Zombie how you deal mass combat

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Zombie how you deal mass combat

Unread post by darkguyver »

Rifts® Chaos Earth® Sourcebook: Resurrection

How do deal with mass zombie combat how do you give damage to players when in mdc armor?
Speaking of chaos zombie
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Zombie how you deal mass combat

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Good question. I'm interested in hearing from anyone using the Resurrection sourcebook because this is exactly been my key concern. I am surprised the sourcebook didn't address this.
Greepnak
Explorer

Unread post by Greepnak »

sdc zombies grapple and entangle all day long, gnawing fruitlessly on the armored body parts but still effectively burdening/entangling/burying the mdc armored character beneath the weight... there's a short story from a glitterboy pilot buried under hundreds of chaos zombies as he runs out of air.

Mechanically I'd just group it up... this dice roll is not for ONE zombie, it is for 20 ( of say, 100)
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

I guess the problem if 2 zombies are entangling the same arm, is while you can spend 1 action to roll dodge to attempt escape, that might be once per entangle, so it could be many to get free.

Of course... can a zombie even entangle you if you don't attack him, since it's a defense? It should probably be allowed as an attack too.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Pretty sure Chaos Zombies can power punch for 1 Mega-Damage.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Axelmania
Knight

True dat, TBH hadn't looked them up until now...

darkguyver wrote:how do you give damage to players when in mdc armor?
Speaking of chaos zombie

Pg 38 "They possess Augmented Strength and can even inflict minor M.D.C. with a power punch (counts as two attacks)."

Pg 40 "equivalent to Augmented Strength and inflicts 1 M.D. from power punch attacks"

Pg 41 "Power Punch does 1 M.D. but uses both of its attacks for that melee round."

Mass combat should be easy: 1 MD per zombie per melee.

Makes me wonder if you attack then during a power-punch windup if they can bail (wasting their 1st attack) to spend their 2nd (not used yet since they haven't thrown the punch, it lands on the 2nd attack I think was clarified somewhere) to try and entangle you.

Some naughty wizard running around casting Superhuman Strength spell (supernatural PS 30) on these guys after you've waded into an underestimated-mob could also be problematic.
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

So the thing to worry about even from sdc zombies, is pinning not being able to move and dehydration or suffocation if you cant escape.
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Axelmania
Knight

Axelmania wrote:Pg 38 "They possess Augmented Strength and can even inflict minor M.D.C. with a power punch (counts as two attacks)."

Pg 40 "equivalent to Augmented Strength and inflicts 1 M.D. from power punch attacks"

Pg 41 "Power Punch does 1 M.D. but uses both of its attacks for that melee round."

Mass combat should be easy: 1 MD per zombie per melee.

In rereading this post I need to go back and contradict myself because I had forgotten how Augmented PS power punches worked.

Augmented PS used to require PS 35 to do the 1 MD power punch. This was later loosened by RUE (or maybe revised CB, can't find the 2002 version to check) to only require PS 24.

Pg 40 gives Chaos Zombies a PS of 20+1D4 so technically only 25% of them should be able to do the MD punch? Those with 20-23 should be out of luck?

That or we view "inflicts 1 MD" as a special ability for Chaos Zombies separate from their PS, so it doesn't matter if it's below 24.

That or just give them all bodybuilding+athletics to guarantee they get PS 24. The resulting SDC boost wouldn't hurt, these guys just aren't that durable.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

All Chaos Zombies can inflict 1 Mega Damage with a power punch.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”