Random Thoughts.

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Random Thoughts.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

I just thought of something involving the Chaos Earth: Resurrection book. Wouldn't the Transmission of the Black Obelisk get interfered with by both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans due to there being no real land in them beyond the various islands?

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
President of Lemenger Biologics Unlimited.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: Random Thoughts.

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

depends on how it is transmitted, i'd imagine.

if via radio, remember that atmospheric conditions can actually boost range by reflections or waveguide effects.

if it is physical, well the continents actually can be a lot closer together than people realize. North america and Asia for example, normally several thousand miles apart.. are actually only a couple miles apart up north (the Bering straight if 53 miles across and has several islands in it) (and there are currently plans to build a bridge across)

You can pretty much walk from north america to europe over the polar icecap as well.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Supergyro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Supergyro »

I can't imagine Lemarchand couldn't figure out an aquatic scrap zombie, and radio signals etc can penetrate water just fine.

If Lemarchand can take two whole continents, that should give him more than enough resources to go seaward, or maybe just march over the bering strait,
"The key is your mind, control and master it. Doing that will not only master your body, but also enable you to shape the world around you to your every desire."

---Said by a Psyscape teacher to a class of Psi Warriors
---Said by a Mindwerks technician, before he drills the hole in your skull
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

That's true. But it'd be tricky.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”