Regroth spell...

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Regroth spell...

Unread post by pblackcrow »

I am working on a spell that can regrow limbs, digits, cartilage, and fully functioning organs. And I wanted to ask you guys about the PPE requirements for each one.

A toe would be the cheapest...A full leg would be the most expensive.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Prysus
Champion

Re: Regroth spell...

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. That'll depend on whether or not you want to try and make it fit in with the existing spells or not. I say this because Restoration (Rifts), a level 14 spell that costs 750 P.P.E., can't regrow any missing limbs at all (not even a little toe). That's a high level spell, and the best it can do is re-attach a severed limb within a 48 hour window (otherwise it can't even do that). So, in theory, the cost for even a toe (especially if without a limited time window) would be even higher than that.

Palladium seems fine with bringing back people from the dead, but for some reason restoring a limb (or even an organ) seems to be off-limits in Palladium. I don't know why. Though Nightbane Book 3: Through the Glass Darkly has the Flesh Sculptor. The level 12 spell Total Replacement (page 70) has wording that may suggest it's effectively growing new body parts. That costs 190 P.P.E., but is also a specialty type of magic that should be increased accordingly when used by general spell casters. The ritual also has some penalties associated with it.

None of these are exact figures for what you're asking, but hopefully will give you a good place to start. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

The Biomancy spell Regrowth completely regrows all organs and limbs, up to and including growing a full conversion cyborg a new flesh-and-blood body (and automatically expelling all bionics on the ground in front of them) for 675 PPE.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

pblackcrow wrote:I am working on a spell that can regrow limbs, digits, cartilage, and fully functioning organs. And I wanted to ask you guys about the PPE requirements for each one.

Went a different direction then healing everything at one time, and limited to the bits that stick out. :P

Level 4
Re-grow Limb (Therapy):
Range: touch
PPE (20 per session)
duration: special
Saving throw: none
    This spell was developed by a healer mage that wanted a spell to give people back limbs lost through accident or fights.  Though he was not able to discover a spell that would fully re-grow  limbs with one casting. (He might of; however, that would not keep the customer coming back and paying for treatments.) He did discover the secret to the gradual re-growing of limbs.
    The spell sets in motion a process to regenerate the missing limb in gradual steps.  Through Daily applications of this spell a limb, from fingers to legs to ears, can given back to the customer over a period of time.

Small Soft Tissue limbs: 3 days (ears, nose, etc)
Fingers & Toes: 1 week
Hands & Feet: 2 week
Arms: 3 weeks
Legs: 4 weeks
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
pblackcrow
Champion

Nekira Sudacne wrote:The Biomancy spell Regrowth completely regrows all organs and limbs, up to and including growing a full conversion cyborg a new flesh-and-blood body (and automatically expelling all bionics on the ground in front of them) for 675 PPE.

Exactly the spell that I am want to tweak. And somewhat adjust the cost of PPE.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:I am working on a spell that can regrow limbs, digits, cartilage, and fully functioning organs. And I wanted to ask you guys about the PPE requirements for each one.

Went a different direction then healing everything at one time, and limited to the bits that stick out. :P

Level 4
Re-grow Limb (Therapy):
Range: touch
PPE (20 per session)
duration: special
Saving throw: none
    This spell was developed by a healer mage that wanted a spell to give people back limbs lost through accident or fights.  Though he was not able to discover a spell that would fully re-grow  limbs with one casting. (He might of; however, that would not keep the customer coming back and paying for treatments.) He did discover the secret to the gradual re-growing of limbs.
    The spell sets in motion a process to regenerate the missing limb in gradual steps.  Through Daily applications of this spell a limb, from fingers to legs to ears, can given back to the customer over a period of time.

Small Soft Tissue limbs: 3 days (ears, nose, etc)
Fingers & Toes: 1 week
Hands & Feet: 2 week
Arms: 3 weeks
Legs: 4 weeks

That might be great for limb loss, but might not work so good for organs. Um, what book is it in?
Ankh, udja, seneb.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

It is spell of my creation.

Regrowing organs…..I would go with another spell that repaired organs (instant effect) rather then regrows them for healing vital organs. (Head, heart, lungs, kidneys.) Regrowing by my spell's implied defining takes place over a day's time.

Though with magic, part of the spell effects are effected by the caster's intent. (along with a GMs flexibility.) But that intent must be stated within the game.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
pblackcrow
Champion

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:It is spell of my creation.

Regrowing organs…..I would go with another spell that repaired organs (instant effect) rather then regrows them for healing vital organs. (Head, heart, lungs, kidneys.) Regrowing by my spell's implied defining takes place over a day's time.

Though with magic, part of the spell effects are effected by the caster's intent. (along with a GMs flexibility.) But that intent must be stated within the game.

Wow...that's awesome, Mate. Way to think outside the system. Still, I do want to tweak the other spell. But, yeah...great spell.
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”