Ideas to get my party into space.

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

andyskyhawk
D-Bee
Comment: Courage is not the absence of fear. It is being scared sh**less but saddling up anyway.

Ideas to get my party into space.

Unread post by andyskyhawk »

So, I've been running a small Rifts game for my wife, brother, and his fiancé (none of whom are very experienced gamers but have taken to Rifts very well). With a few random friends showing up to round out the party. The core group is a human crazy soldier from the golden age, a line walker themed as a native American shaman from the pre European colonists era America, and a human vagabond who keeps and trains monsters as pets to fight for him from another dimension. The game has taken place between southern Ohio to dinosaur swamp. They've mostly been working out of a magical keep owned and occupied by survivors of the tolkeen war and trying to find the monster trainer's missing brother. What id like to do is get them some kind of space ship and get into some deep space mischief.
In a nutshell I'm looking for ideas/story hooks to get them from campfires and dinosaurs to space travel and aliens.
gaby
Knight

Re: Ideas to get my party into space.

Unread post by gaby »

They get Rifted to a planet in the 3 Galaxies,where they save a Ship Captain,so they join his /her crew.

That How I see it.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

If you want to stay in the Milkyway Galaxy then the Aliens Unlimited and the AU:Galaxy Guide would be the core texts you'd look at. Even though they are HU books.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Mechghost
Explorer

Unread post by Mechghost »

Maybe have them go to Mars via a portal and after some exploring find a small spacecraft. Mutants in Orbit has details for Mars.
"Did you find him?"
"Just the parts they didn't like..."
andyskyhawk
D-Bee
Comment: Courage is not the absence of fear. It is being scared sh**less but saddling up anyway.

Unread post by andyskyhawk »

I really like the idea of rescuing a ship captain since none of them have any idea of how to operate space craft. That also gives some sweet options for the captain NPC and a couple unsavory scalywags aboard his vessel. Now I need to pick up 3 galaxies.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”