Board index » Across the Megaverse® » Gamers Looking for Other Gamers

Post subject: Are you in California?
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:09 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

If you are looking for a gaming group, I can't help ya. However, please visit the Megaversal Ambassador board and check out the threads about DundraCon and OrcCon which are the big NorCal and SoCal gaming conventions happening over President's Day in February.

There will be Palladium gaming at both events!! And Beginners are welcome so bring your friends who may have never tried a Palladium game before!

And nothing breeds success like success. The more people see Palladium games happening at local cons, the more other GMs will dust off their books and run PB games. So come help empower a great trend in California!

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:04 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: 'tis an ill wind that blows no minds, Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar-Jung to Freud
425 Geek Points "There is NO separation between God, & Man" Joseph Campbell
Hey Spinachcat! You're right on! Keep it up!

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:51 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful
I been are for 6 months still find game group as well

Megaversal Ambassador®

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:03 am

Champion

Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.
Well I would be happy to find a local hobby shop near me in the SF bay area, so i can at least begin looking for players.

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:00 pm

Knight

Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt
Lt Gargoyle wrote:
Well I would be happy to find a local hobby shop near me in the SF bay area, so i can at least begin looking for players.

Black Diamond Games - in Concord Ca. (where I go)
End Games - in Oakland is good

I know there is one in Berkeley and SF too

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:41 pm

Champion

Tiree wrote:
Lt Gargoyle wrote:

Black Diamond Games - in Concord Ca. (where I go)
End Games - in Oakland is good

I know there is one in Berkeley and SF too

Thank you Tiree, is there a good gaming community in this area?

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:34 pm

Knight

Not really for Palladium...

But I have seen a strong group of people playing the Dark Heresy game and Rogue Trader. D&D and Pathfinder seem to be quite popular.

But I haven't been in a group in about 3 to 4 years. Periodically I'll get some old gamer friends to play a small run of something. But mostly I game online.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:50 pm

Republican

Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.
A-1 comics in Sacramento is friendly to the palladium crowd!

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:45 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: 'tis an ill wind that blows no minds, Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar-Jung to Freud
Look up General Xy; we have a Nightbane, & Rifts games going on in SF, Upper Sunset district. I'd also need to know when & where you guys would like to play. We usually play Saturdays & sundays; one of those days not both. PM Me! Eudaemonia in Berkeley has good space, but sometimes Magic takes precedence. The gaming store in Berkeley is Games of Berkeley; Not as much gaming space, & the atmosphere is well, dungeon like, & a bit smelly..... :bandit: ltr!

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:47 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Tiree wrote:

But I have seen a strong group of people playing the Dark Heresy game and Rogue Trader. D&D and Pathfinder seem to be quite popular.

But I haven't been in a group in about 3 to 4 years. Periodically I'll get some old gamer friends to play a small run of something. But mostly I game online.

Hey Tiree, when ru coming to Berkeley? I know it's not your fav place, but we're playing Mage the
Ascension. Come see us! at 6:00 PM Eudeamonia. Haven't seen you in 3-4 years, lol!

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:28 am

Knight

Not for a while I am afraid. My life is still so hectic - I doubt that I can be part of a standard gaming group, or get out in the evening for a while.

Heck - I did go to DundraCon last year, as I do every year. Usually only stick around for a partial day and usually on Saturday.

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:54 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

Tiree wrote:
Not for a while I am afraid. My life is still so hectic - I doubt that I can be part of a standard gaming group, or get out in the evening for a while.

Heck - I did go to DundraCon last year, as I do every year. Usually only stick around for a partial day and usually on Saturday.

That ring of eternal love & devotion, thingie, Right? & a 5 or 6 year old son! Gotcha! Just keep in touch so we can inculcate him!

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:48 pm

Champion

Grandil wrote:
Tiree wrote:

That ring of eternal love & devotion, thingie, Right? & a 5 or 6 year old son! Gotcha! Just keep in touch so we can inculcate him!

you have to admire those who honor their vows and the Sacred ring of eternal love and devotion. Espcially a father being a good dad.

I am still learning the area and the bus and ferry system here. so i am not sure where most places are yet. I am also hoping to find a wargaming club as well as role players in my area, and Tiree as given me some great leads. Thanks for that.

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:52 am

Adventurer

Tiree wrote:

Tiree I am hurt, you forgot about us so quickly. I guess that we didn't leave that much of an impression. I hope the family is doing well.

Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:30 pm

Knight

SpiritInterface wrote:
Tiree wrote:

Tiree I am hurt, you forgot about us so quickly. I guess that we didn't leave that much of an impression. I hope the family is doing well.

Oh - I haven't forgotten you guys. In fact I do mention you guys to folks who want to play. But PB doesn't have a strong presence in the SF Bay Area.

It's small close nit groups, or if it's bigger groups, it's one of those: We play it as a secret pleasure.

I love Rifts and Robotech - but Palladium and RPG in general is going away. in 20 years I doubt it will be the same game we play today. You can look at Dundracon, Kublacon, and Conquest - see how many Rifts or even Palladium games that are played.

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Tiree wrote:
SpiritInterface wrote:
Tiree wrote:

Oh - I haven't forgotten you guys. In fact I do mention you guys to folks who want to play. But PB doesn't have a strong presence in the SF Bay Area.

It's small close nit groups, or if it's bigger groups, it's one of those: We play it as a secret pleasure.

I love Rifts and Robotech - but Palladium and RPG in general is going away. in 20 years I doubt it will be the same game we play today. You can look at Dundracon, Kublacon, and Conquest - see how many Rifts or even Palladium games that are played.
Tiree, & Spirit Interface; Can u guys come to DDC? Unfortunately there's no game, but my friend, Ruttica, me, my wife, & maybe another friend are going to play in open gaming.
Stop on by, 'k?

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:43 am

Adventurer

Tiree wrote:
SpiritInterface wrote:
Tiree wrote:

It's small close knit groups, or if it's bigger groups, it's one of those: We play it as a secret pleasure.

True. Thanks for keeping us in mind, we are still looking for 1-3 more people who want to play in the Palladium Megaverse.

Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:14 am

Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!
I know of many NoCal Palladium folks- there are lots of games to be had...

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:22 pm

Knight

zyanitevp wrote:

Really where?

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:58 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

Tiree wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:

Really where?

I've been playing in a Nightbane & a rifts campaign for about a year, Tiree, most of the time we're full, sometimes we're not; In SF, but you don't travel well Tiree. I only see you occasionally at Cons. Dude, ya gotta get outta Concord area! I don't mean to be a biotch, but ya gotta strike when ya can, & I will be the biotch to prove ya wrong! I gotta seat waiting just for you at my game in Eudeamonia, Berkeley. Just get over yerself, homey! Eudeamonia is not the hotbed of liberalism that berkeley is-We play with fake guns for gods sake! I'll send ya my #, & again, strike
when the iron is hot! yours in playfulness, The Grandil :bandit:

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:56 pm

Champion

Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.
I'm now located near Modesto/Stockton....but it looks like no one is less then an hour away.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:12 pm

Knight

Yeah, I am about an hour away. Depending on how you drive and which way could be longer. I always thought Modesto was pretty much an armpit of California, then I found Fresno.

But there are some good con's coming up soon. Kublacon and Conquest SF

Unread postPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Huh.

The ConquestCon is easily the most doable for myself, my wife, my brothers, and friends.

Though a 2 hour drive isn't too awful either.

Grell wrote:

The Roseville A-1 just reorganized their store floor and now I can't seem to find too many Palladium products. Previously they carried 6-8 books. The last two times I visited, with a few weeks of space in between, I couldn't find one Palladium title.

Enigma - To the Sound of Rain.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:47 pm

D-Bee

I used to play rifts with my brothers, but since we all graduated and moved away I haven't had a group to play with.
I'm from ventura county. My interest in the game has not waned. I would meet up somewhere if there was a group. I think its the roots in science fiction that drew me to it.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:13 pm

Dungeon Crawler

There doesn't seem to be much of a presence at all in the Redding area...I have a VERY small group that I'm playing with now, but it would be nice to find some more experienced players.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:26 pm

Knight

I know Redding is fairly big town - but yeah, not much I have seen on the boards.

You should come down to the Bay Area and Sac for the con's and see if there are more gamers in your area.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Tiree wrote:
I know Redding is fairly big town - but yeah, not much I have seen on the boards.

You should come down to the Bay Area and Sac for the con's and see if there are more gamers in your area.

Yeah...might have to do that one of these times.

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:16 am

D-Bee

Spinachcat wrote:
If you are looking for a gaming group, I can't help ya.

Anyone in the Los Angeles area? Been gearing up for some Robotech and would love to have a hand at Rifts, as well.

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:01 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!
h3athrow wrote:
Spinachcat wrote:
If you are looking for a gaming group, I can't help ya.

Anyone in the Los Angeles area? Been gearing up for some Robotech and would love to have a hand at Rifts, as well.

I am in Pasadena...but I am full up right now!

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:15 am

Republican

Joseph Kerr wrote:
Huh.

The ConquestCon is easily the most doable for myself, my wife, my brothers, and friends.

Though a 2 hour drive isn't too awful either.

Grell wrote:

The Roseville A-1 just reorganized their store floor and now I can't seem to find too many Palladium products. Previously they carried 6-8 books. The last two times I visited, with a few weeks of space in between, I couldn't find one Palladium title.

Sorry for the late reply!

A-1 Roseville is not what I'd consider a friendly port, but A-1 Sacramento has been SOLID and if it's not too bad a commute I'd recommend the visit! Shoot me a PM if you are interested in networking with some fellow Palladium fans in the Sacramento area. :)

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:13 pm

Monk

the 15 & the 60

ButI've only played online for the last decade.

Mostly I write out exactly what I mean, then sometimes get even more finicky.

My Artwork

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Wanderer

Tiree wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:

Really where?

um yah where!!!!

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:45 pm

Wanderer

I have moved out to Richmond ca so maybe I can find a group up this way

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:02 am

Adventurer

I belong to a group (currently a very small group) in the Concord Area that is looking for players.

Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:41 am

Wanderer

sent PM

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:05 pm

Republican

DemonBunnyMan wrote:
Tiree wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:

Really where?

um yah where!!!!

My group and I are in Sacramento.

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:39 pm

Wanderer

lil far for me but maybe sometime

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Republican

No worries man, my table is full for the most part. Just know that there are friendlies in Sac if you need the network! :D

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:03 pm

Wanderer

I just want to play instead of run...

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:11 pm

Republican

There are two other palladium games in progress outside of my own. One PFRPG and one RIFTS.

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:17 pm

Wanderer

at this point either, though I have never played or ran PFRPG

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:09 am

Champion

Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.
Anybody near Modesto or Stockton?

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:44 am

Republican

jedi078 wrote:

Near-ish Stockton.

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Champion

Grell wrote:
jedi078 wrote:

Near-ish Stockton.

I'm kinda in between Modesto and Stockton.

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:51 am

D-Bee

Comment: Father of five kids; husband to one wife; and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next...
I am in Redlands, CA, not far from Riverside, Corono, San Bernardino, etc. I am looking for a good Palladium Fantasy game. Impossible to find...

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:16 pm

Explorer

I am working on getting a group together here in North San Diego County. I have a couple of interested people that have not played RIFTS before but really seem to like the setting.

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Susan Ivonnova and Zathras, Babylon 5 'War Without End'

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:28 pm

Explorer

Devjannz wrote:
I am working on getting a group together here in North San Diego County. I have a couple of interested people that have not played RIFTS before but really seem to like the setting.

I'm interested, I live southern riverside county and work in San Diego. And have experience with RIFTS.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:54 pm

Explorer

burgler81 wrote:
Devjannz wrote:

I'm interested, I live southern riverside county and work in San Diego. And have experience with RIFTS.

We actually got together back in 2007 at Denny's in Escondido to discuss the possibility of a game but I think life got in the way for us both.

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Susan Ivonnova and Zathras, Babylon 5 'War Without End'

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:06 pm

Explorer

Devjannz wrote:
burgler81 wrote:
Devjannz wrote:

We actually got together back in 2007 at Denny's in Escondido to discuss the possibility of a game but I think life got in the way for us both.

I thought I recognized your screen name, well I'm available on weekends.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:13 pm

Champion

Anybody in Manteca, Tracy, or Livermore?

I currently work in Livermore and will be moving to Manteca in October.