NEMA organization

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Re: NEMA organization

Unread post by Grell »

I think a key point to remember is that NEMA was charged with the defense of the North American continent. With that in mind, they would probably have a larger size combat force, but not too large as mega damage weapons are still so new and cutting edge that even a fire team of NEMA Peacekeepers would be more than a match for a traditional force 10 times their size. Seems that numbers more akin to a special forces command per region, per continent would make the most sense.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

This isn't canon yet, as I have yet to include this information in a book, but the 10 US regional HQ I have planned for NEMA are: Seattle, Oakland, Denver, Denton (TX), Kansas City, Chicago, Atlanta, Philly, New York, and Boston, obviously with a DC headquarters as well. Each of those covers a number of states. There's a map herethat covers it. Obviously most of those are in big trouble.

I have notes for the Canadian and Mexican hubs, but don't have those notebooks with me in Saudi. The Mexican ones are based around military commands, I think, and the Canadian ones were... I don't totally recall. It might have been based on major RCMP headquarters locations.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

The other question is "What happned to the U.S. Military?", if the U.S. Military is still around then technically the most senior officer of the Army assumes command of all the U.S. Forces and steps into the office of the President in case of total loss of gov't (as happened). Using that as a basis though says, to me, that NEMA would follow the same path as far as chain of command goes, with overall command going to the most senior officer. The exception I make is that the NEMA forces are NOT in the line of succession for the U.S. gov't, that being held strictly by the U.S. Military branches.
As far as where NEMA forces were based, Jason Richards' line up looks about right; if NEMA is centered around certain major metropolitan areas then they can more effectively aid those cities and the areas immediately surrounding them (it also makes them more vulnerable whem the poo hits the fan :lol: ).
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

Jason Richards wrote:This isn't canon yet, as I have yet to include this information in a book, but the 10 US regional HQ I have planned for NEMA are: Seattle, Oakland, Denver, Denton (TX), Kansas City, Chicago, Atlanta, Philly, New York, and Boston, obviously with a DC headquarters as well. Each of those covers a number of states. There's a map herethat covers it. Obviously most of those are in big trouble.

I have notes for the Canadian and Mexican hubs, but don't have those notebooks with me in Saudi. The Mexican ones are based around military commands, I think, and the Canadian ones were... I don't totally recall. It might have been based on major RCMP headquarters locations.

The 10 regions have been used in various goverment organizations for years. Here is one I found not to long ago online.
http://youtu.be/MwQ55n21GZ0
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Lt Gargoyle wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:This isn't canon yet, as I have yet to include this information in a book, but the 10 US regional HQ I have planned for NEMA are: Seattle, Oakland, Denver, Denton (TX), Kansas City, Chicago, Atlanta, Philly, New York, and Boston, obviously with a DC headquarters as well. Each of those covers a number of states. There's a map herethat covers it. Obviously most of those are in big trouble.

The 10 regions have been used in various goverment organizations for years. Here is one I found not to long ago online.
http://youtu.be/MwQ55n21GZ0

Yes, they're the FEMA HQ. I thought I mentioned that. My bad.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

Very nice map.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
smkeyes
Wanderer

Unread post by smkeyes »

From write ups in the books so far and the entries in the rifts sourcebook one revised & expanded. It sounds like two brigades are stationed in each state. A brigade being roughly around 4000 men.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

One thing about NEMA that I think needs to be kept in mind by anyone using it or writing about it in the days, months, and years before the Rifts is that it is multi-national. That means that no NEMA unit can so much as wipe it's @$$ without permission in triplicate from Ottawa, D.C., and Mexico City. In every campaign I have done since NEMA was introduced I give this as the reason for the resurgence of the US military in the new cold war.

I also think this would prohibit NEMA from getting involved in the Guada Marta incident as Mexico would not want a big incursion so close to it's border or Canada may not want to spend its money or risk its people for something so far away.

Also, for anybody mixing regular military and NEMA keep in mind that they probably do not like and may not even trust each other that much. I mean the competition between regular military (MC vs. Army vs. AF vs. Navy vs. CG) is bad enough but could you imagine how they feel about an organization that all but replaced them for decades? Or how NEMA feels about a growing military that is getting more and more of it's funding as the new cold war grows. At the very least you are talking lots of tension.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Grell wrote:I think a key point to remember is that NEMA was charged with the defense of the North American continent. With that in mind, they would probably have a larger size combat force, but not too large as mega damage weapons are still so new and cutting edge that even a fire team of NEMA Peacekeepers would be more than a match for a traditional force 10 times their size. Seems that numbers more akin to a special forces command per region, per continent would make the most sense.

If it is so new so cutting edge then there wouldn't have been SOME highways already done.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Warshield73 wrote:One thing about NEMA that I think needs to be kept in mind by anyone using it or writing about it in the days, months, and years before the Rifts is that it is multi-national. That means that no NEMA unit can so much as wipe it's @$$ without permission in triplicate from Ottawa, D.C., and Mexico City. In every campaign I have done since NEMA was introduced I give this as the reason for the resurgence of the US military in the new cold war.

I also think this would prohibit NEMA from getting involved in the Guada Marta incident as Mexico would not want a big incursion so close to it's border or Canada may not want to spend its money or risk its people for something so far away.

Also, for anybody mixing regular military and NEMA keep in mind that they probably do not like and may not even trust each other that much. I mean the competition between regular military (MC vs. Army vs. AF vs. Navy vs. CG) is bad enough but could you imagine how they feel about an organization that all but replaced them for decades? Or how NEMA feels about a growing military that is getting more and more of it's funding as the new cold war grows. At the very least you are talking lots of tension.

CG is not military. It used to be DOT during times of peace so they could be used stateside and able to be called upon by DOD but now they are DHS. It is more likely that NEMA U.S. has subsumed the AOR and budgets of the DHS (including CG), FEMA and maybe the CDC and been given the responsibility and budgets of NORAD.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Locked due to thread necromancy.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”