General Emmel an 30,000 Nema soilders question ..

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lenwen

General Emmel an 30,000 Nema soilders question ..

Unread post by Lenwen »

At the CURRENT time frame in Chaos Earth where exactly is the General Emmel an his army of 30'000 Nema agents ?

Been thinking about this an I have (CER) Chaos Earth Rulebook as well as (CoC) Creatures of Chaos an cant find any other books at the moment . So I may be missing one for right now ...

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated thank you .

-Lenwen.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Who is General Emmel?

~ Josh
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Who is General Emmel?

~ Josh

The general who is in stasis along with 30,000 nema military soilders inside Archie's HQ-ECC . Acorrding to Rifts Sourcebook 1 revised an Expanded edition ..

*EDIT* If Chaos earth is Rifts earth just at the time of the Eruption .. Then it goes with out saying they ( the General an his army ) Are indeed there but have yet to be spoken about ..

-Lenwen.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

It'd be cool to wake them up! Just to see what they'd do in that world.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

I'd say he is likely in the early stages of planning his stasis idea.

The other CE book is Rise of Magic - Sawyer's journal states it's 21 Feb 2099
Aramanthus
Monk

What page is it on in the Rise of Magic?
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Page 11
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

~ Josh
The General for the stasis army ARCHIE Three is babysitting.

It looks like, within a matter of weeks General Anthony Emmel and the bulk of the forces that managed to gather at the secret NEMA Headquarters & Emergency Command Center were in stasis with 3384 personnel left in the area trying to do what they could in the here and now.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
Aramanthus
Monk

Still it would be cool to see them released!

HH....FIE
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Unforinitly, it sounds like Archie will not do it any time soon "until the conditions are right".
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

How did the mechanoids miss them? :?
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

The Beast wrote:How did the mechanoids miss them? :?
The same way they missed the bots being made to fight them. Lies, redirection, and multiple separate hidden facilities.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Armorlord wrote:
The Beast wrote:How did the mechanoids miss them? :?
The same way they missed the bots being made to fight them. Lies, redirection, and multiple separate hidden facilities.

Indeed the book tells us of no less then 9 factories that Archie controls an could have easily just shown the mechanoids only one or two there of .

At the moment in my personal estimation .. Archie is the supream power in N.A. Thats not even counting the millions of Shamarrians out there ( course there gettin thier own book called Shamarrian Nation :-D GOD I CANT WAIT FOR THAT BOOK !!!! ) OR the Monst-Rex units as well ..

Course I as always could be alone in this whole school of thought heh .

-Lenwen.
Aramanthus
Monk

That will be a cool book to have. I'm looking forward to seeing the variants. I think it'll be cool when Archie does release them. Although they might have the means of taking control of Archie. That might be a reason he hasn't released them.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I never thought there were that many Shemarrians anyway. But variants will be cool! Also I never suggested the the surviving Nema forces take on the CS or the Shemarrians. But they (Former Nema) forces might have a way to shut down Archie 3.

HH....FIE
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Re:

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

~ Josh

My grandson. ;)
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Re:

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Aramanthus wrote:That will be a cool book to have. I'm looking forward to seeing the variants. I think it'll be cool when Archie does release them. Although they might have the means of taking control of Archie. That might be a reason he hasn't released them.

They do have one. so do the New republicans..They just can't get close enough to use it. If I recall in the Revised SB1 a kill switch was mentioned in a small blurb somewhere.

Now the big question will be does Archie know where it is. He already knows he's been hacked...or suspects. so it should be a fun read.

Just hope they don't print Archie going through therapy for his 'assault' by the New republic Hackers...LOL!
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Re:

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Rimmerdal wrote:
Aramanthus wrote:That will be a cool book to have. I'm looking forward to seeing the variants. I think it'll be cool when Archie does release them. Although they might have the means of taking control of Archie. That might be a reason he hasn't released them.

They do have one. so do the New republicans..They just can't get close enough to use it. If I recall in the Revised SB1 a kill switch was mentioned in a small blurb somewhere.

Now the big question will be does Archie know where it is. He already knows he's been hacked...or suspects. so it should be a fun read.

I doubt a "kill switch" would even work on him anymore. He has evolved so much the books says he is not a machine anymore and would not be effected even if power was disconnected.

Does anyone else have the feeling that we may be seeing the NEMA troops released in Megaverse in Flames? The Minion War coming to Earth might be big enough for ARCHIE to do it.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Rimmerdal
Knight

Warshield73 wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:

I doubt a "kill switch" would even work on him anymore. He has evolved so much the books says he is not a machine anymore and would not be effected even if power was disconnected.

Does anyone else have the feeling that we may be seeing the NEMA troops released in Megaverse in Flames? The Minion War coming to Earth might be big enough for ARCHIE to do it.

True the kill switch may not kill, but might do something nasty to him. Since he's probably unaware of where it is. and likely would not think to look for one.

I could see a full fledged New Republican faction. The CS has no real enemies now with Tolkien out of the picture and another human force to balance out the active Minions would be needed...that or the CS would need a truce with Lazlo...which I don't see happening.
taalismn wrote:

Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Warshield73 wrote:

Well...I do NOW! That would be awesome. A catastrophic event as the Minion War coming to Rifts Earth could open the door for some major change. NEMA troops being released to fight demons would be a great way to reintroduce them to Earth. Then the politics start. The NEMA troops would have some culture shock to the world they once knew, but they are intelligent and would be briefed by their grand children (Republicans). They could challenge the CS and their "technological advancements" and after the threat of the Minion War passes, there may be some political realigning in North America as a result.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Rimmerdal
Knight

Kagashi wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:

Well...I do NOW! That would be awesome. A catastrophic event as the Minion War coming to Rifts Earth could open the door for some major change. NEMA troops being released to fight demons would be a great way to reintroduce them to Earth. Then the politics start. The NEMA troops would have some culture shock to the world they once knew, but they are intelligent and would be briefed by their grand children (Republicans). They could challenge the CS and their "technological advancements" and after the threat of the Minion War passes, there may be some political realigning in North America as a result.

A new Tolkien so to speak. Plus a chance to bring some the "old" toys from the CE setting up to table. since a good number of them would hold there own. That of course leaves archies fate in the balance. Could have the NR (New republicans) take over a base or three from the CS..say Lonestar or one the other parameter bases.

To get lonestar would be easy..have Des finally lose his marbles and go wild and free...with out the CS to hold him back he could be another rogue element for the CS to chase.
taalismn wrote:

smkeyes
Wanderer

Re: General Emmel an 30,000 Nema soilders question ..

Unread post by smkeyes »

At the start of chaos earth the General and his troops would be spread throughout the north eastern United States.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Or maybe they were already in stasis as part of some 'training exercise'.......
*blinks* "Wait? What do you mean we missed the end of the world?"
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

eliakon wrote:Or maybe they were already in stasis as part of some 'training exercise'.......

like in "Night of the Trolls" by Keith Laumer?

honestly, a lot of those early-timeline bolo stories would work great for Chaos Earth/dark ages rifts.

Night of the Trolls, Lost Legion, Ancestral Voices, The Sixth Sun

Night of the Trolls has an astronaut that was in cryosleep wake up after the collapse of society.

Lost Legion, Ancestral Voices, The Sixth Sun are about a unit of american soldiers on a peacekeeping assignment in a south american nation, who start a trek home, and the various issues they face from the local guerilla's and religious nutjobs.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
smkeyes
Wanderer

Unread post by smkeyes »

eliakon wrote:Or maybe they were already in stasis as part of some 'training exercise'.......

No from what was written the majority of the force did not arrive at the HQ until a couple of weeks after the cataclysm.

So if we are looking at around 2 weeks that would be around the 3rd of January 2099 being the time when they entered stasis.
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Re:

Unread post by Q99 »

Kagashi wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:

Megaverse in flames mentions the possibility. It does note how they have effectively zilch experience with demons! So while they could fight a tech foe like the CS relatively well, it says they'd significantly underperform against supernaturals when compared to CS or New Quebec forces.

jigahus wrote:There aren't a million Shemarrian out there. It specifically numbers them only in the thousands and under the 10,000's in the source books.

Shemarrian Nation puts outside estimates at 20-50k.

We aren't given a total number, but the ones organized into big tribes (which is only a portion of them) make up 8k.

And even with a NEMA army of 30,000 it would be hard pressed for them to take over the CS as a whole or Free Quebec. I mean a million soldiers in all of the CS army vs a NEMA army of 30,000. And I don't see NEMA tech being any better than the latest CS military weapon systems being put out there.

Yes. There's a lot of Glitterboys and other impressive units, so as Archie says, they may be able to breach the walls of Chi-town, but that's in large part because they're a concentrated force and the CS military is spread out.

With that said, however if the NEMA plans to take over the CS with Archie 3 and their recover America plot then that may work.

I always figured that was a pipe dream. They'd still need more internal support than they've got. More than likely, they'd simply cause a lot of fighting but even with their fancy army, without the politics they're just throwing a force from the wrong time against people who don't really know who they are other than they're attacking.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”