MDC.

Most Temporal Ninjas learn their temporal magic from Lassinikes or Temporal Ninjas at a secluded ninja dojo. Lassinikes can be found in the Palladium book Aliens Unlimited page 135.

Do I need to change anything? And what do you all think?
Last edited by SpiritKitsune7 on Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Zamion138
Hero

Re: Homemade new OCC Temporal Ninja!

Unread post by Zamion138 »

Why do they loose archery? You should ban them from PA and robots if your keeping that change.
What is a major casters compared to a minor?
They should have the same ppe in my opinion as a temporal warrior ie 2d4x10+20 no reason to have more than a dedicated temporal mage.
SpiritKitsune7
D-Bee

Zamion138 wrote:Why do they loose archery? You should ban them from PA and robots if your keeping that change.
What is a major casters compared to a minor?
They should have the same ppe in my opinion as a temporal warrior ie 2d4x10+20 no reason to have more than a dedicated temporal mage.

I thought that I should remove something to balance out this class. And the Temporal Ninja has more magical training than a Mystic Ninja.
Zamion138
Hero

I suppose, but its spell progression is still mystic style IE they cant buy scrolls and convert them. Of you want to make an alternative to the mystic ninja id keep the PPE lower. If you want to make supior class that makes the mystic ninja pointless then keep it higher.
Still a trained temporal warrior, the closest cousin to your build has less ppe, and they are trained by a true master of magic, temporal raiders.

You should add something that makes the original a viable choice still, otherwise to me, its just power gaming.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Any particular reason the Temporal Warrior O.C.C. can't be used for this? It's really just a skills difference here isn't it?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

6D6md and a freeze attack seems a little op for a ninja class
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I don't like two things about the class….both are about the class magic.

The noise.
That it effects ranged weapons.

I also would of liked it to be a compleate write up instead of "this is how I mod'ed an existing class.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
SpiritKitsune7
D-Bee

I have edited this OCC. And how do I make the Mystic Ninja just as viable option?
Zamion138
Hero

That new temporal weapon spell to make them phase blades is insain,
30 ppe, gain the ability to assassinate just about anything, as its phrased it would work for guns too, so if I had an sdc SMG im droping guards left and right . If im holding a PKM or m60 im tearing up robot pilots every round. It does 5d6x10 sdc to the pilot for a heavy burst. This will toast just about anyone, including vampires since phase weapons can harm them.
A heavy phase beamer does 6d6 on a burst for comparison. It's way over powered.
Heck aoe grenades become phase aoe attacks, again to over powered. Sdc grenades do like 1d4x100 sdc wiping out apc at a time .

Edit i read the spell its only for bladed. Ill leave my mistake above for all to see.
Still to powerful for the cost though in my mind.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

You might want to say in the phase spell that the ninja learn this spell to by pass armor and the natural toughness of some races with their hand to hand attacks. and then have the it also does that same for melee weapons in the ninja's hands.

Saying that cause it seams to me that that is what was intended.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”