Chaos Earth Erratta

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Chaos Earth Erratta

Unread post by NMI »

Anything specifically wrong in any of the Chaos Earth books? I dont mean what you would have done differently or this sucks, etc.. I mean things like typos, wrong number values, something mentioned to be in a given book, but not in it?

Please be as precise as possible.

Keep this thread to erratta only as this is something that "The Galactus Kid" needs.

Anything not on topic will be deleted and the poster given a warning!!!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Di'Talorian Bor'as

No XP Tables...

Unread post by Di'Talorian Bor'as »

Choas Earth: Rise of Magic does not have experience charts for level advancement for the various OCC's in the book.
Jimbo
Wanderer

Unread post by Jimbo »

After looking to see if it was already posted and not finding it, I thought here would be a good place for it.
NEMA Chromium Guardsman vs Rifts Glitter Boy
The Boom gun payload is off. In CE it says the payload is 1000 rounds, with a 400 round ammo canister as back up.
In Rifts, the payload is noted as being 100 rounds with a 40 round reserve. Which is correct?
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Jimbo wrote:After looking to see if it was already posted and not finding it, I thought here would be a good place for it.
NEMA Chromium Guardsman vs Rifts Glitter Boy
The Boom gun payload is off. In CE it says the payload is 1000 rounds, with a 400 round ammo canister as back up.
In Rifts, the payload is noted as being 100 rounds with a 40 round reserve. Which is correct?

This is a change. It was updated in RUE as well (I believe).
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

i cant beleive no one picked up on the missing mdc stats of the silver eagle :lol:
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Lord NorDeth wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:i cant beleive no one picked up on the missing mdc stats of the silver eagle :lol:

Main book (1st Printing), Page 95, upper right hand corner of the page is where the MDC sats for the Silver Eagle are located
really how about the ones missing
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Lord NorDeth wrote:What ones are you referring to?
arms legs hands ones

Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Light human-sized power armor normally doesn't have separate hit locations for the arms and legs. These are considered part of the main body instead.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Tinker Dragoon wrote:Light human-sized power armor normally doesn't have separate hit locations for the arms and legs. These are considered part of the main body instead.
really because the CWC and new west samas have the locations listed.

Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Mech-Viper wrote:
Tinker Dragoon wrote:Light human-sized power armor normally doesn't have separate hit locations for the arms and legs. These are considered part of the main body instead.

So do the Predator, Gun Buster, and numerous others, but not the original SAMAS, nor the Flying Titan, Terrain Hopper, Samson, et al. Why this should be the case is beyond me, especially considering that even body armor has full hit locations nowadays. Unfortunately, despite how screwed up it is, it seems to be deliberate.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Tinker Dragoon wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:

So do the Predator, Gun Buster, and numerous others, but not the original SAMAS, nor the Flying Titan, Terrain Hopper, Samson, et al. Why this should be the case is beyond me, especially considering that even body armor has full hit locations nowadays. Unfortunately, despite how screwed up it is, it seems to be deliberate.
yeah the NEMA body armor has them but the samas dont , somebody dropped the ball opps

Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

under demon and witch hunter in the sectons think like the demonic enemy and arcane knowledge there are bonuses and base ppe listing under both. Is it supposed to be that way?
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -Thomas Jefferson
Jason Richards

SE now has the missing stats.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

speedy_petey
D-Bee

Unread post by speedy_petey »

Perhaps someone has already said this, perhaps not, but I'm saying it anyway. In the Chaos Earth Core Book, it says Lindsey Sawyer has no psionic powers, but Rise of Magic says she has telekenisis, unless I missread it, which is a good possiblity too.
Jason Richards

speedy_petey wrote:Perhaps someone has already said this, perhaps not, but I'm saying it anyway. In the Chaos Earth Core Book, it says Lindsey Sawyer has no psionic powers, but Rise of Magic says she has telekenisis, unless I missread it, which is a good possiblity too.

Psionic powers don't start showing up until further down the timeline... after the point on the timeline that is the Chaos Earth RPG. Same is true for the General.

Lando The Archmagi
D-Bee

Unread post by Lando The Archmagi »

Larsen wrote:under demon and witch hunter in the sectons think like the demonic enemy and arcane knowledge there are bonuses and base ppe listing under both. Is it supposed to be that way?

I have a second printing and it lists two different sets of bonuses for the DWH. Which do I use?

Also it mentions that DWH get some psionics, yet, they didn't list any. They mention the later supplements and or using the ones from Rifts. I got all sorts of Rifts books so I suppose I could just use Rifts: UE for them, but I wondered if Rise of Magic has any psionics?
Lando The Archmagi
RPG Tournament Judge/Attendee
Dragon*Con 2010
http://www.dragoncon.org
Jason Richards

Lando The Archmagi wrote:
Larsen wrote:under demon and witch hunter in the sectons think like the demonic enemy and arcane knowledge there are bonuses and base ppe listing under both. Is it supposed to be that way?

I have a second printing and it lists two different sets of bonuses for the DWH. Which do I use?

Also it mentions that DWH get some psionics, yet, they didn't list any. They mention the later supplements and or using the ones from Rifts. I got all sorts of Rifts books so I suppose I could just use Rifts: UE for them, but I wondered if Rise of Magic has any psionics?

Use the ones from RUE (or any other Palladium game for that matter) for right now. Psionics will be introduced in Psychic Storm. It's possible that I may take a stab at it once First Responders is done, or I may work on my next CE project that I've got on the backburner.

I know it sucks and it's an inconvenience, but I'm working on it.

Lando The Archmagi
D-Bee

Jason Richards wrote:Use the ones from RUE (or any other Palladium game for that matter) for right now. Psionics will be introduced in Psychic Storm. It's possible that I may take a stab at it once First Responders is done, or I may work on my next CE project that I've got on the backburner.

So do I use the first set of bonuses or the 2nd? :) How is your book coming along? I'm dying to get it since it fits my whole new f2f game that I'm using Chaos Earth for. My party is staying away from magic/psionics (I'm making the DWH for a game on Explorer's Unlimited).
Lando The Archmagi
Dragon*Con 2010
Jason Richards

Jason Richards wrote:Use the ones from RUE (or any other Palladium game for that matter) for right now. Psionics will be introduced in Psychic Storm. It's possible that I may take a stab at it once First Responders is done, or I may work on my next CE project that I've got on the backburner.

So do I use the first set of bonuses or the 2nd? :) How is your book coming along? I'm dying to get it since it fits my whole new f2f game that I'm using Chaos Earth for. My party is staying away from magic/psionics (I'm making the DWH for a game on Explorer's Unlimited).

Book is coming well. Hopefully I'll get some work done on it this weekend, but the inlaws are in town so...

Anyway, as to your question... "oops." That's a mark that I missed. It's definitely an either/or situation, and if it were me, I'd say the +4 vs possession and +3 vs HF makes the most sense, rather than the other way around. As GM, I'd either choose one and mark the other out of my book, or let the player pick.

It's not official or anything, but if I were to mark it up, I'd go with the +4 vs possession and +3 vs HF. :)

Lando The Archmagi
D-Bee

Jason Richards wrote:Anyway, as to your question... "oops." That's a mark that I missed. It's definitely an either/or situation, and if it were me, I'd say the +4 vs possession and +3 vs HF makes the most sense, rather than the other way around. As GM, I'd either choose one and mark the other out of my book, or let the player pick.

It's not official or anything, but if I were to mark it up, I'd go with the +4 vs possession and +3 vs HF. :)

Exactly how I'm leaning with the bonuses. I found another possible question too, concerning the psionics, it mentions they can have minor (2) or major (6 - 8) on pg 48, yet Step 4: Determine Psionics under Character Creation mentions Minor get 3 and Major upto 9 powers.

Which one is correct?
Lando The Archmagi
Dragon*Con 2010
Jason Richards

Jason Richards wrote:Anyway, as to your question... "oops." That's a mark that I missed. It's definitely an either/or situation, and if it were me, I'd say the +4 vs possession and +3 vs HF makes the most sense, rather than the other way around. As GM, I'd either choose one and mark the other out of my book, or let the player pick.

Exactly how I'm leaning with the bonuses. I found another possible question too, concerning the psionics, it mentions they can have minor (2) or major (6 - 8) on pg 48, yet Step 4: Determine Psionics under Character Creation mentions Minor get 3 and Major upto 9 powers.

Which one is correct?

The psionics of the DW Hunter are a class ability, not a normal, random development of psionics, so go with what it says in the DWH writeup. :ok:

Lando The Archmagi
D-Bee

Jason Richards wrote:The psionics of the DW Hunter are a class ability, not a normal, random development of psionics, so go with what it says in the DWH writeup. :ok:

I figured you'd say that, but wanted to be clear. Thanks!
Lando The Archmagi
Dragon*Con 2010
smkeyes
Wanderer

Unread post by smkeyes »

The NEMA Soldier/Peacekeeper OCC Both the EOD/Demolitions MOS and the Point Man/Scout MOS should have the Trap & Mine Detection Skill as part of thier MOS or the restriction to Trap & Mine Detection skill being only avaliable to those MOS's that offer the skill should be removed as no MOS offers the Trap and Mine detection skill.
Jason Richards

p. 136

W.P. Submachine-Gun should list range as 500 - 600 ft, instead of 140 ft. I think this is a mistake accidentally copies from the Revolver description.

I use the 500 - 600 ft number because that's what is basically listed in the old RMB, and what is in BTS2.

Lord Death
Explorer

Re: Chaos Earth Erratta

Unread post by Lord Death »

Just want to how tall are the Couril are faerie like in size or are they at 4 to 6 ft tall?
Jason Richards

Lord Death wrote:Just want to how tall are the Couril are faerie like in size or are they at 4 to 6 ft tall?

Not familiar with what you are referencing. Got a book and page number?

Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Lord Death wrote:Just want to how tall are the Couril are faerie like in size or are they at 4 to 6 ft tall?

Couril are from Palladium Fantasy; they're 1 1/2-2 feet tall (page 317 of PFRPG, 4th line of their stat block)
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Lord Death
Explorer

Unread post by Lord Death »

just wondering what size they we're because in the D-Hades book is says that they are 4-6 ft tall and if thats case it would be kind of hard to spy in windowsills with out somebody seeing them and making all that nosies with thier wings etc etc...

the books says that they have butterfly wings and at a quick glance, a person might mistake them for a faerie.
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Lord Death wrote:just wondering what size they we're because in the D-Hades book is says that they are 4-6 ft tall and if thats case it would be kind of hard to spy in windowsills with out somebody seeing them and making all that nosies with thier wings etc etc...

the books says that they have butterfly wings and at a quick glance, a person might mistake them for a faerie.

Yeah, the reason we're confused is that this is about Chaos Earth, not Rifts Dimension Books. However, it does look to be a misprint, probably copied from the Ghoul description.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Re: Mastiff Errors

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Gudinoff wrote:Mastiff description on page 84 states that the searchlights can be replaced with wither twin plasma cannons or twin ion cannons. No stats are listed for these weapons options. Also no stats for the searchlight is listed, how far/much light dose this system make?

I second this post by asking where the stats for the guns are.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

page 132 literacy foriegn lanauge lists Indian as a lanauge

there is Hindi and a couple dozenother lanuages in India but Indian is not a lanuage written or spoken to my knowledge
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Jason Richards

csbioborg wrote:page 132 literacy foriegn lanauge lists Indian as a lanauge

there is Hindi and a couple dozenother lanuages in India but Indian is not a lanuage written or spoken to my knowledge

Good catch.

Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: Re:

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Amanda-Cha'at wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:SE now has the missing stats.

Can they be posted here, or can i send in my Chaos Earth book to palladium books to get a second edition where they are printed?

Chaos Earth errata - second printing

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
heromedel
D-Bee

Unread post by heromedel »

Page 105 random psionics says 1-15%, 9 major psionics.
And 16-35%, 3 minor psionics.

But for DW hunters it says 35% have 2 minor or 6-8 major.

So are DW hunters less psionic then normal humans, or do they get to roll on both charts for a chance to have 5 or 15-17 psionics? If its just a typo and should be 3 and 9 then they are the same as everyone else.

So either its a class penalty, doesnt matter, or is a huge bonus. I cant help but think it just doesnt matter. Same 35 percent chance but lower amount. If this is suppose to be becauae they dont like magic then why use psionivs at all or maybe limit them to sensitive only.

Anyway how am I suppose to officialy handle it, because the above post seamed to me as saying they get less then everyone else. Not sure.

Edit: Also 6-8 seams like a weird set so is it 5+ 1d3 ? Sorry it all just seams like a typo to me or needs updated maybe add a sentance saying they get limited psionics if any and have 4 + 1d4. Just a thought.
smkeyes
Wanderer

Unread post by smkeyes »

NEMA Soldier / Peacekeeper Pg 35 Point Man/Scout MOS does not have sharpshooting listed as a skill.

pg 136 W.P Sharpshooting skill description list the NEMA Peacekeeper: Point Man, Peacekeeper: Pig Man, and Military Specialist as the OCC's that should have it
Grimdagr
D-Bee

Unread post by Grimdagr »

The Military Specialist who takes the Robot Specialist MOS can only drive them but can't use them in combat, since OCC related skills under Pilot: Other is none? Surely that has to be a typo?

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”