info on chaos earth militray please

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cawest
Wanderer

info on chaos earth militray please

Unread post by cawest »

So I picked up the first two books. okay you got me but one of the missions is to go after rouge military. but we don't have any info on what they might be packing or who they might be.. is there a plan to fill this intel gap?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: info on chaos earth militray please

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

US Navy and US Marine Gear can be found in worldbook7:Undersea's (part of them survived and became the New Navy)
US army is not addressed specifically, but the 'old style' CS gear is based on US army specs* so the C-10, the C-18, the CR-1, the CA-1 and CA-2 armors could easily be used with just cosmetic adjustments. for heavier gear, the Ironheart armaments tanks are based on golden age plans, so the Ironhammer, ironbolt, and Ironmaiden, and ironFist vehicles could easily be used as well. (it is likely that the army has it's own USA-G10 Glitterboy's as well)

the airforce is pretty mcuh the only branch we don't have enough info on to guess properly.. their ground operations (like the forward observers) would likely have army or marine gear, depending on which force they are attached to. airforce vehicles are somewhat unknown. they were testing variant SAMAS's at Edwards AFB, so the "USA SAMAS" from WB15: spirit west could apply, though i suspect that a SAMAS would not do too well as a fighter (it's really more of a marine or army fighting style, being similar to a helicopter in role) the Grey Falcon Jet might be air force, but whether it was US airforce, or meant for the canadians is unknown. (Canada, the US ,and mexico retained their seperate military's)

*there are those that maintain the similarity of NEMA gear means it should be based on NEMA not army gear, but the fluff was not changed, so it is more liekly that NEMA gear is just special variants of the Army stuff.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

cawest wrote:So I picked up the first two books. okay you got me but one of the missions is to go after rouge military. but we don't have any info on what they might be packing or who they might be.. is there a plan to fill this intel gap?

Yes - Jason Richards has a manuscript titled "Brothers in Arms" that will help cover the military. Not sure what the status is of it.

Until then we are stuck as pretty much GB2098 suggested. I might only add the vehicles from Mercenaries would likely be nuclear powered.
cawest
Wanderer

Unread post by cawest »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:
cawest wrote:So I picked up the first two books. okay you got me but one of the missions is to go after rouge military. but we don't have any info on what they might be packing or who they might be.. is there a plan to fill this intel gap?

Yes - Jason Richards has a manuscript titled "Brothers in Arms" that will help cover the military. Not sure what the status is of it.

Until then we are stuck as pretty much GB2098 suggested. I might only add the vehicles from Mercenaries would likely be nuclear powered.

thanks... I a ways thought that the Ironheart armaments tanks were under powered.. more like upgraded M1s or 2020's tech not 2098.
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:

Not a manuscript yet, just a planned sourcebook. When First Responders sees print (and there is a little bit of military info in there in the form of the Reservist OCC and some gear), I'll get back to work on other projects. Psychic Storm first (the most pressing need), then Brothers in Arms.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

cawest wrote:
Dustin Fireblade wrote:

thanks... I a ways thought that the Ironheart armaments tanks were under powered.. more like upgraded M1s or 2020's tech not 2098.

they have greater power than a glitterboy even before the missiles are factored in. they just use cheaper technology to acheive it.

and given they are nuclear, and have good MDC armor and munitions.. they'd have to have been developed after MDC tech. meaning more like the 2070's, making them contemporary with the glitterboy and the rest.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Mike502
Newb

Unread post by Mike502 »

There is a page that has a lot of fan created pre rifts military weapons, armor, vehicles for various countries. Kitsune's Palladium web page. Some of it can be pretty powerful so may need to tone some of it down to match the power level of Chaos Earth NEMA gear. I use a lot of that stuff for inspiration in my games.
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

ok other books that can help in hardware area books south America any mercenary that has GAW in it too books too
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Jason Richards wrote:
Dustin Fireblade wrote:

Not a manuscript yet, just a planned sourcebook. When First Responders sees print (and there is a little bit of military info in there in the form of the Reservist OCC and some gear), I'll get back to work on other projects. Psychic Storm first (the most pressing need), then Brothers in Arms.

Are you going to explore non-North American agencies? Ive always wanted to see more of the British Techno-Psi weapons/equipment like the Caliber-X in Rifts World Book 3 England.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Jason Richards

This book will be just North America. There was a Rifter article about Chaos Earth in England many years ago, though, including Caliber X.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

yeah, unfortunately that also means it is not canon. Better than nothing considering the lack of canon material on the subject, but Id like to see something official.
Updated Aug 2015
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
Jason Richards

Kagashi wrote:yeah, unfortunately that also means it is not canon. Better than nothing considering the lack of canon material on the subject, but Id like to see something official.

There's a lot of ground to cover in North America. Stretching beyond that would really thin out the content, unfortunately.

Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

glitterboy2098 wrote:US Navy and US Marine Gear can be found in worldbook7:Undersea's (part of them survived and became the New Navy)
US army is not addressed specifically, but the 'old style' CS gear is based on US army specs* so the C-10, the C-18, the CR-1, the CA-1 and CA-2 armors could easily be used with just cosmetic adjustments. for heavier gear, the Ironheart armaments tanks are based on golden age plans, so the Ironhammer, ironbolt, and Ironmaiden, and ironFist vehicles could easily be used as well. (it is likely that the army has it's own USA-G10 Glitterboy's as well)

the airforce is pretty mcuh the only branch we don't have enough info on to guess properly.. their ground operations (like the forward observers) would likely have army or marine gear, depending on which force they are attached to. airforce vehicles are somewhat unknown. they were testing variant SAMAS's at Edwards AFB, so the "USA SAMAS" from WB15: spirit west could apply, though i suspect that a SAMAS would not do too well as a fighter (it's really more of a marine or army fighting style, being similar to a helicopter in role) the Grey Falcon Jet might be air force, but whether it was US airforce, or meant for the canadians is unknown. (Canada, the US ,and mexico retained their seperate military's)

*there are those that maintain the similarity of NEMA gear means it should be based on NEMA not army gear, but the fluff was not changed, so it is more liekly that NEMA gear is just special variants of the Army stuff.

Flipping through the Black Market Sourcebook, the entry of Diablo Joe is interesting. He is a cyborg with some unique powers that most cyborgs simply dont have. He was found in stasis at Area 51 (Groom Lake AFB). Although he remembers nothing of his past, to me, the fact he was found with the other USAF experimental SAMAS designs, he is a DoD project, not an NEMA project. That might help add some source material to your campaign.
Updated Aug 2015

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”