Chaos Earth: Resurrection

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Re: Chaos Earth: Resurrection

Unread post by SittingBull »

I have through 42 but when I am able to resume getting them, I think I will only get the ones with material pertaining to heroes unlimited.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Fell wrote:Bought it last night at Drive ThrouRPG also....

Only "flipped" through it, art is nice. Look forward to reading it.

Looks like a good book!

Question: Does it have Hyperlinks and an Electronic Table of Contents?
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:as long as it isn't porting over dead reigns awful headshot rules..

lol no it keeps the same old awful headshot rules we're all used to.

Head shots are all fun and games until you come across a zombie with 4 heads.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

kaid wrote:
RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:as long as it isn't porting over dead reigns awful headshot rules..

Even nastier if that 4 headed zombie is blasting Rob Zombie through concert speakers built into it body and wielding a Boom Gun :? :eek:
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Holy cow I just got this book in my x-mas grab bag and I think it might be one of their best books. Everything I've heard about the zombies in this book sounded stupid, but after skimming it and putting it all in context I couldn't love it more. I'm sure the book has faults that I'll find once I delve it but THIS is without a doubt an amazing addition to Chaos Earth. I can't wait to explore it in detail and begin planning games that use it.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
pcdorney
D-Bee

Unread post by pcdorney »

In a past weekly update it was mentioned that Chaos Earth Resurrection would be usable with Heroes Unlimited. Does anyone know if this means that there will be material in Chaos Earth Resurrection that deals with it being used with Heroes Unlimited or that it is just usable like most of Palladium's products are generally usable with each other?
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

The book offers S.D.C. stats for its "zombie" creations, so it can be transplanted into an S.D.C. setting pretty easily. At its core the book is an epic campaign, and because of its scope it could be transplanted into any other setting due to the details behind what has arrived in Chaos Earth that is causing the undead issue. To put it into Heroes Unlimited would be a great fit because of the epic nature of having heroes dealing with this world-ending threat.

SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

Already running that game. ;)
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Premier wrote:
kaid wrote:
RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:

Even nastier if that 4 headed zombie is blasting Rob Zombie through concert speakers built into it body and wielding a Boom Gun :? :eek:

I pictured more vanilla ice more scary that way
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

kaid wrote:
Premier wrote:
kaid wrote:
RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:

I pictured more vanilla ice more scary that way

Heck, if you hear "Ice Ice Baby, too cold too cold,"banging through the concert speakers coming from a dark alleyway, and You cant see anything in the dark, but you know its getting closer, and you can tell that even the Gargoyles roosted above in the abandoned buildings are watching like opportunistic crows waited for the first power armors to flee and take flight, heck yeah Vanilla could be very scary.
Last edited by Premier on Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Dying to invading evil and being recycled as its minion?
Par for the course.
Doing so with the last sound you ever hear being Vanilla Ice?
That's just a special sort of Evil.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

Got it at Drivethru, went through it, but it just wasn't my thing.
Just didn't click with me I guess, couldn't get into it I may be tired of zombies now.
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

eliakon wrote:Dying to invading evil and being recycled as its minion?
Par for the course.
Doing so with the last sound you ever hear being Vanilla Ice?
That's just a special sort of Evil.

You know its bad when you see a dead mob starting to form and you hear STOP! COLLABORATE AND LISTEN!
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

One thing I really like about how they handled the cause of the zombies is that it adds a fun on going menace to haunt legacy glitterboy pilots for GMS who want to have some fun with this.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

kaid wrote:One thing I really like about how they handled the cause of the zombies is that it adds a fun on going menace to haunt legacy glitterboy pilots for GMS who want to have some fun with this.

I'm torn on the whole "infection of technology" thing. On one hand, I get it and I can see how it adds to the drama of the setting even long after the monolith has been dealt with. But on the other hand I don't see how every piece of infected technology doesn't scream at every "modern-day" Dog Boy or Psi-Stalker whenever they are in range. But then again I think about the Coalition's stance on "pre-rifts artifacts," including Glitter Boys, and suddenly I can put that into a whole new perspective.

I think for my purposes I would have the infected technology only hold the capacity for other transmissions for 100-200 years, ot 1D4 bursts, whichever occurs first. Mostly because I just can't wrap my head around this issue in "modern day" Rifts. It's too much of a retcon for me.

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Puts a new spin on players finding an unearthed cache of NEMA tech though which could be fun. Ways of having fun with this kind of stuff in modern era settings. Glitter boys though are likely one of the major sources for this kind of stuff they were heavily used by NEMA and are some of the few things durable enough to have survived with repairs since the beginning of the rifts.

And with all the crazy stuff running around rifts earth a few scattered small scale outbreaks here and there likely wind up just being hand waved way as just another crazy day on rifts earth and never really correlated to anything more sinister.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Glistam wrote:
kaid wrote:One thing I really like about how they handled the cause of the zombies is that it adds a fun on going menace to haunt legacy glitterboy pilots for GMS who want to have some fun with this.

I'm torn on the whole "infection of technology" thing. On one hand, I get it and I can see how it adds to the drama of the setting even long after the monolith has been dealt with. But on the other hand I don't see how every piece of infected technology doesn't scream at every "modern-day" Dog Boy or Psi-Stalker whenever they are in range. But then again I think about the Coalition's stance on "pre-rifts artifacts," including Glitter Boys, and suddenly I can put that into a whole new perspective.

I think for my purposes I would have the infected technology only hold the capacity for other transmissions for 100-200 years, ot 1D4 bursts, whichever occurs first. Mostly because I just can't wrap my head around this issue in "modern day" Rifts. It's too much of a retcon for me.

Really with all the crazy stuff going on with rifts earth few minor outbreaks of this even if they happen every year would largely be unnoticable in the background level of insanity. The secondary transmission range infection is not very large and the population density on rifts earth is a tiny fraction of what it was even directly post rifts. Most of whats going to spring up would be chaos zombies and those are not that much different than the normal run of the mill zombie that laymen would be able to tell the difference. Even if you get one that raises as a stitcher or collector they are going to operate largely in concealment for a long time as most times when this happens its going to be out in the boonies. Not many bodies to collect and maybe minimal scrap to salvage into the higher end combat scrap zombies.

The direct post rift event is the ideal ground for a zombie invasion of this source. Large amounts of utterly devestated cities/towns to scavenge from combined with millions of freshly dead bodies. In the modern time line of rifts baring one of these units causing secondary infections in a large city freshy destroyed by something its not going to be spawning major amounts of zombies.
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

Not big on the infected technology either but the whole thing takes place in such a small area, that it is pretty meaningless in Rifts unless the GM wants to toss it in for a added change of pace.
It does say in the book that nobody hears of it after the incident it is lost in time with of the many plagues of demons to come so it's not like it's forced on you for Rifts.
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
cawest
Wanderer

Unread post by cawest »

just finished reading this book... the Art work was top shelf. I also liked the different levels of threat so that no mater what level or number of players you can have a good fight. the one item I was looking for and was not there was more Earth tech weapons. it would have been nice to have more than the generic SDC weapons or civilian tech with some fluffing. a fully military APC (not NEMA) would have been great as focal point golden nugget.

on the whole it is well worth buying in hard copy.
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

I don't plan to purchase this book. I am *still* waiting for the other two Chaos Earth books that've been on pre-order for the last few YEARS. That a book focusing on zombies beats the long-standing pre-orders for release is extremely irritating.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”