How much does your "non-human" character stick out

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

oww, sore thumb...oww

owww...stop shooting me...owww
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Darque wrote:Non-Humans tend to die rather quickly in the games I run. :lol:

As they should, if they're hanging around groups of armed humans.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Darque wrote:Given how screwed up the world is, I can see even "humanlike" aliens (Elves and Dwarves for instance) being targets 8)

Yep. Xenophobia all around.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

My campaign world had Elves, Dwarves, Ogres and Wolfen among the population, so they don't stand out too much, although even before the Apocalypse, they weren't extremely numerous, and tended to stick to their own kind mostly with limited mixing in large cities.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Re: How much does your "non-human" character stick out

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

My mutant bat was shot at by human survivors if he let them see him. Unless it was NEMA troops, as he was a Created in the Lone Star Complex and then it had to be people from his base.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Brimstone wrote:I would guess the best way to run a "non-human" D-Bee game would be to run it like a standard N.E.M.A. campaign. Heroes running around a mostly ruined landscape, trying to help innocents to survive things there background has never prepared them for. Are you going to quibble if your in a burning house, and a 9' foot tall Humanoid Dino (read: Grackle Tooth) come barreling through your wall, scoops you and your kid up in his massive arms and then jumps through another wall to place the two of you on the street before running off to another burning building with screams coming from the seconded floor window?

Now that I brought it up.. damn.. I am going to have to introduce at least one encounter with a Grackle Tooth in my CE game.. just to see how the players will play it out!

"Runnn!!! IT Godzillaaa!!! Runnnn!"

Or the trek version..

"GOOOOOORRRRRRNNNNNN!!!!"
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Brimstone wrote:I would guess the best way to run a "non-human" D-Bee game would be to run it like a standard N.E.M.A. campaign. Heroes running around a mostly ruined landscape, trying to help innocents to survive things there background has never prepared them for. Are you going to quibble if your in a burning house, and a 9' foot tall Humanoid Dino (read: Grackle Tooth) come barreling through your wall, scoops you and your kid up in his massive arms and then jumps through another wall to place the two of you on the street before running off to another burning building with screams coming from the seconded floor window?

Now that I brought it up.. damn.. I am going to have to introduce at least one encounter with a Grackle Tooth in my CE game.. just to see how the players will play it out!

That kind of thing (quibbling over the help) is actually pretty common science-fiction and super-hero comics in particular, and no stranger to horror and disaster genres as well. Which often results in a forced rescue all while those being rescued are trying to escape INTO the danger to get away from you, or after you've rescued their child behave as if you were what threatened the child not the fire and call for help. I believe something like that happened in the second Hellboy movie. Saves a child's life and the mother and everyone else treated him as a monster and threat even after witnessing his heroism.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Things may go a lot better if the GT sings in a Patton Oswalt-esque voice "Super dino hero man. rescuing people from the fire. Gonna save you, cuz I'm not a deeee mon.. yeaahhhhh!"

As for non-humans in a human worlds... My mutant dino time traveld to 16th century vatican city. he was chased by priests and villagers with pitchforks and torches. Even though he spoke perfect latin and told them repeatedly, "non sum daemonium" (I am not the devil) they still shoved him out a high window and watched him splat on the piazza below.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:

Things may go a lot better if the GT sings in a Patton Oswalt-esque voice "Super dino hero man. rescuing people from the fire. Gonna save you, cuz I'm not a deeee mon.. yeaahhhhh!"

As for non-humans in a human worlds... My mutant dino time traveld to 16th century vatican city. he was chased by priests and villagers with pitchforks and torches. Even though he spoke perfect latin and told them repeatedly, "non sum daemonium" (I am not the devil) they still shoved him out a high window and watched him splat on the piazza below.

A sci-fi short story had something similar. A priest goes to confront a 'devil' who is actually an alien using a special force belt to maintain his life support and trapped on Earth. The priest has lengthy discourses with him that the priest completely fails to actually comprehend as the alien, lonely, decides to teach him as much science as he can such as the construction of batteries. Because the priest only sees things in terms of religion he's incapable of actually comprehending what he's told and thinks it all mysterious secrets of Hell and eventually arranges to kill the 'devil' (since his technology just happens to have issues with iron in close proximity) and stuffs all the notes he took into the Vatican as some kind of satanic verses because they're only willing to perceive it as hell information.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Neferkem
D-Bee

Unread post by Neferkem »

What about dragon hatchlings? They might make a good fit with their shapeshifting and smart play could make for fun play.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

I think anyone that could pass as a mutant creation of a place like Lonestar or project Achilles could probably get by as those were supposed to be public knowledge, if he was working with human forces.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”