Pre-CE Timeline

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Pre-CE Timeline

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Has anyone created or found a timeline for the events leading up to December 22. 2098?

The main date I am looking to find is the creation of NEMA. Has that ever been stated?
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Pre-CE Timeline

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

According to page 9 of the Chaos Earth main book, NEMA was created in 2035, but the precise date is not given.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:According to page 9 of the Chaos Earth main book, NEMA was created in 2035, but the precise date is not given.

Thanks for this. I have looked over this page several times and never saw the date. I am really trying to nail down the rise of NEMA, how that effected to US military, and then how the US military came back with the new cold war. We know the US military comes back at least a little because you have to explain the New Navy and its super submersible carrier.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

The way I planned it, was a golden age Ninja's and Super Spies campaign. But the first part of it, was that durring the collapse of America, a heavy sequestration kicked in, causing funding to be cut across the board, so the NSA, FBI, and ATF, and Home Land Security were folded into a single agency. This Single Agency was trying to survive on what was essentially a shoe string budget. At that moment, Mexico was in the throes of Civil War with the Drug Cartels, The Presiden of the USA was in hiding, because of wide spread riots. A group of Terrorists released a bioplagues that targeted our food supply. It was when, the Prime Minister of Canada, brought in the leaders of Mexico and USA under talks to get stuff ordered out.
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

We only have 20 years left to make this happen folks. We already missed the boat on planning Dark Day.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Warshield73 wrote:
Tinker Dragoon wrote:According to page 9 of the Chaos Earth main book, NEMA was created in 2035, but the precise date is not given.

Thanks for this. I have looked over this page several times and never saw the date. I am really trying to nail down the rise of NEMA, how that effected to US military, and then how the US military came back with the new cold war. We know the US military comes back at least a little because you have to explain the New Navy and its super submersible carrier.

the military never left.

to repost what i wrote in the area 51 thread..

Chaos Earth, pg9: the North American Alliance is the political entity that formed and opened up the border and so on.
but lets look at what it is?
open nation borders
economic parity efforts
sharing of ideas
open trade and standardized laws
common currency

right there, that sounds a lot like the European union. albeit a bit more extensive in the laws area. (which given the governments are still soverign, means that it's going to be more a case of allowing precedents from one nation to apply in the others.)

notice that it doesn't say the invidual government are gone. so the USa is still the USA, mexico is still mexico. just like how Germany still exists as a soverign nation under the EU.

nor does it say they merged militaries. as allies they'd certainly work a bit closer, but canadian military forces are still canadian, and a canadian officer could not command a US force, or vice versa. at best they'd do like the EU/NATO is doing and work out a "this group should train with this other group often" set up, like the Battlegroup's

what else did it create? the Northern Eagle military alliance. (also pg9, 2nd column)
"an elite police paramilitary agency with jurisdiction in all three allied nations" "NEMA had its own army and agents" "NEMA incorporated an equal number of agents from each of the allied nations and functioned like a sort of trinational FBI, CIA, and NSA rolled into one"

so the USA and the US military (army, Airforce, navy, and Marines) still existed. NEMA was it's own thing, a sort of super intelligence agency with it's own military force. the armed forces of NEMA are equivilent to the FBi's Hostage rescue team, and the CIA's Special Activities Division rolled into one. with a mandate for Homeland Defense. (anti-terror, protecting infrastrucutre, identifying threats, etc.)

it's all right there in the book, and later books back this up. they didn't absorb the army, navy, or the rest. the national militaries didn't even merge. all that happened was when the three nations agreed to become close allies, they created a new intelligence agency, albeit one that had more (legal) teeth to it than any before.

edit: the closest well known example to what NEMA is described as is SHIELD from the marvel films.. an american intelligence agency, an ational defense and security mandate, with international reach, it's own private high tech army, and a lot of secrecy in its operations.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”