NEMA Regions, Facilities, and Headquarters

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

NEMA Regions, Facilities, and Headquarters

Unread post by Jason Richards »

So, this is a long-standing project. I was feeling very much in the flow of Chaos Earth stuff today, especially with Taylor's book coming out and First Responders hopefully right behind it.

I've talked before, I think, about my plan for detailing some background in how NEMA was organized, and where major HQ were located. I'll probably put together a full blog post later in the week, but for now, I present the following notated map (updated 9/18/15):

Link on G+
Link on Facebook

I'm happy to chat about it in the meantime, here or on G+ or on Facebook. Discussion will help me to direct what to discuss in the blog post, actually.

Chaos Earth rules. WOOOO!!!
Last edited by Jason Richards on Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The problem with world is all the people.

Re: NEMA Regions, Facilities, and Headquarters

Unread post by Tags »

I would think most major cities would have a NEMA presence. Or at least in the state capitols, though would be a prob in areas like Pa east of the application mountains. Personally I don't see Pilly as a great choice...
Last edited by Tags on Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

NEMA Regional headquarters... Pretty much where FEMA has them. I'd agree. In the material I've been working on I placed NEMA in Seattle and Kansas City based on FEMA.

Facilities wise do you think each or a lot of National Guard locations would have stored NEMA stuff too, outposts of gear...
Dan Frederick
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

I use the timely response method, though not geographically accurate.

Base of 20 Chromium guardsmen and 20 silver eagles. A heavy unit well be supported by 100 ground units within 30 minutes away(within 25 miles) and a larger full power armor, robot and soldier unit within one hours distance(100 miles).

Now granted larger states will have three to five Nema posts, but it works.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

I had an idea to place a NEMA outpost in Pittsburgh, I don't see Philly coming out of the opening moments of the cataclysm very well, and few if any NEMA survivors.
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I like the moving camp thing for Nema, the army's circle one another gathering and dropping off refugees to Chicago. The only thing given a number was the super mastiff robot. I assumed was as needed or desired, the fireman are really awesome.
Jason Richards

The locations are indeed taken from FEMA for the US, and RCMP for Canada. Mexico is tougher because they don't have a great basis. NEMA would definitely be adapted from existing framework.

These are just regional HQ. Naturally there are more bases and stations.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Jason Richards

Tags wrote:I had an idea to place a NEMA outpost in Pittsburgh, I don't see Philly coming out of the opening moments of the cataclysm very well, and few if any NEMA survivors.

You're bit not wrong (sorry, typo). Many, many NEMA HQ would be doomed. But, we shouldn't avoid that eventuality.
Last edited by Jason Richards on Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Jason Richards wrote:
Tags wrote:I had an idea to place a NEMA outpost in Pittsburgh, I don't see Philly coming out of the opening moments of the cataclysm very well, and few if any NEMA survivors.

You're bit wrong. Many, many NEMA HQ would be doomed. But, we shouldn't avoid that eventuality.

I like the idea of NEMA base in Pittsburgh, we have all kinds of other bases so I think we've earned it.

And given its location I think Philly would be hit hard by the tidal wave, though I can't recall how far inland it went.
Last edited by Tags on Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

H. P. Lovecraft
Jason Richards

Tags wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:

You're bit wrong. Many, many NEMA HQ would be doomed. But, we shouldn't avoid that eventuality.

Right or wrong, I like the idea of NEMA base in Pittsburgh, we have all kinds of other bases so I think we've earned it.

And given its location I think Philly would be hit hard by the tidal wave, though I can't recall how far inland it went.

Sorry, the "bit" was an autocorrect error. You're definitely not wrong.

Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Jason Richards wrote:
Tags wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:

Right or wrong, I like the idea of NEMA base in Pittsburgh, we have all kinds of other bases so I think we've earned it.

Ahh the evil auto correct. ;>

My last Chaos Earth campaign was set in Pittsburgh, for what we got to play it was a good campaign, though the GM lost focus. Chaos Earth was awesome, wish the campaign had carried on longer.

Recently been thinking it would be better to introduce my players to Chaos Earth first then move onto Rifts.
No base in Alaska? Poor Alaska... Guess they need an incentive program to draw NEMA out there.

H. P. Lovecraft
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Tags wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:
Tags wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:

Ahh the evil auto correct. ;>

My last Chaos Earth campaign was set in Pittsburgh, for what we got to play it was a good campaign, though the GM lost focus. Chaos Earth was awesome, wish the campaign had carried on longer.

Recently been thinking it would be better to introduce my players to Chaos Earth first then move onto Rifts.
No base in Alaska? Poor Alaska... Guess they need an incentive program to draw NEMA out there.

I'm putting a NEMA Chromium guardsmen manufacturing plant at Ft. Wayneright near Fairbanks. No NEMA has no presence because AK wouldn't allow them to lease land for a base. My book is Rifts though in CE as well as during the GA there'd probably be small gas response units on one or several bases. JBER would probably have Silver Eagles and Guardsmen but the bases near Fairbanks would probably have a unit of SEs on Eilson and a unit of CG pilots who are there to test operations of new equipment before they are shipped out, who could in an emergency use the manufactured units. I have BAAAAAD things happening there during CE and varying into Rifts.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

We have a small island in the Ohio river, today it supports a small power plant generally used for peak times... I could NEMA acquiring the island and constructing a moderate outpost there, silver eagles would be ideal, perhaps a few chromium guards man and some large robot vehicles.

And I'm thinking at point state park, where all three rivers merge, a regular rift would form.
Not sure if there would be any manufacturing plants though, perhaps a few producing silver eagles, and some of the robots.

I would think due to it's location the base could survive fairly well. Figure the base would be built down into the island and bed rock.

H. P. Lovecraft
Jason Richards

Updated the links in the OP to pick up some of your comments. Further thoughts?

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I only got a few chaos earth gm games under my belt, but I try to use a back up arrival time as the measure of distance.

At 250mph Silver Eagle could cover that distance in an hour.

A chromium guardsmen at 50mph, you get the point.

This formula stretches the flying units over a larger area than ground Power Armor units, but hey nothing I'd perfect.

Example.

I am a commando, mix it up with some sniper style on chaos mage, A Glitterboy is a mile away from max range engage distance, a Silver Eagle is thirty seconds out.

So worst case, I spray n pray n hide for two melees(this can seem like forever!)
SAMAS makes its entrance with a burst of Railgun rounds, still alive!
Using long range fire, shoot then run and hide.
Chromium Guardsman arrives, Boom, Boom...it's still wiggling, Boom!

Silver Eagle goes back to staging position, Guardsman maintains position, sniper/sneak gets back to work.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Those zones seem awfully large for one base to handle.

H. P. Lovecraft
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Rhode Island could be covered by two silver eagles and five chromium guardsmen.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

say652 wrote:Rhode Island could be covered by two silver eagles and five chromium guardsmen.

Would take more cover Pa.

Given the locations, I'd say that NEMA on the east coast would cease to exist. In which case, where do the republicans come from...

I really need to sit down and finish my Chaos Earth article.

H. P. Lovecraft
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Tags wrote:Those zones seem awfully large for one base to handle.

Don't forget those zones probably represent the pre chaos earth appocolypse Nema Zones.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Tags wrote:
say652 wrote:Rhode Island could be covered by two silver eagles and five chromium guardsmen.

Would take more cover Pa.

Given the locations, I'd say that NEMA on the east coast would cease to exist. In which case, where do the republicans come from...

I really need to sit down and finish my Chaos Earth article.

I'm assuming say means on patrol. NOT only.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Tags wrote:Those zones seem awfully large for one base to handle.

Don't forget those zones probably represent the pre chaos earth appocolypse Nema Zones.

They probably do, though one base for all that territory... He'll in the 501st one base has trouble covering all of Pa. With the vast territories each base is expected to cover, I just don't see how they could it. The logistics of covering all that would a nightmare of paper work.

Assumptions tend to hurt, I'm married so I know. :mrgreen:

H. P. Lovecraft

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”