Question on multiclass tattoo/psionic durations...

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Abadon Spectre
D-Bee

Question on multiclass tattoo/psionic durations...

Unread post by Abadon Spectre »

TATTOO QUESTIONS
If a third level Atlantean nomad becomes a level one T-man, would all of his tattoos operate at fourth level or would the tattoos he had as a nomad be tracked separately from his t-man tattoos?

Would there be a different answer if it was human or ogre (with tattoos) who later became a full T-man?

PSIONIC QUESTIONS
Would the major/minor psionics of a multi class character function at their highest class level, their combined class level, or the highest level of their first class?

If major/minor psionics continue to advance in effective level after multiclassing, then would the psionics of Master psi also advance in effective level?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Question on multiclass tattoo/psionic durations...

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

TA N: 3rd until he gained 4th level as a t-man. There is no specific text covering this.
Racial differences don't matter in this.

M/m psi: highest level in my opinion. There is no specific text covering this.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Tattoo Question:
I would say that they operate at the 3rd level until he gets to 4th level as a T-man. This would be the same for anyone that changes into a T-man.

Psionic Question:
I would say that they operate at the level of the highest class capable of providing the psionic ability. This is important for something like say a level 8 vagabond (with minor psi) becoming a Techno-Wizard.
Most of the powers are going to be level 8 (they are all lesser psi and thus could be minor psi). But Telemechanics can only come from the Techno-Wizard and thus will operate at the TW level.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

I think all 4 questions the OP is asking basically come down to this answer: Previous powers and skills are frozen in the original class until you reach a higher level in the new class. So if you had a 3rd Level TA/Psychic who changed class, those powers are fixed at level 3 until they reach level 4 in the new class. That probably also means for determining Level they would use the higher of the two.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

ShadowLogan wrote:I think all 4 questions the OP is asking basically come down to this answer: Previous powers and skills are frozen in the original class until you reach a higher level in the new class. So if you had a 3rd Level TA/Psychic who changed class, those powers are fixed at level 3 until they reach level 4 in the new class. That probably also means for determining Level they would use the higher of the two.

Higher of the two yes...
...assuming that one of them can provide the ability. Tattoos are fine. But as I pointed out, I would think you wouldn't use T-man levels for Burster Psionics as it doesn't make sense. Basically its like skills. "duplicate skills" freeze and then unfreeze. so would, what are for all intents and purposes "duplicate powers".
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

As for 1st class 'class based psionics'….they are ether permanently frozen till the char changes back to that class or lost.

Lost being the reason they had to change classes.

Lost via…head trauma, angry god, somehow stolen, something else that occurred during the game.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

In the Atlantean case, I probably wouldn't require a class shift... it may be BTB, but the Atlantean already knows how to use his tattoos, and nothing else really changes for him except he can't use any other magic, which he doesn't have.

I'd be of the "frozen until exceeded" camp, myself, though for a variety of reasons, Palladium does multiclasses REALLY poorly, and I'd be inclined to take a pseudo-3e approach to it... whichever two classes you're using, you are now on the more expensive XP table of the two. Your level remains X, even if your XP is below what is necessary for level X on your current XP table, and you will advance once you hit sufficent XP for level X+1 on your current chart.

It means someone with an expensive XP chart might add other classes indefinitely (like, a dragon adding Warlock and Wizard and Diabolist, etc.), but so long as the DM keeps reign on shenanigans, it's cool.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

The benefits of being able to level up faster as say, a Vagabond, are I think offset by needing double the PPE to activate tattoos if you don't have 6+ and have changed to a T-CC

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”