NEMA rebuilt on Rifts Earth. Possible?

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SycophantNagaraja
Dungeon Crawler

NEMA rebuilt on Rifts Earth. Possible?

Unread post by SycophantNagaraja »

Here's an interesting question:

What if a handful of survivors who formerly served under the NEMA Pre Rifts banner got dropped into the Rifts Earth we now know and love?

Assuming they tried to rebuild their shattered military force, how do you think it would go? And how do you think other nations might react?

And what would be their best chance at survival (assuming they go forward with the rebuilding of NEMA)?

Just looking for some suggestions and/or opinions
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Here's how joining the CS would go.

CS Officer: "So you came through a Rift you say?"
NEMA Guy: "Yeah we have our Glitter SAMAS and everything."
CS troops: ZAP! ZAP! KAPOW! KAPOW!
CS Officer: "Salvage their equipment. I think I'm in for a promotion."
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
SycophantNagaraja
Dungeon Crawler

Actually we have a borg and several citizens from the Pre Rifts era in our game right now. And I got the question posed to me about "what if?". Hence my asking.

I was thinking merc company as well, but I was just wanting to know what others might think
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Re: NEMA rebuilt on Rifts Earth. Possible?

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

SycophantNagaraja wrote:Here's an interesting question:

What if a handful of survivors who formerly served under the NEMA Pre Rifts banner got dropped into the Rifts Earth we now know and love?

Assuming they tried to rebuild their shattered military force, how do you think it would go? And how do you think other nations might react?

And what would be their best chance at survival (assuming they go forward with the rebuilding of NEMA)?

Just looking for some suggestions and/or opinions

Best bet is to lay low and gain intel on the surroundings. If they can meet up with the Tundra Rangers then that would likely be a good choice.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Why would the CS deal with them? To the CS in general, and the platoon, or even company commander in particular NEMA troops would be nasty, stinking d-bees, or at best, grave robbers using stolen technology.

The CS high command should know about NEMA since Chitown was probably founded by remnants of NEMA, or at least survivors that were once protected by NEMA. The current regime would not want, or have anything to gain from the "Old American" way of life influencing their people. At best they would welcome them with open arms, steal their technical knowledge, and knife them in the back.

NEMA would be much better off with the Tundra Rangers, or even some place like the Colorado Baronies. They would see people, avearage people struggling to survive in a harsh world. Other possibilities are the New Navy of course, the Megaveral Legion, NGR, Republic of Japan, Tech Cities of Australia, most predominately human settlements in NA, and even England.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
gaby
Knight

NEMA rebuilt on Rifts on Earth.Possible?

Unread post by gaby »

In my games NEMA,s Platoons have been rifted in time and reapped around Rifts earth, some becoming Mercenaries outfits.

I ever made a Game where the pre-rifts city of Buffalo (in the old state of New York) vanished only seconds after the started of the coming of the rifts and reapped in 87p.a.
They made a non-aggression pact with Lazlo.
By 105p.a ther pop:is 300,000(99,8% Humans)(0,2%D-Bees)
Humans can use Good Magic.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

That can only happed if ther in the Mid-west.

But they can reappear any where on Rifts earth or on other planet!

Hey What do you think the Nema Platoon,s reaction if they got Rifted to the Palladium world?

Can they make a big diffference if the appear in the Wolfen War?
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Horribly wrong, that is how it would go.
Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

Rifting NEMA in to the future might be a way of getting the US branch of NEMA, into a current era Rifts setting, but KS has already left us a similar method of getting large numbers of the Canadian branch of NEMA into the current timeline.

The Tundra Ranger Base in Northern Canada, had among its population a large percentage of military personnel.

Knowing the Canadian government, if Canada ever did agree to contribute to North-American tri-national para-military, homeland defence type force, they would most certainly also use it as an excuse to scale back the regular Canadian Forces.

Therefore, I am forced to conclude that there is already large Canadian contingent of NEMA alive and well in Northern Canada, kicking back with their Tundra Ranger pals.

And, yes I imagine that any US NEMA appearing in modern Rifts, would get along fairly well with the New Navy, and the others mentioned by RockJock; but considering their outlook, they would also get along famously with the CyberKnights, Justice Rangers, and of course the Tundra Rangers.

Another interesting question would be the reappearance of the Mexican branch of NEMA, and its effect on the vampire situation...
G
Adventurer

NEMA on Rifts Earth

Unread post by G »

After rereading the Tundra Rangers & NEMA intro's I am rather sure that the RCMP would have been turfed if someone offered Canada a free(ish) option. 8-)

With that being the case its easy enough to replace the 17,000 Tundra Rangers with NEMA. This raises some fun interactions:

-Space stations - it says that the RCMP base was undamaged, and that Canada had a piece of the Monopoly for space stations and colonization of the moon. This means the base should be able to contact its space counterparts on rifts earth. (although travel would probably be impossible - there has to be fun scenarios that can come from this).

-GB/Eagle production facilities (including the space GBs & GB7 design in SA, I like that helmet - if nothing else).

-ARCHIE3 - I have to look at a map to see just how far away the fort is from Archies location, if he found out about them he would probably send resources their way (although loathe to expose himself; they might just find fully operational facilities & resources near/that could be moved to their underground base that could do whatever they needed at the time). If they find out about him (from a GM perspective, preferably this would NEVER happen) he would probably have to answer to them.

A final thought is that this is a great place to base a game, you have a year of chaos earth starting from the cateclysm to the time that the base is rifted into the future, then you are playing rifts.

That leaves you rethinking what NEMA would do rifted to 81 PA. In Rifts Canda they spend 2 years scouting before deciding to avoid the CS and act as an independent peacekeeping force (sounds like NEMA).

They would probably want to:
-secure their base: bring upto full size (30,000), now no doubt adding magic & psi divisions, I'm not sure about mutant animals...
-restore civilization: create a city? make the CS into what they want it to be?

Lots of possibilities.
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
badmoonz

Unread post by badmoonz »

here's my answer:

"... NEMA (Northern Eagle Military Authority) is now a protectorate organization funded and supported by Olympus. They maintain many City-States and bases scattered throughout North America. Their main headquarters is located in New Atlanta. They are on constant alert for attacks coming from the Coalition States of North America, Free Quebec, the Magic Zone and Atlantis, as well as the usual antagonists. Olympus has several such organizations spread out across Chaos Earth ..."

its an alternate version of "Chaos Earth" that i'm working on. And that's how you'd get away with it.
curb
D-Bee

Unread post by curb »

I thought about that and even toyed with it, having the blueprints of a unit being rifted forward and continuing what they do best, protect the innocent.

However...and this is gonna be posted in the GM forum soon, and probably get flamed, I hope not...I am working on a kingdom, a new one that is militarily based, that has a functioning, pre-rifts facility that can manufacture NEMA hardware!! Though the facility is only at partail operation when I introduce them, over time I'll add to their abilities and set them up as a new player.
SycophantNagaraja
Dungeon Crawler

Sounds similar to what I'm currently running in my game. Only the group is extremely limited with what they are reproduce (and in most cases they flat out don't have it, like the glitter Samas). The group has managed to find NEMA Roscoe armor, the PR-476 Incinerator, a pair of the CDS droids, and a pair of the combat hound droids. And thats it.

They haven't been able to reverse-engineer the Roscoe armor yet, still working on the Incinerator, but the droids they have working again. The plan is to start using them to take up the slack of the military in certain locations.
http://prophetx.deviantart.com

"You did 264 MD to the guys head, and you think you could capture his helmet intact?" - Killer Cyborg
I just remembered, I forgot the rule of headshots doing x2 damage. That should have been 528MD." -Lord_Coake
Rahmota
Adventurer

Unread post by Rahmota »

Well in my game they would be able to integrate reasonably well into the CSA since my CSA is the local good guys and continental superpower (i run them as a blend of a slightly darker more cynical USA, starship trooppers the book and a smattering of starship troopers the movie. Not so much evil as on a defensively war footing and not rabidly xenophobic)

They would also get along with the tolkeen, new navy, dreamland MCG and a few other kingdoms as well as ebign able to go independent in my world.
TANSTAAFL!
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Kikkoman wrote:I don't have Chaos Earth, but how good is NEMA PA/RV's/weapons/etc. compared to say, Coalition?

I thought original deadboy armor was NEMA armor

Well a few example's:

Early CS infantry weapons are based on NEMA/US Military weapons, but don't quite match the performance. The newer CS infantry weapons really don't match up either.

NEMA Body Armor has 120 MDC...

The NEMA Bulldog is a CS Enforcer like unit the size of a Terror Trooper.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

NEMA vs CS

CS is Military powerhouse

NEMA is ATF/FBI/National guard types

CS has manpower

Nema has better equipment

In a straight up fight (large scale)NEMA gets beat, CS walks away knowing they were in a fight against a foe using better equipment

smalll scale NEMA mops the floor with CS troops from one on one to company level
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

i Made a NEMA City-State in Atlantia GA...

Not everyone fled north, alot of the troops got lost for whatever reason, made their way back to the base. They held the line for along time. Going underground for the most part to be safer. Slowly building a fortress above ground. Later on Building a new Mega-city...near the new coast
line...

If anyone wants to check them out here :

My Nema City
closer look
a home
a road
a park
city again
night life
outer defense Mega-cannons
mega-cannons with city in background
city at dusk
city at dawn

A sample cyborg
Female Borg
Pre-NGR styled Nema borg
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

TechnoGothic wrote:i Made a NEMA City-State in Atlantia GA...

Not everyone fled north, alot of the troops got lost for whatever reason, made their way back to the base. They held the line for along time. Going underground for the most part to be safer. Slowly building a fortress above ground. Later on Building a new Mega-city...near the new coast
line...

If anyone wants to check them out here :

My Nema City
closer look
a home
a road
a park
city again
night life
outer defense Mega-cannons
mega-cannons with city in background
city at dusk
city at dawn

A sample cyborg
Female Borg
Pre-NGR styled Nema borg

8) :ok: Cool! Now to make this better, all you need now is some info on the city and some stats for the cyborgs. Hope you provide the info! 8) :ok:
TechnoGothic
Knight

Thanks guyys :D :demon:

I would post info on the cyborgs, but the boards "No Conversions" policy keeps me from doing to.

Instead, It just easier to say Combat Cyborg OCC covers everything you would want them to do.

While both of these cyborgs are pre-rifts designs, they are superior to modern Rifts cyborgs (+25% MDC, +5 to attribute limits, GPS, and better quality weapons in general, more ammo).

btw, how many ppl saved any of those pics ;) :lol:
I have 200+ pics from that anime movie. :D

Ohh Here my Map for entire setting. New Setting map...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

Alpha 11 wrote:
8) :ok: Cool! Now to make this better, all you need now is some info on the city and some stats for the cyborgs. Hope you provide the info! 8) :ok:

Cant on the cyborgs.
But i can on my NEMA city...

This mega-city is surrounded by a 400 ft tall MDC wall. It expands from coast 60 Miles inland in a Half Circle formation. Every 2 Miles located on the Wall, is a Super-Railgun which has terriorifing destructive abilities. Even Neo-NEMA aircraft needs to stay 25+ miles away or these Super-railgun cannons will open fire. Their range is much greater, almost 50 miles. Each Super-railgun is loaded with standard gattling style railguns to protect it from close combatants. (These cannons inflict 2d10 x100 MDC per blast, the standard guns inflict 1d6x10 MDc per burst). Yes his is Uber.
Inside the City, it is tanqual, claim, and clean. To outsiders it would seem to be a paridise come true. Only standard human crimes take place from time to time. That is when the city's S.W.A.T. teams move. Crime is punished severely and quickly. In the case a prisoner is actually taken alive (1 in 5 only), They are exiled to a prison island. This island is near escape-proof, since the prison is underground. Prisoner who make it to the surface are not hunted down. They must survive the man-eating monsters instead. This threat of death keep most from trying to escape.
The City itself, however is an example of how Earth culture might have looked if the Rifts did erupt. Neo-NEMA 01 help support her too newer sister cities through supplying the Neo-NEMA Military with troops as much as it can. Neo-NEMA 02 (Atlanta) is the Military Base City. It used to just be a Military base, until everyone saw how effective the Mega-walls were at keeping the dangers out of Neo-NEMA City on the coast. Currently Neo-NEMA is finishing up a Third Mega-City, Neo-NEMA City 03. Within the next 2 or 3 years its outter walls will be finished at last. Neo-NEMA City 03 has the smallest population of the cities. Even it boosts a huge population by Rifts standards, almost 3 Million Citizens within its walls, and 20,000 S.W.A.T. personel. The Neo-NEMA Military has nothing to do with inner-city Police/defense. The Neo-NEMA Miliarty only operates outsides the Mega-cities walls. Patroling the Wilderness for human surviviors.

Politics inside Neo-NEMA is simple. Its a Paramilitary based governement based on the old NEMA/CIA/FBI...No Magic laws is to keep dangerous magics out of the hands of normal citizens. Not even the Military/S.W.A.T. uses magic. They tried it, but it backfired when several mages went rogue and tried to take control of the government. Psychics are registered and implanted with a Bio-chip that tells anyone who scans them with a work up on their know powers. Psychics can make good money in the Psi-corp sector, making sure both parties are telling the truth. Psi-corp Sector is a subgroup of SWAT that is allowed to legally use their powers.

The Ruling Council of Neo-NEMA was actually alive when the Rifts erupted. The pre-rifts Anti-aging treatments many of them underwent allowed them to barely age all this time. It however reduces fertility rate to 01% among its users. Most citizens do not wish for so low of fertility among themselves, instead they used Life-prolonging teatments which allows them reproduce, but only retards their aging by a factor of 1/5. Even this reduces fertility though. To approximently 45% chance of a normal person. Almost 10% of the population reject the idea of life-enhancement drugs altogether. They perfer to age as nature wishes them too.

(more to come later...)
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

SycophantNagaraja
Dungeon Crawler

Hey TG,

I have to say, while I wouldn't take the approch you took to your Rifts World, I definately like the thought put to it. Smooth looking map too, a big plus.

"You did 264 MD to the guys head, and you think you could capture his helmet intact?" - Killer Cyborg
I just remembered, I forgot the rule of headshots doing x2 damage. That should have been 528MD." -Lord_Coake
TechnoGothic
Knight

SycophantNagaraja wrote:Hey TG,

I have to say, while I wouldn't take the approch you took to your Rifts World, I definately like the thought put to it. Smooth looking map too, a big plus.

Thanks, Yeah i'm transforming Rifts into a more Mesh mash of the differant Paladium settings in one single Post-apocolypic setting.

Look like i'll be adding a few new things to my map at the player request too.

#1 Old-Style Aliens Unlimited (using the leveling method of AU-GG) Riathenor. Symbiote Armors, not Parisitic Demon beings/armors.
Transdimenion Aliens using Symbiote Armors came here. Seeing how they still need help to survive here, These aliens did the unthinkable to them. They sought out help from SDC beings nearby. Training them in special forces fighting skills, gave them the seed of the Symbiote Armors. They brought with them their culture however. A Hunter society to keep their skills at peak levels. (Only Special Forces Riathenor came through, Special Forces tradiation, not Riathenor tradiation). The Elder Riathenors are True Riathenors. Most of these Riathenors are actually Human, Elfs, Dwarfs, Wolven...who have impressed the Riathenors with their skill of the Hunt, and in combat. The Elders are now experimenting with making Non-Special Forces Symbiote Armors with some success. No Non-symbiote armor user as seen what the Riathenor really look like. But withing months of bonding to the symbiote armors, skin tons changes to whiteish motted coloring....
New Symbiote armor tech that has proven successful is includes a Cyborgish Symbiote Body to house a brain. or torso parts.

Sound Interesting ??

I'm thinking Southern Mexico and the Yactan Penisula going down towards Panama used to be...or their terroritory
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Alpha 11
Palladin

Like it. Would not mind having some history of how this Rifts Earth is different. With that world map alone bring up a bunch of questions.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Alpha 11 wrote:Like it. Would not mind having some history of how this Rifts Earth is different. With that world map alone bring up a bunch of questions.

Shoot :D
Ask away.

I'm updating the map to include the Riathenor.
Mexico, from Mexico City to Panama's old north border. Request from the players.
They said it would make travel through through there cool, and sets up nice "Predator movie" sub-adventures...
I agree :D

So what was those questions ?
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Alpha 11
Palladin

TechnoGothic wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:Like it. Would not mind having some history of how this Rifts Earth is different. With that world map alone bring up a bunch of questions.

Shoot :D
Ask away.

I'm updating the map to include the Riathenor.
Mexico, from Mexico City to Panama's old north border. Request from the players.
They said it would make travel through through there cool, and sets up nice "Predator movie" sub-adventures...
I agree :D

So what was those questions ?

Not really a question, more like the history of your Rifts Earth. How did the Robotech forces get there? Is the CS as bad as before, ect.
RockJock
Knight

I've been toying with a similar idea of bringing a city with a big NEMA group into Rifts earth. Basically after things start to explode on Earth a spaceship(Robotech of some sort) with a swarm of bug like ships attacking it appears over a US city. As the battle is joined, radio com between NEMA and the US military on scene and the spaceship are established, they both fight the Invid and demons, and come out in pretty good shape. After a few weeks of clean up and rebuilding they realize they are hundreds of years in the future, in Rifts earth. That is about all I've thought out.
Alpha 11
Palladin

RockJock wrote:I've been toying with a similar idea of bringing a city with a big NEMA group into Rifts earth. Basically after things start to explode on Earth a spaceship(Robotech of some sort) with a swarm of bug like ships attacking it appears over a US city. As the battle is joined, radio com between NEMA and the US military on scene and the spaceship are established, they both fight the Invid and demons, and come out in pretty good shape. After a few weeks of clean up and rebuilding they realize they are hundreds of years in the future, in Rifts earth. That is about all I've thought out.

:ok: I could go with that easily. :ok: Hope to hear more. And to not get to of topic, I would love to see some stories on some of these topics.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Alpha 11 wrote:Not really a question, more like the history of your Rifts Earth. How did the Robotech forces get there? Is the CS as bad as before, ect.

My CSA is more like After the Bomb's Empire of Humanity. They hate Animal People for the most part. They distrust, magic, aliens and d-bees, as long as they do not look like animal people ;)
Most of the AU aliens would would be hated.
CSA uses an Body Armor/Exo-skelton from the AtB. Their Equipment used to Chromium Based, Only FQ still has the ability to produce that, and they are not sharing it anymore.
The CSA has been experimenting with new equipment, not based on older designs recently. They wish to keep the shinny Silver Armor apearance however. But is willing to change if need be. Blue Chrome is becoming popular, and Red Chrome too. Gold Chrome is what the CSA leaders perfer over the other two. It would keep the Nobleness of their Silver Chromium background, while letting become their own new symbol for the future...
CSA lost there ability to make Chromium alloy over 50 years ago when the Animal People blew up the factory they had built. Since then, FQ had been repairing their Chromium alloy equipement for then, but will not build them new equipment. FQ blames the CSA for the Animal People problem.
NOTE: The CSA used Animal Men like the CS uses Dogboys. The Animals broke away and went rogue. Only their Canine Soldiers *Dogboys* remained loyal to the CSA. Dispite the CSA's hatred of Animal People, the Dogboys are still loved by them. When a Dogboy retires from military service, he is given to a Family. Ex-Dogboys make excellent protectors for children and families. They almost never try to become the alpha of the house. They will die to protect children of any kind however. Unknown to the CSA leader, this kinship between the people and the dogboys is slowly melting the people's hatred of the animal people in general. Though the terrorist acts the Rogue Animal people make from time reinforces this hatred each time they attack.

Free Quebec is the closest to the old NEMA in equipment. Lots of Chromium Power Armors varients, including the Silver Eagle. Free Quebec uses the same Exo-Armor as the CSA, but their is still chromium alloy, which as better MDC and is laser resistant as per GBs.
Free Qubec hates all Non-Humans, Hates Magics. They do not even trust their own psychics ( fear the abuse of their powers, seen many years ago. FQ remembers it well still ).
Free Quebec has thought about leaving the CSA completely. Not offically a memember of the CSA though, just an Ally. Most people think they are CSA though. FQ has contacted Neo-NEMA a few years ago. They would love to join them, but Neo-NEMA has no plans offering membership to them anytime soon, until Neo-NEMA expands further north to Washinton DC area at least. Neo-NEMA and FQ have entired into a friendly rivialery recently. Building a Chromium based Cyborg.
FQ has been playing on doing this for years now anyways. The deal was to see who could build the better Chromium Borg. FQ has experimented with Small Glitterboy likeness to no real success, but they have made Light Borgs which use their Sidekick GB armor.

Neo-NEMA approach to this has been using a Pre-Rifts design of a Massive Cyborg soldier, designed to use dual Boomguns, and Mini-missiles launches. But their current model lacks speed. ( see WoR, Thunderstorm Ultra-borg for my idea )

As for the Is the CSA as bad of Rifts CS...No. Much better in fact. Not ruled by an Evil Emperior for starters. Each State has their own ruler, which forms into a Council of Rulers for the Entire CSA. Only FQ never had a sit on the council, because they were just an ally instead of an actual member of the CSA. I'm making Detriot the "Builders of CSA equipment State"

The Monroe Federation (Animal People) hate Humans with a passion. They see themselves as been used as slaves for too long. They want payback, in blood. The average Animal person is worst than your average Nazi in their hatred of the Jews, ect... Which is a reason why the Wolven like them so much.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

RockJock
Knight

It hasn't gotten past the idea stage. I just love Robotech, and I see the REF ship popping into the middle of the coming of the Rifts messing with time and space enough to pop everyone forward in time.
SycophantNagaraja
Dungeon Crawler

I always had this idea for an Ikzuchi (or however it's spelled) command carrier being partially buied under a mountain and the remnants of the REF using it as a base of Op on Rifts Earth. Kind of like the SDF1 witht he city built near it for protection.

Alpha 11
Palladin

TechnoGothic wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:Not really a question, more like the history of your Rifts Earth. How did the Robotech forces get there? Is the CS as bad as before, ect.

My CSA is more like After the Bomb's Empire of Humanity. They hate Animal People for the most part. They distrust, magic, aliens and d-bees, as long as they do not look like animal people ;)
Most of the AU aliens would would be hated.
CSA uses an Body Armor/Exo-skelton from the AtB. Their Equipment used to Chromium Based, Only FQ still has the ability to produce that, and they are not sharing it anymore.
The CSA has been experimenting with new equipment, not based on older designs recently. They wish to keep the shinny Silver Armor apearance however. But is willing to change if need be. Blue Chrome is becoming popular, and Red Chrome too. Gold Chrome is what the CSA leaders perfer over the other two. It would keep the Nobleness of their Silver Chromium background, while letting become their own new symbol for the future...
CSA lost there ability to make Chromium alloy over 50 years ago when the Animal People blew up the factory they had built. Since then, FQ had been repairing their Chromium alloy equipement for then, but will not build them new equipment. FQ blames the CSA for the Animal People problem.
NOTE: The CSA used Animal Men like the CS uses Dogboys. The Animals broke away and went rogue. Only their Canine Soldiers *Dogboys* remained loyal to the CSA. Dispite the CSA's hatred of Animal People, the Dogboys are still loved by them. When a Dogboy retires from military service, he is given to a Family. Ex-Dogboys make excellent protectors for children and families. They almost never try to become the alpha of the house. They will die to protect children of any kind however. Unknown to the CSA leader, this kinship between the people and the dogboys is slowly melting the people's hatred of the animal people in general. Though the terrorist acts the Rogue Animal people make from time reinforces this hatred each time they attack.

Free Quebec is the closest to the old NEMA in equipment. Lots of Chromium Power Armors varients, including the Silver Eagle. Free Quebec uses the same Exo-Armor as the CSA, but their is still chromium alloy, which as better MDC and is laser resistant as per GBs.
Free Qubec hates all Non-Humans, Hates Magics. They do not even trust their own psychics ( fear the abuse of their powers, seen many years ago. FQ remembers it well still ).
Free Quebec has thought about leaving the CSA completely. Not offically a memember of the CSA though, just an Ally. Most people think they are CSA though. FQ has contacted Neo-NEMA a few years ago. They would love to join them, but Neo-NEMA has no plans offering membership to them anytime soon, until Neo-NEMA expands further north to Washinton DC area at least. Neo-NEMA and FQ have entired into a friendly rivialery recently. Building a Chromium based Cyborg.
FQ has been playing on doing this for years now anyways. The deal was to see who could build the better Chromium Borg. FQ has experimented with Small Glitterboy likeness to no real success, but they have made Light Borgs which use their Sidekick GB armor.

Neo-NEMA approach to this has been using a Pre-Rifts design of a Massive Cyborg soldier, designed to use dual Boomguns, and Mini-missiles launches. But their current model lacks speed. ( see WoR, Thunderstorm Ultra-borg for my idea )

As for the Is the CSA as bad of Rifts CS...No. Much better in fact. Not ruled by an Evil Emperior for starters. Each State has their own ruler, which forms into a Council of Rulers for the Entire CSA. Only FQ never had a sit on the council, because they were just an ally instead of an actual member of the CSA. I'm making Detriot the "Builders of CSA equipment State"

The Monroe Federation (Animal People) hate Humans with a passion. They see themselves as been used as slaves for too long. They want payback, in blood. The average Animal person is worst than your average Nazi in their hatred of the Jews, ect... Which is a reason why the Wolven like them so much.

Thanks for the info! Hope to see more soon!
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Nema would know where are the pre frits cache of weapons and technology could be found. They could locate an old base and take root there.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Greyaxe wrote:Nema would know where are the pre frits cache of weapons and technology could be found. They could locate an old base and take root there.

That all depends in who all is in that group.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Rise Thread of Doom !!!

Hehehe.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

TURN DEAD.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Re:

Unread post by ZINO »

Lenwë Ancalímon wrote:I assume you're saying that a group of NEMA from chaos earth get time (and space??) warped into the future and plop into the middle of 105 PA (or so).

Also assuming that they're still in the US, I'd say that they're most likely to eventually hook up with the CS. Maybe become citizens. If the CS gave them the heeby-jeebies, maybe they'd try Free Quebec or some other primarily human society.

If they stayed independent, I'd run them as a mercenary outfit. Though, if they got to be too big, powerful, and influential, I'd suspect the CS would shut them down.

as much as I want to it not possible may be a less paranoid and prejudiced maybe
but a N.E.M.A and US armed forces survive via dimensional rift and time travel at the same yes look at as a mercenary outfit

N.A.A.T
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=120212
tell what you think
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
SycophantNagaraja
Dungeon Crawler

LOL holy cow talk about a thread resurrection. I haven't been to this forum in years. I always loved Chaos Earth. Makes me wish I was still running a Rifts game.

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Wow I think it comes down to how it is handle. If its handled like a teenager then a firefight starts, If it handled like an adult, then it plays out a different way
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
TechnoGothic
Knight

hehehe...

Teenager ... Lots of Mindless Firefights and immature sexual content and foul language (1980s Action Films)

Adult ... Any Firefights have a Purpose. Sexual Content is hinted at, but does not need to be shown. Foul Language is saved for moments where it creates impact. Lots of Character growth. (Jurrasic Park, Abyss, Pitch Black, 13th Warrior, etc..)

Or like a Young Adult...which is a mix of the teenager and Adult methods at the same time. Less immature sexual content and Less firefights, but characters getting personal growth. (James Bond, Borune Identity, Mr.&Ms.Smith, 300, Underworld series, etc...)
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

TechnoGothic wrote:hehehe...

Teenager ... Lots of Mindless Firefights and immature sexual content and foul language (1980s Action Films)

Adult ... Any Firefights have a Purpose. Sexual Content is hinted at, but does not need to be shown. Foul Language is saved for moments where it creates impact. Lots of Character growth. (Jurrasic Park, Abyss, Pitch Black, 13th Warrior, etc..)

Or like a Young Adult...which is a mix of the teenager and Adult methods at the same time. Less immature sexual content and Less firefights, but characters getting personal growth. (James Bond, Borune Identity, Mr.&Ms.Smith, 300, Underworld series, etc...)

Or munchkin character with zero personally

Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Stormrunner wrote:From the description of NEMA training and background NEMA personnel transported to rifts earth, or waking up from cryogenic sleep, are likely to adopt a town or towns. Assuming it’s a large group, as a number of you have assumed you got the makings of a new city state. (great campaign idea!)

A highly trained and well equipped force would most likely be able to secure a fairly large area. These guys are dedicated to protecting those weaker than themselves. While there will be some who wont trust them many soon will. The forth of fifth time these guys sweep in and save some small community from a monster, bandits, or an evil mage and DON’T try to squeeze the locals for something of value people will begin to look on them much like the cyberknights.

Unlike the knights these guys will be interested in putting down some roots and are pretty skilled in building things to restore/create infrastructure. Roads, bridges, power systems, sewage treatment, water purification, housing…. And they are as skilled in military fortifications…

Assuming they didn’t show up next door to the coalition I would bet they would have a pretty respectable country/ city state in 5-10 years.

ARCHIE is in possession of a NEMA army in cryogenic stasis as of Revised SB 1.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Nightmask
Palladin

Re:

Unread post by Nightmask »

Greyaxe wrote:Nema would know where are the pre frits cache of weapons and technology could be found. They could locate an old base and take root there.

I imagine if people can't find NORAD because of the changes in the landscape due to the Cataclysm other pre-Rifts weapon catches and locations aren't a given to be able to track down either.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Re: Re:

Nightmask wrote:

I imagine if people can't find NORAD because of the changes in the landscape due to the Cataclysm other pre-Rifts weapon catches and locations aren't a given to be able to track down either.

its wouldnt be too hard to find, someone should atleast have found colorado springs

Nightmask
Palladin

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Nightmask wrote:

its wouldnt be too hard to find, someone should atleast have found colorado springs

Palladium works on a 'Nuh Uh!' mindset from what I've seen, including insisting that the planet's geography changed so radically that even good-sized landmarks that one should reasonably be able to find aren't locatable anymore. Especially when it comes to finding Golden Age Pre-Rifts installations that could give a PC party a radical upgrade or edge. Otherwise someone ought to have found NORAD (or for that matter still be in charge of it, unlikely it had everyone die or vanish like happened at Lone Star and NORAD was certainly built to sustain a decent population long enough to last into the current day).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Nightmask wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Nightmask wrote:

Palladium works on a 'Nuh Uh!' mindset from what I've seen, including insisting that the planet's geography changed so radically that even good-sized landmarks that one should reasonably be able to find aren't locatable anymore. Especially when it comes to finding Golden Age Pre-Rifts installations that could give a PC party a radical upgrade or edge. Otherwise someone ought to have found NORAD (or for that matter still be in charge of it, unlikely it had everyone die or vanish like happened at Lone Star and NORAD was certainly built to sustain a decent population long enough to last into the current day).

Yup that good old mindset , where NPCs can find secret bases,losted complexes and gain access to objects in orbits and where players can't read maps

Nightmask
Palladin

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Nightmask wrote:Palladium works on a 'Nuh Uh!' mindset from what I've seen, including insisting that the planet's geography changed so radically that even good-sized landmarks that one should reasonably be able to find aren't locatable anymore. Especially when it comes to finding Golden Age Pre-Rifts installations that could give a PC party a radical upgrade or edge. Otherwise someone ought to have found NORAD (or for that matter still be in charge of it, unlikely it had everyone die or vanish like happened at Lone Star and NORAD was certainly built to sustain a decent population long enough to last into the current day).

Yup that good old mindset , where NPCs can find secret bases,losted complexes and gain access to objects in orbits and where players can't read maps

What part of 'maps are useless because of the changing geography' did you miss? Something explicitly noted under the NORAD entry. Also what part of 'NORAD generally isn't listed on maps' do you also happen to be missing? And yes NPC's can find all sorts of things, they can find a way to convert matter directly into energy and gain limitless energy to power undreamed of weapons that can't currently because the power requirements are too high IF THE GM WANTS THAT TO HAPPEN. GM give all sorts of fun toys to the NPC since they belong to them, handing over NORAD because 'hey the scholar found this old map listing this fabulous Golden Age facility' is another thing entirely. The canon material in the books make it clear you aren't going to get any use out of maps trying to find it, no matter how much you want to insist 'well they should have no problems finding it, it's on the map!'.

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Nightmask wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Nightmask wrote:Palladium works on a 'Nuh Uh!' mindset from what I've seen, including insisting that the planet's geography changed so radically that even good-sized landmarks that one should reasonably be able to find aren't locatable anymore. Especially when it comes to finding Golden Age Pre-Rifts installations that could give a PC party a radical upgrade or edge. Otherwise someone ought to have found NORAD (or for that matter still be in charge of it, unlikely it had everyone die or vanish like happened at Lone Star and NORAD was certainly built to sustain a decent population long enough to last into the current day).

What part of 'maps are useless because of the changing geography' did you miss? Something explicitly noted under the NORAD entry. Also what part of 'NORAD generally isn't listed on maps' do you also happen to be missing? And yes NPC's can find all sorts of things, they can find a way to convert matter directly into energy and gain limitless energy to power undreamed of weapons that can't currently because the power requirements are too high IF THE GM WANTS THAT TO HAPPEN. GM give all sorts of fun toys to the NPC since they belong to them, handing over NORAD because 'hey the scholar found this old map listing this fabulous Golden Age facility' is another thing entirely. The canon material in the books make it clear you aren't going to get any use out of maps trying to find it, no matter how much you want to insist 'well they should have no problems finding it, it's on the map!'.
Depens on which maps are you talking about civilian maps, yes, but military maps I don't think so . The landscape might look different doesn't means the towns that were near it grow legs and walked away.

Nightmask
Palladin

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Nightmask wrote:What part of 'maps are useless because of the changing geography' did you miss? Something explicitly noted under the NORAD entry. Also what part of 'NORAD generally isn't listed on maps' do you also happen to be missing? And yes NPC's can find all sorts of things, they can find a way to convert matter directly into energy and gain limitless energy to power undreamed of weapons that can't currently because the power requirements are too high IF THE GM WANTS THAT TO HAPPEN. GM give all sorts of fun toys to the NPC since they belong to them, handing over NORAD because 'hey the scholar found this old map listing this fabulous Golden Age facility' is another thing entirely. The canon material in the books make it clear you aren't going to get any use out of maps trying to find it, no matter how much you want to insist 'well they should have no problems finding it, it's on the map!'.

Depens on which maps are you talking about civilian maps, yes, but military maps I don't think so . The landscape might look different doesn't means the towns that were near it grow legs and walked away.

Civilian or military they aren't going to magically update because 'well the military drew them' and the civilian don't. We've an entire industry based around people checking and rechecking maps, locating changes, and updating who owns what because boundaries shift around based on the natural landscape. A centuries old military map is gong to be just as outdated and wrong as a civilian map especially when a cosmic cataclysm literally remakes the landscape putting hills and valleys where they weren't before, reshaping where rivers run, and even raising up mountains where they weren't previously.

Towns get buried or destroyed, forests become deserts, people remake things trying to rebuild, it's incredibly naive and totally downplaying events of the magnitude that the Cataclysm was. That military map isn't going to get you anywhere when you're going 'huh, that river isn't on the map, and where'd that forest come from?', because it's going to be just as wrong as the old civilian maps. You may think there's something special about military maps but there isn't.

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Nightmask wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Nightmask wrote:What part of 'maps are useless because of the changing geography' did you miss? Something explicitly noted under the NORAD entry. Also what part of 'NORAD generally isn't listed on maps' do you also happen to be missing? And yes NPC's can find all sorts of things, they can find a way to convert matter directly into energy and gain limitless energy to power undreamed of weapons that can't currently because the power requirements are too high IF THE GM WANTS THAT TO HAPPEN. GM give all sorts of fun toys to the NPC since they belong to them, handing over NORAD because 'hey the scholar found this old map listing this fabulous Golden Age facility' is another thing entirely. The canon material in the books make it clear you aren't going to get any use out of maps trying to find it, no matter how much you want to insist 'well they should have no problems finding it, it's on the map!'.

Civilian or military they aren't going to magically update because 'well the military drew them' and the civilian don't. We've an entire industry based around people checking and rechecking maps, locating changes, and updating who owns what because boundaries shift around based on the natural landscape. A centuries old military map is gong to be just as outdated and wrong as a civilian map especially when a cosmic cataclysm literally remakes the landscape putting hills and valleys where they weren't before, reshaping where rivers run, and even raising up mountains where they weren't previously.

Towns get buried or destroyed, forests become deserts, people remake things trying to rebuild, it's incredibly naive and totally downplaying events of the magnitude that the Cataclysm was. That military map isn't going to get you anywhere when you're going 'huh, that river isn't on the map, and where'd that forest come from?', because it's going to be just as wrong as the old civilian maps. You may think there's something special about military maps but there isn't.
who said anything about maps being updated, it doesn't take anymore then a current map(yes there are map makers in rifts earth) and comparing it to a pre-rifts map, and doing the math to find a place.

Nightmask
Palladin

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Nightmask wrote:Civilian or military they aren't going to magically update because 'well the military drew them' and the civilian don't. We've an entire industry based around people checking and rechecking maps, locating changes, and updating who owns what because boundaries shift around based on the natural landscape. A centuries old military map is gong to be just as outdated and wrong as a civilian map especially when a cosmic cataclysm literally remakes the landscape putting hills and valleys where they weren't before, reshaping where rivers run, and even raising up mountains where they weren't previously.

who said anything about maps being updated, it doesn't take anymore then a current map(yes there are map makers in rifts earth) and comparing it to a pre-rifts map, and doing the math to find a place.

That is just so wrong and pretends nothing of what I said was actually said. You've no concept of what's actually involved to keep insisting all it takes is 'well this map and that map and *poof* we have NORAD'. People trained in land navigation and using maps as current as possible still get lost because they missed a terrain feature or misread something yet you blithely insist it's no trouble at all with a centuries out of date map where the terrain has changed dramatically to find something depicted on it. Go check with an Archaeologist how 'easy' finding all those lost cities was because 'hey we've got a map made back around that time'. You simply don't understand how difficult it actually is to find anything in such situations.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”