Pimp my Simvan!

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Pimp my Simvan!

Unread post by Grell »

What are your thoughts on good mounts for a hostile group of Simvan about 100 strong? At first I thought to myself how kick ass it would be for them to ride Velociraptors, but I also think it might be more awesome for them to be a mixed force. I like the idea of outriders and scouts on Velociraptors with "armored" units forming a core of Spiny Ravagers.

Any other thoughts on mount composition for this rowdy band of rampaging man-eaters? I want an encounter with them to be a scary proposition for the characters, but not an outright overwhelming one. For the purposes of the planned adventure, the characters will have a distinct terrain advantage and should be able to engage the Simvan (should it come to violence) in much smaller groups than the whole so a variety of mounts with a range of capability would keep them on their toes!

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Icefalcon
Champion

Re: Pimp my Simvan!

Unread post by Icefalcon »

Armored Rhino Buffaloes would be fearsome heavy cavalry units.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

I can't say I disagree with you. Perhaps one or two for the whole tribe since the things eat so much or maybe use them as a mated pair for trading purposes when not out ransacking and pillaging.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

Grell wrote:I can't say I disagree with you. Perhaps one or two for the whole tribe since the things eat so much or maybe use them as a mated pair for trading purposes when not out ransacking and pillaging.

I was thinking of a pair because of how much they would eat and also because more than two would be a bit much for one tribe to handle.

On further thought, I can up with: Triceratops (which can ram down barricades), Iron-Hoof (kind of like horses), Teepowka (from Spirit West), Psi-Ponies (New West), and then more normal things like horses and elephants.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

I had definitely considered elephants or some kind of mutant mammoths. Good call on the Triceratops and I'll definitely look more into the Teepowka as well. I think I'll also need to dig into my RMB and look over the Fury Beetle againl.

dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

T-Rex is all I'm going to say.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

"Is this on the tour?"

That's all I'm gonna say. :P

Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

I used a Tyranosaur once that had some kind of icky parasite living in it that slowly rips open the stomach over a few weeks and hardens the intestines, filling them with muscle tissue controlled by the parasite. essencially a T-rex with tenticles growing out of it's torn open stomach that is in a lot of angry pain and dosn't have reach issues in the mid range.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

Excellent idea. I tend to avoid much tentacle play during combats I run, but how does it work out for you?

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”