Sources for the US Military in Rifts/Chaos Earth

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

tgunner91
Explorer

Sources for the US Military in Rifts/Chaos Earth

Unread post by tgunner91 »

Hey,

I'm getting ready to expand my Chaos Earth campaign to new locations and I want to bring in new organizations too. One organization I want to include is the US Military. I know that many Rifts products touch on the USAFs but they're scattered all over the place. So you could you help me cataloge some of them? Feel free to add to this thread sources from Rifts that cover US forces, equipment, and characters.

I have a couple to begin with.

Rifter:

The N.O.R.A.D. Duology Part One – The Fall of N.O.R.A.D. - - 43, R#47
Covers the USAF by giving some O.C.Cs and equipment. The article starts with information on N.O.R.A.D. and the adventure, but it includes several pieces of equipment (including a MD version of the P90), mecha, and O.C.C.s

The Army of the Scorched Earth - - 61, R#35
Despite the title this Rifter article actually covers the USMC. The article itself covers a group/band of bandits that is built around a squad of Marine mechanized troopers in Semper Fi armor. It also gives you the O.C.C. for marine powered armor troops and gives you stats, repeated from another world book. It's a lot more limited than the N.O.R.A.D. article above.

So what else is there? Are there any other sources that give equipment, mecha, and O.C.C.s that one could use in a Chaos Earth campaign for the US Military?

Thanks!
cawest
Wanderer

Re: Sources for the US Military in Rifts/Chaos Earth

Unread post by cawest »

tgunner91 wrote:Hey,

I'm getting ready to expand my Chaos Earth campaign to new locations and I want to bring in new organizations too. One organization I want to include is the US Military. I know that many Rifts products touch on the USAFs but they're scattered all over the place. So you could you help me cataloge some of them? Feel free to add to this thread sources from Rifts that cover US forces, equipment, and characters.

I have a couple to begin with.

Rifter:

The N.O.R.A.D. Duology Part One – The Fall of N.O.R.A.D. - - 43, R#47
Covers the USAF by giving some O.C.Cs and equipment. The article starts with information on N.O.R.A.D. and the adventure, but it includes several pieces of equipment (including a MD version of the P90), mecha, and O.C.C.s

The Army of the Scorched Earth - - 61, R#35
Despite the title this Rifter article actually covers the USMC. The article itself covers a group/band of bandits that is built around a squad of Marine mechanized troopers in Semper Fi armor. It also gives you the O.C.C. for marine powered armor troops and gives you stats, repeated from another world book. It's a lot more limited than the N.O.R.A.D. article above.

So what else is there? Are there any other sources that give equipment, mecha, and O.C.C.s that one could use in a Chaos Earth campaign for the US Military?

Thanks!

Check out Rifts Under seas world book 7. it has some ships and weapons
Brayon
Explorer

Unread post by Brayon »

WB7: the New Navy is the US Navy.
Sourcebook 1 - Revised: The Republicans. Nema branch that survives in Washington D.C. area.
Mutants in Orbit - All theoretically Pre-Cat tech
"No, actually, as there's that really big special rule that overrides any other rules. You know, the one where if something looks stupid or limiting or otherwise hinders game play or fun the GM is free to change or discard the rule." - Nightmask
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Brayon wrote:WB7: the New Navy is the US Navy.
Sourcebook 1 - Revised: The Republicans. Nema branch that survives in Washington D.C. area.
Mutants in Orbit - All theoretically Pre-Cat tech

You can probably add:
-Rifts Spirit West and the Native American SAMAS variant (pre-Rifts)
-Rifts New West and the Black Market SAMAS variants (pre-Rifts)
-Rifts Mercenaries Iron Heart Designs are Pre-Rifts, and may be representative of US Military hardware
-Rifts Merc Ops also has late 20th Century designs for ground and air power from GAW (IINM some leads into the late 21st Century) that might still be in service in some form
-Rifts Coalition Navy, might also have some restored US military hardware beyond just the F-14 for the US Navy (which in the real world retired it in the early 21st Century)
-the Glitterboy is a US Military design, not just a NEMA per RMB & RUE
-Rifts CWC also has the SAMAS (pre-Rifts US Military)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

note that the SB1 stuff on the republicans won't offer much for hardware.. all the weapons, armor, PA, etc in that section of the book are all stuff from relatively recent times (~PA 100+) obtained by hacking ARCHIE-3's factories.

prior to that they probably used a mix of surviving NEMA gear (chaos earth books) or stuff obtained from north american manufacturers during the dark ages (Northern gun, wilks, etc.), with the early dark ages being NEMA gear and maybe gear captured from other north american military units.

but the Faction certainly is around during the early dark ages and the section of SB1 that details their organization, operations ,and history will help GM's figure out what they were doing during the cataclysm and early dark ages as chronicled in Chaos earth.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”