Board index » Across the Megaverse® » Gamers Looking for Other Gamers

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:59 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: Life is like a potato; sometimes it's brown, but sometimes it's green.
Hello! I am running a Rifts campaign on Roll20 / Discord. We meet every other Friday evening at 7:00 PM (Eastern) and play until ~10:30-11:00 PM. It's a young campaign; we've only had two sessions so far.
Unfortunately, I'm having a difficult time finding reliable players for the Friday night slot. I'm looking for 1-2 players to join this online campaign!

A few details about the campaign:
    Players are currently in Arzno
    Players are level 1
    Party so far consists of a Spirit Warrior, an Operator, a True Atlantean, and a Ninja 'Borg.
You don't need to have a whole lot of experience with Rifts to join this campaign, nor do you need the books (though they help).

If you're a reliable player (within reason, I know things come up) and looking to play Rifts every other Friday, shoot me a PM! Our next game is October 20th.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Adventurer

Comment: Creator of the best PBP games online: ExplorersUnlimited.com
Dude, you should totally include the link to your campaign. That'll definitely help drive interested players to your game.

Good luck on your campaign!

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:03 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: Life is like a potato; sometimes it's brown, but sometimes it's green.
Thank you!

I thought about including the link but, according to Roll20, anyone with the link can join the campaign. I prefer to chat/email with the individual first to find out a bit more about them, what kind of player they are, and what kind of campaign they're seeking. I don't want to show for game time one day and find a bunch of people I don't know have joined.

I may be misunderstanding how that works in Rolll20, so please let me know if I've got it wrong. :-)

Thanks!

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:37 am

Adventurer

dpenwood wrote:
Thank you!

I thought about including the link but, according to Roll20, anyone with the link can join the campaign. I prefer to chat/email with the individual first to find out a bit more about them, what kind of player they are, and what kind of campaign they're seeking. I don't want to show for game time one day and find a bunch of people I don't know have joined.

I may be misunderstanding how that works in Rolll20, so please let me know if I've got it wrong. :-)

Thanks!

No, you've got the right of it, mate.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:32 pm

Adventurer

One thing you might want to consider is providing a handful of ready-to-play pre-generated characters from which a new player can choose. Lowering the barrier to entry like this can sometimes attract new players who may not want to invest a bunch of time in building a Palladium character in a new venue (VTT) of which they're uncertain.

Another way to get word out about the game is through compelling images. Perhaps whip-up a flyer of sorts with some basics about the game's schedule, setting, cast, available pre-gens, etc. and make that a digital image which you can both print and post in your FLGS, and spread like space herpes through the internet. :D

Another devious idea: bribe your current players. Give them the flyer (digital or material), and give them the mission of spreading that flyer across the internet to places where potentially interested gamers are likely to be found. Require proof (pics or it didn't happen), and then reward those players with some in-game boon to their character.