"The First Cyber Knights":creating ideas for a new campaign

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

tmikesecrist3
Dungeon Crawler

Re: "The First Cyber Knights":creating ideas for a new campaign

Unread post by tmikesecrist3 »

some thoughts about and Early Psi Sword... What if it was some one whom may have been a latent psi and fingers out how to charge a weapon like a sword kind of like the spell that temporally makes a sword a md weapon. its posable that a proto-cyber knight might be a SCA hobbyist.
"Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Stormed at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred."
The charge of the light Brigade, By Alfred, Lord Tennyson
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

We know, Coake and a Dragon worked together at some point to develope the Cyber-Knight abilities.
We do not know the dragon type though. I'd assume Chiang-Ku or one of the Japan Dragon types with Martial Art knowledges to tweak CHI into ISP.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

How about they lord coake from maybe demons and already have the cyber armor installed, and while he is healing they get caught in a massive snow storm.....plenty of time in a closed area to learn and teach. Maybe an old green house or high school. Alot of leyline storms could make them gain their psi powers and provide enemies for some tests of their new skills.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

When I was working on my An Adventure on Every Page thread, I wrote an adventure hook that placed the cyber knight monastery in an old prison near the Canadian border. It's an actual place just outside of Shelby, MT. I selected it because it seemed like a good place to fall back to when an apocalypse hits and the idea that a penitentiary is a place to do penance, to seek redemption. I like the idea that maybe Lord Coake is trying to atone for something and that perhaps many of the first cyber knights weren't always white knights.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Coake said it nearly took 60 years before we saw the first cyber-knight as we know them now to appear.

We can assume :

Phase One = Learning useful Skills for this world.
Phase Two = Learning to unlock the Psi-sword ability for Anyone. All cyber-knights will later have this ability as part of training.
Phase Three = Developement of the Cyber-Knight Cyber-Armor and Anti-Technology abilities. The TW process to merge CK cyber-armor to become living part of them, and to focus training on the high tech opponets they face in day to day encounters.

Each of these phases could be 20 years of experimentation on their part.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

who knows maybe a player's cyber-knight was the first cyber-knight seen by Coake, imagine standing infront of the legendary Coake but now you are teacher and he is the student.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
TechnoGothic
Knight

We have done that Mech...
Its Awesome for Players to Teach the founder the Way of the Cyber-knight.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

TechnoGothic wrote:We have done that Mech...
Its Awesome for Players to Teach the founder the Way of the Cyber-knight.

well my work here is done then :D
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

This would actually be best set 100 to 150 years after the great cataclysm. In essence you'd be making a whole new rifts setting detailing the 'dark ages'.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

Bill wrote:When I was working on my An Adventure on Every Page thread, I wrote an adventure hook that placed the cyber knight monastery in an old prison near the Canadian border. It's an actual place just outside of Shelby, MT. I selected it because it seemed like a good place to fall back to when an apocalypse hits and the idea that a penitentiary is a place to do penance, to seek redemption. I like the idea that maybe Lord Coake is trying to atone for something and that perhaps many of the first cyber knights weren't always white knights.

A better choice would be the old prison in Deerlodge just for that down home monestary/castle look.
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

TechnoGothic wrote:We know, Coake and a Dragon worked together at some point to develope the Cyber-Knight abilities.
We do not know the dragon type though. I'd assume Chiang-Ku or one of the Japan Dragon types with Martial Art knowledges to tweak CHI into ISP.

It was a Chiang-Ku named Azure sky who stayed for 40 years helping create the psi sword with some chi and ppe focus.
A technowizard appeared around that time and helped introduced the ability to fuse metal to skin.
The knights appear sometime around 18 PA but they should have been created some time sooner.
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
RockJock
Knight

Re: "The First Cyber Knights":creating ideas for a new campa

Unread post by RockJock »

What about a character class or mix of pieces that becomes the inspiration of the CK? For example, a British SF type character in the states for training with a US unit (NEMA, Green Beret, SEALs, whatever) with one of the sword guns that the Rifts England Arthur wields? Perhaps a SF solider with cyber armor and prototype plasma swords? Another is an early mage of some kind with light blade. Several of these, especially working together could easily be the inspiraton for the Cyber Knights during the Dark Ages.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”