Just viewed the advanced copy of Chaos Earth Resurrection

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Just viewed the advanced copy of Chaos Earth Resurrection

Unread post by Premier »

Hey guys & gals,
Just viewed an advanced copy of the book and I think you'll really enjoy this one. Taylor White and Kevin really set up a nice survival horror setting in Rifts. It is not your typical zombie outbreak scenario though it has zombies in it, they are certainly different than any zombie type I have seen or read about before. Doing the art for some of these horrific nasties is one thing, but reading the full blown write ups and stats brings these nightmares to life. And its not just zombies that you are contending with. As a Game Master I could envision tons of campaigns to throw at players, let alone how I could import so much into modern day Rifts. I know the book ships tomorrow so be sure to place your grab bag orders if this was one of the titles you were sandbagging for and be prepared to get out of some very tight spots as you enjoy some entertaining gaming experiences.

Cheers
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: Just viewed the advanced copy of Chaos Earth Resurrectio

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Glad to get an early review. I'm curious about "different kinds of zombie", so it should be good.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Alrik Vas wrote:Glad to get an early review. I'm curious about "different kinds of zombie", so it should be good.

Think you will truly enjoy this array of zombies and the various dynamics they bring to the the table. They will certainly have players devising some very intriguing strategies, this I can assure you.

I posted a few sneak peaks

http://chuckwalton.deviantart.com/art/A ... -575797168
http://chuckwalton.deviantart.com/art/R ... -575798383
http://chuckwalton.deviantart.com/art/R ... -575801824
http://chuckwalton.deviantart.com/art/R ... -575806721
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

I'm okay with all of these pictures. Being line artist myself, I can really appreciate the style.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

:eek: OMG :eek:
The Dragon Has Spoken
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Alrik Vas wrote:I'm okay with all of these pictures. Being line artist myself, I can really appreciate the style.

Thank You and glad to hear. CE will ensure that there is an array of zombies to contend with and pre-plan for, and even then, the chaos will have the final say.
I can't wait to read about the assault strategies and survival tactics by players who have figured the best way to survive in this setting.
BTW, I'm intrigued with your work as well.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Snake Eyes wrote::eek: OMG :eek:

Hope you enjoy :wink:
Alrik Vas
Knight

Premier wrote:BTW, I'm intrigued with your work as well.

If that was directed at me...I hope Deviant Art isn't the measure I'm being taken for...hahah...*sigh*

Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Premier wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote::eek: OMG :eek:

Hope you enjoy :wink:

:lol: Yes you scared me out of two of my 9 lives.........

Can't get it till next month, but oh man i am so getting this book for when i start up my CE game some time after january.
The Dragon Has Spoken
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Alrik Vas wrote:
Premier wrote:BTW, I'm intrigued with your work as well.

If that was directed at me...I hope Deviant Art isn't the measure I'm being taken for...hahah...*sigh*

I can not find your Art galley. Link please.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
rosco60559
Explorer

Unread post by rosco60559 »

So what makes these zombies so different? Are they magical mdc causing zombies? Nema mission book 1 and the first responders book have been "in development" for 10+ years. Why grab this book for a survival type mood/setting when that's what chaos earth all ready is over all? A big question for higher ups ends up being why fast track this book over the other 2, oh wait to cash in over the zombie craze thanks to the walking dead... Never mind.
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

Just looked through my copy. Nice crazy terrifying concept. I love the lingering nature of the event after its over. Also and I know I'm reaching here, but the reason the chaos zombie threat lingers is a nice explanation of why we don't see more NEMA relics in the rifts age.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”