Chaos Earth Campaign, Not set in Chicagoland

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Brayon
Explorer

Chaos Earth Campaign, Not set in Chicagoland

Unread post by Brayon »

I recently started a CEC for my group, set in the state of Texas, near San Antonio. I personally love the CE series, but my biggest beef is the lack of information outside of N.E.M.A. & Chicagoland of the U.S.A. Even with pillaging the Republicans from Rifts - Sourcebook 1, there really isn't that much info.

How have others compensated for this?

What changes have you done?
"No, actually, as there's that really big special rule that overrides any other rules. You know, the one where if something looks stupid or limiting or otherwise hinders game play or fun the GM is free to change or discard the rule." - Nightmask
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Chaos Earth Campaign, Not set in Chicagoland

Unread post by Fell »

I have been running a CE game based out of Denver Colorado for a while now. (The characters are in Colorado, not the players, we live in CA).

I modeled NEMA Mid West Command (Denver) after the Chicago NEMA presented in the books. Used real life locations such as NORAD, USAF Academy ect... picked part of Denver that was still under human control and drew on a printed out Google map of Denver to show the players.

If you are in Texas, use the Lone Star complex in a game session. We went there to shut down the Dimensional Vortex project and clear the base of demons before shutting it down (for the CS to later find). I put six Vortex projects out there (NORAD, LONE STAR, MARS, and three others) that the players have been shutting down one by one. It gets us out and about into the world and to several far locations.

Basically I pull lore out of the Rifts books. There are Vampire hives in Mexico...just at a lesser degree. I have a human bad guy force that the players run across several times (based on the Pecos Empire...just as a fledgling new force). In Colorado I present reasons why people are gathering in places that exist in Rifts Colorado. In Texas there are some cool places (like Briscoe America Texas) that could exist in the time of Rifts because of your players.

Have the players run across: Wichita Falls. Wichita Falls was a mid-sized military base that protected an oil field, cattle range (several ranches), a dairy plant and helped to defend the southeast corner of CS holdings. Whats it like in the time of CE.

Both Houstown and Kerrville are close to San Antonio right, read up on them out of LS Book and use them in a modified way.

Anyway...hope to have sparked some idea.....CE is much fun!
Dan Frederick
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Double post...sorry...just thought of this:

Visit New Mexico :) lol

See the Rifter #69 ;)

I have had the CE Players all over the USA / Canada / Mexico and even to MARS briefly...I just use Rifts books and think about how things were back in the CE days.
Dan Frederick
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I agree with Fell. Pick your favorite Rifts book and turn back time.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Spinachcat wrote:I agree with Fell. Pick your favorite Rifts book and turn back time.

in my case it's a book not fully written yet. (Working on Scandinavia, getting the backstory parts ironed out got me working on a CE game set in the region..)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”