BtS > CE > Rifts

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: BtS > CE > Rifts

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

and one of those two came to rifts via the 'slow method'.. he lived through the golden age, the coming of the rifts, etc.

so the similarities pretty much have to be one for one. even if Victor Lazlo came from another BTS, it would have been exactly the same as the one in the history of Rifts. so much so the question of whether they are seperate universes is only going to be of interest to physicists.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Eashamahel wrote:What reason would there be for BTS to not be the past of Rifts? I don't mean what page number, ect, but why would you WANT BTS to not be RIFTS earth's past? What advantage is there for it to be that way? I'm confused as to what is gained by this seperation.
The main advantage is that Lazlo could go home some day, and you could move from Rifts to BtS without requiring backwards time-travel.

Easiest solution: there are 2 identical worlds of BtS. One is the past of Rifts, and happened a while ago. The other is not the past of our Rifts (though might be the past of some other eventual Rifts) and it's 20th century is aligned with Rifts' 25th (or whatever, I forget the Rifts timeline sometimes) century.

This isn't a problem with a single solution. Both TTMNT and England told us enough about the metaphysics of the Megaverse to know that all options can exist simultaneously.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

I have some of things to say regarding this topic

1. Let's just say for the sake of argument that BTS IS or IS NOT (your choice) the past of Chaos Earth and Rifts. By having the material included or excluded (your choice) from your Chaos Earth and/or Rifts game does it hurt anything? I mean seriously, what PROBLEM is caused by it Being or Not Being the past?

Personally I don't see any harm in it being part of the timeline. It (imho) expands story line possibilities and (as discussed in another thread Non-weapon and Armor items for Chaos Earth) adds in a near infinite (limited only by your imagination) amount of artifacts for your PC's to track down. I can see CS and NonCS groups after the same item although with different goals.

2. I personally CHOOSE to line up all the Human-centric games in a sort of loose slightly overlapping timeline. I understand this idea isn't perfect and it has some fairly obvious holes, but it make some sort of weird sense to me.

PF ----- The lost years (Valley of the Pharaohs maybe?)---- BTS(early 20th century to present age) - N&SS+MC (post WW II to present day) --- HU (WW II to ????) ---- Chaos Earth (folllow book timeline) ---- Rifts (follow book timeline).

If I've left out a game, it's because I don't know enough about it to include it here or think it should be a separate timeline/dimension.

TMNT-->AtB is a separate dimension.

Dead Reign would be an alternate dimension where DR took the place of HU [Same goes for System Failure and Nightbane.] (what would follow in that sequence I don't know.)

Splicers I don't know enough about.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

HU2 is definately a seperate universe from the BTS/CE/RIFTS one..

not only is there nothing to indicate superheroes existed prior to the cataclysm, but megaverse builder specifically singled it out for a seperate universe. described a having a slower flow of time relative to rifts, and tolkien tried to recruit heroes to fight against the CS.

N&SS/MC could fit into either.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

glitterboy2098 wrote:HU2 is definately a seperate universe from the BTS/CE/RIFTS one..

not only is there nothing to indicate superheroes existed prior to the cataclysm, but megaverse builder specifically singled it out for a seperate universe. described a having a slower flow of time relative to rifts, and tolkien tried to recruit heroes to fight against the CS.

N&SS/MC could fit into either.

I'd have to agree, we see some surviving (albeit altered) versions of some of the special MA from the N&SS/MC setting and Mystic China was done around the extremely low powered BtS format in design and much of it as being 'these things are hidden from the world' rather than the very open and much more powerful HU setting.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Like i said, it's not a perfect flawless idea. just the thought that all the human type games would fit together.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Eashamahel
Hero

Unread post by Eashamahel »

So the official line is that BTS =/= RIFTS earth's past, but RIFTS earth's past DOES include a Victor Lazlo, a Lazlo society, there were demons and monsters in the shadows, and parapsychologists and psychics were aware of them and the supernatural world at large.

So even if BTS =/= RIFTS earth's past, RIFTS earth's past is functionally identical to BTS?
Nightmask
Palladin

Eashamahel wrote:So the official line is that BTS =/= RIFTS earth's past, but RIFTS earth's past DOES include a Victor Lazlo, a Lazlo society, there were demons and monsters in the shadows, and parapsychologists and psychics were aware of them and the supernatural world at large.

So even if BTS =/= RIFTS earth's past, RIFTS earth's past is functionally identical to BTS?

Which being so you can't say BtS isn't the past of Rifts Earth because if you can't tell them apart then you can't claim that they are because there's no way to prove it. All evidence says that they're the same so without something to the contrary (like the discovery of the SDF-1 in BtS but proof it never existed in the past of Rifts Earth) then we must consider that it is.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Nightmask wrote:
Eashamahel wrote:So the official line is that BTS =/= RIFTS earth's past, but RIFTS earth's past DOES include a Victor Lazlo, a Lazlo society, there were demons and monsters in the shadows, and parapsychologists and psychics were aware of them and the supernatural world at large.

Which being so you can't say BtS isn't the past of Rifts Earth because if you can't tell them apart then you can't claim that they are because there's no way to prove it. All evidence says that they're the same so without something to the contrary (like the discovery of the SDF-1 in BtS but proof it never existed in the past of Rifts Earth) then we must consider that it is.

No, we don't have to concur that it is, we just have to agree that we can't say that it ISN'T (these are not the same) As for differences, there may (or may not be) differences depending on how you decide to interpret stuff. (heck WHICH BtS are you using 1st ed. or 2nd ed.? They are different after all) And there are possible differences (there is no canonical support for the various Chaing-Ku dragons, or the Immortal psi-race, or rune weapons, or True Atlanians in any canonical BtS material)
The main reason we can assume that BtS =/= CE =/= Rifts is the decision to separate all lines for licensing (this means that the Rifts line/license does not include the CE or BtS licenses)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Eashamahel
Hero

So really the argument is not that BTS wasn't orignaly supposed to be the past of the original RIFTS earth, but that due to a few changes such as the new edition of BTS, the coming of the Ultimate edition in RIFTS, and the authors decision to seperate the game lines, it is no longer supposed to be directly connected, which is why older material (pre-UE/2nd ed) clearly states that BTS=RIFTS, but newer releases dispute this (without coming up wiht any explanation for the earlier storyline connections).
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Meh I combine BtS, HU, NS and N&SS. If things like these games can exist in conjunction with each other in comic lines then they can exist in conjunction with each other as an RPG setting....They lead to CE and then to Rifts. That is my preference thus I use it that way.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Eashamahel wrote:So really the argument is not that BTS wasn't orignaly supposed to be the past of the original RIFTS earth, but that due to a few changes such as the new edition of BTS, the coming of the Ultimate edition in RIFTS, and the authors decision to seperate the game lines, it is no longer supposed to be directly connected, which is why older material (pre-UE/2nd ed) clearly states that BTS=RIFTS, but newer releases dispute this (without coming up wiht any explanation for the earlier storyline connections).

its not that simple. originally, BTS was a seperate universe. then Victor Lazlo was added to rifts, and BTS said to be specifically rifts past. then kevin put out a rifter article which redefined "timey-wimy" in regards to timelines.. it said that unrelated universes merged to make rifts, so BTS both is an isn't rifts past. then he backslid to it being the history of rifts. then back to being another timeline. then with triax2 it's back to being the history of rifts again.

BTS2 actually seems to back up the idea of BTS as rift's history.. the firewalkers are obviously early bursters, and the hunter's and psi-techs seem to have been done to evoke the later techno-wizardry. the whole "psychics responding to danger/supernatural has ties to the way psistalkers and other rifts classes work as well.
and the dragon dude who shows up in WB4 to meet Victor Lazlo (having taken 'the slow route' through time) appears in BTS2 complete with hints as to his not being human.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Eashamahel
Hero

huh, that's neat about Lo Fung (I think that was the dragon character) being in BTS 2. Too bad there's no mention of the Mercenaries characters from BTS, but that would probably be hoping for too much.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

How is this not locked by the first page? Who knows? But it's unlocked non-the-less.

Take what I have to say, or leave it, I really do not care; but since Palladium is *notorious* for allowing contradictions (which I find very odd since Kevin always oversees each book personally...he should be the continuity), I subscribe to the most recent official printing of a topic since we end up getting two very specific, official points that clearly contradict each other.

So as of today, BTS is the past of Rifts Earth. That is until official word is printed to contradict again. That is my opinion. Nothing more. Hope it helps in your quest to determine if BTS is CE/Rifts' past in your games.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

I think the seperation of all the dimentions in the palladium portfolio to ease lisenceing, was due to palladiums shaky grasp of intellectual property law. At least in 1997. The blurb in skraypers has been superceded by more recent material, material written after Palladium did do some liscensing material. So yes BtS is once again Rifts past. Just like how in the old marvel movies, Spiderman doesn't exist in the same universe as the X-men, at least in the movies, but exists in the same universe in comic. The reason is simple, it doesn't matter how the cannon is set up internally, when you write the contract, you have to do every thing item by item any way, so for a rifts liscnesed any thing every spell, every item any thing that is trademarked copy righted or marked as such has to be individually mentioned any way, when liscensing it.
so what does that tell us. That Kevin thought that was stupid, and decided to go with his initial idea written for WB4. But hey its not like he is the first nor last fellow to make these mistakes.
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Nightmask
Palladin

Warmaster40k wrote:I think the seperation of all the dimentions in the palladium portfolio to ease lisenceing, was due to palladiums shaky grasp of intellectual property law. At least in 1997. The blurb in skraypers has been superceded by more recent material, material written after Palladium did do some liscensing material. So yes BtS is once again Rifts past. Just like how in the old marvel movies, Spiderman doesn't exist in the same universe as the X-men, at least in the movies, but exists in the same universe in comic. The reason is simple, it doesn't matter how the cannon is set up internally, when you write the contract, you have to do every thing item by item any way, so for a rifts liscnesed any thing every spell, every item any thing that is trademarked copy righted or marked as such has to be individually mentioned any way, when liscensing it.
so what does that tell us. That Kevin thought that was stupid, and decided to go with his initial idea written for WB4. But hey its not like he is the first nor last fellow to make these mistakes.

That must be why the original Marvel Super Heroes RPG actually had nearly a page of fine print listing practically every hero and villain (and I think even locations like Latveria and other Marvel creations) Marvel had at the time with the little TM or Copyright symbol attached.

Thom001
Explorer

Unread post by Thom001 »

I have a different question. Is it official or canon or whatever that chaos earth is rifts past?
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Chaos Earth is indeed Rifts Earth past.
Updated Aug 2015
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
Thom001
Explorer

Unread post by Thom001 »

Alright then. Thanks.
Acid0philus
D-Bee

Unread post by Acid0philus »

It states implicitly in Rifts that any rift, fade, or ley line storm can transport a person or group of persons through time and space to any point in time, anywhere, such as Phaseworld, Palladium (The Fantasy setting), Wormwood, etc... It may not say those worlds specifically, but, that is the nature of the megaverse. Inexplicable things happen.
There was no Chaos Earth category, so I got stuck with a Chromium Guardsman, er, Glitterboy... <.<
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

That makes me wonder... perhaps the reason TW is around for thousands of years in PW yet was invented on Rifts Earth is because Phase World is set in the future...
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Tor wrote:That makes me wonder... perhaps the reason TW is around for thousands of years in PW yet was invented on Rifts Earth is because Phase World is set in the future...

TW?
Updated Aug 2015
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

I remember encountering some ideas that BtS and N&SS (and Mystic China) could be the past of either HU or Nightbane, and that HU or Nightbane could be the past of Chaos Earth. BtS/N&SS have mysticism but it's all hidden and stuff, there's tech but not an overwhelming amount, there's chi and chi magic but it's also kind of hidden. No open super-heroics like HU, no mass takeovers like NB.

Although NB's dark day could certainly happen to an HU world, with heroes generally going underground like they do in Skraypers due to overwhelming numbers making direct overt conflict a problem. I bet Nightlords could actually put a spin on superheroes as being mutant menaces (think anti-X-men stuff) all the while keeping it under wraps that they are even more dangerous and even less human.
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

As for using Heroes Unlimited, well some of it can be used to represent the past of rifts earth, specifically some of the super soldier programs, robotics and mutant animals; so no mutant/super powers foor the golden age of mankind. I usually put the golden age of mankind in the years 2020-2088. Ninjas and Superspies is 1970's to 2050. Military grade cybernetics won't make an appearance till about mid 2020's. But yeah BtS is the past.
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

And more importantly, why are are we arguing about this crap? It is what you want it to be. If you don't want it to be the past of Rifts, then, for you , it isn't.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

We weren't, for 4 months :)
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

^this
Updated Aug 2015
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

i'd like to just throw this little thought into the whole Victor L. time traveler plot. Its possible there are a million Victor L. in the Multi-verse. So one in Rifts earth does not have to be from BTS game to be Victor L. just a thought.

And if you want a certain book or world to be the past have fun with it. its your game.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by RiftJunkie »

Here's another thought: What if it's BtS > CE > Rifts > Splicers???
Heroes of Humanity is due to come out. Since the Coalition Always wins, is it possible that they eventually defeat the Rifts like the Seljuk's (Phase World) did? Wiping out all the magic and only humanity survives. Many, many generations later, the humans create the Machine and then come the Splicers. This alternate reality could actually explain some of the alien DNA that is used for the Splicers. Also, explains why there is no magic, psionics or Rift activity in the setting. Just some odd food for thought. :twisted:
My apologies up front if my posts come across as argumentative or crass. It is not a personal attack on anyone, just my blunt style. I bear no ill will towards anybody that plays Palladium Games (there’s not enough of us to hold a grudge).
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Magic amd psionics are severely hampered in splicers, not likely it is in the continuity of Rifts.
Updated Aug 2015
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

RiftJunkie wrote:Here's another thought: What if it's BtS > CE > Rifts > Splicers???
Heroes of Humanity is due to come out. Since the Coalition Always wins, is it possible that they eventually defeat the Rifts like the Seljuk's (Phase World) did? Wiping out all the magic and only humanity survives. Many, many generations later, the humans create the Machine and then come the Splicers. This alternate reality could actually explain some of the alien DNA that is used for the Splicers. Also, explains why there is no magic, psionics or Rift activity in the setting. Just some odd food for thought. :twisted:

While that could be an amusing twist for a game......
It would sort of require a MASSIVE redo of the entire Splicers set up.....Especially since isn't this supposed to be a colony world anyway?
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by RiftJunkie »

The Seljuk wiped out Rifts and ANY future possibility of using magic and their world was as bad or worse than Rifts Earth.

The Splicer world doesn't know if it's Earth or a colony world as part of one it's potential plot twists.
My apologies up front if my posts come across as argumentative or crass. It is not a personal attack on anyone, just my blunt style. I bear no ill will towards anybody that plays Palladium Games (there’s not enough of us to hold a grudge).
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

My view is, yes, BtS is the past of CE/Rifts, buuut, alternate earths with parallel pasts exist, like the one the Megaversal legion is from. So you can go back and forth between BtS and Rifts, because you're hitting an alt BtS.

That said, there's only one 'Coming of the Rifts'/Great Cataclysm, since it's a multiversal event, so the only way to bop between CE and Rifts is time travel.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Perhaps ARCHIE is the father of the various machine girls who torment Splicers?
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Q99 wrote:My view is, yes, BtS is the past of CE/Rifts, buuut, alternate earths with parallel pasts exist, like the one the Megaversal legion is from. So you can go back and forth between BtS and Rifts, because you're hitting an alt BtS.

That said, there's only one 'Coming of the Rifts'/Great Cataclysm, since it's a multiversal event, so the only way to bop between CE and Rifts is time travel.

Welllllllllll
Except for that whole thing in Rifts Japan about a portal to a parallel Rifts earth.......

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

eliakon wrote:Welllllllllll
Except for that whole thing in Rifts Japan about a portal to a parallel Rifts earth.......

Where in Japan is that? On page 18 it talks about a portal to a seemingly uninhabited "Earth-like" world but I have not seen anything about a parallel Earth.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Heroes Unlimited, Robotech, TMNT, After the Bomb, System Failure, Ninjas and Super Spies, Dead Reign, Night Bane are all alternate Earths. That said why has no one written an article on the Lazlo Agency circa 2098 CE.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Lo Fung could have been sucked through a rift at the time of the cataclysm, getting sent to Rifts, and though the chance is small, he could have been unaware of it.

That isn't really the text, but it's an explanation. Rifts/Chaos Earth could be the future of BtS also in that way it is the future Lazlo created accidentally by time travel.

Would be amusing.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:I have some of things to say regarding this topic

1. Let's just say for the sake of argument that BTS IS or IS NOT (your choice) the past of Chaos Earth and Rifts. By having the material included or excluded (your choice) from your Chaos Earth and/or Rifts game does it hurt anything? I mean seriously, what PROBLEM is caused by it Being or Not Being the past?

Personally I don't see any harm in it being part of the timeline. It (imho) expands story line possibilities and (as discussed in another thread Non-weapon and Armor items for Chaos Earth) adds in a near infinite (limited only by your imagination) amount of artifacts for your PC's to track down. I can see CS and NonCS groups after the same item although with different goals.

2. I personally CHOOSE to line up all the Human-centric games in a sort of loose slightly overlapping timeline. I understand this idea isn't perfect and it has some fairly obvious holes, but it make some sort of weird sense to me.

PF ----- The lost years (Valley of the Pharaohs maybe?)---- BTS(early 20th century to present age) - N&SS+MC (post WW II to present day) --- HU (WW II to ????) ---- Chaos Earth (folllow book timeline) ---- Rifts (follow book timeline).

If I've left out a game, it's because I don't know enough about it to include it here or think it should be a separate timeline/dimension.

TMNT-->AtB is a separate dimension.

Dead Reign would be an alternate dimension where DR took the place of HU [Same goes for System Failure and Nightbane.] (what would follow in that sequence I don't know.)

Splicers I don't know enough about.

Yup, yup, yup, nope

AtB was original NOT a different dimension and the original book even had a comic where the master of some mutants was an OLD Raphael. It still isn't except that the TMNT license isn't present so it just isn't mentioned and has been scrubbed from the record.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

I have no doubt that there is a Lo Fung and a Victor Lazlo in BtS. Likewise, the chances of a Lo Fung and a Victor Lazlo in Rifts/CE have a great chance as to having existing there too. And the relationship between the two groups could be so similar that if the BtS Lo Fung and the Rifts Victor Lazlo were to meet, they may initially think they know each other.

Just like how we know how a version of Clint Eastwood existed in Rifts past (New West, i think). Heck, we know for sure a version of the Sundance Kid existed in Rifts Earth past since the character literally shows up in New West. But that does not mean they are the same exact characters as our Earth's real Clint Eastwood and Sundance Kid.
Updated Aug 2015
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Alrik Vas wrote:Lo Fung could have been sucked through a rift at the time of the cataclysm, getting sent to Rifts, and though the chance is small, he could have been unaware of it.

That isn't really the text, but it's an explanation. Rifts/Chaos Earth could be the future of BtS also in that way it is the future Lazlo created accidentally by time travel.

Would be amusing.

Victor Lazlo's disappearance on the Indian mound would have very little effect on the outcome that produced Chaos Earth. If Victor hadn't traveled he would have still, for the most part been considered a nut and discredited by his peers. At the most he may have published some books that MAY have helped the U.S. deal with the supernatural. Travel to the future just put him in a time and place where his ideas matter and grants him the ultimate reward for anyone dealing in abstracts... justification.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”