Board index » Across the Megaverse® » Gamers Looking for Other Gamers

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:08 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

Folks

I'm looking for any South east wisconsin, Madison, Green Bay, or parts of northern Chicago land players to meetup with to get a few games in.

Seeing as theirs no events currently listed for adepticon I'm willing to sign up to run and demo events but to do what I want to get more games in.

Any one out there to meet up on a Saturday or Sunday at a Game store in thier area.

Jdarr

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:04 am

Palladin

Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.
I live in Madison and would gladly meetup for a game or 2.

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:06 am

Palladin

Misty Mountain games is on the East side of Madison...

"The Devil's among us!

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:46 am

Palladin

Fun games. Sorry I stomped you so bad. We'll have to do it again if your up for it.

"The Devil's among us!

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:17 pm

Palladin

I think we were there for almost 5 hours. There was a lot of other gaming going on. I'd say at least 20 other people in the store the whole time probably more than that though. Not being familiar with it though I think it was mostly warhammer. The whole time not one other person in the store came up and asked what we were playing. There may have been more like 30+ people as I really didn't do a head count. And not one said anything. I saw a few walk past and look and one guy brought is maybe 7-9 yr old daughter past to look, but no one said a word. That was honestly my first experience in a game store so maybe that is typical. I would have thought someone would have asked about a game most of them had likely never seen. Looking back I wonder if I should have attempted to engage them more, but I am not a megaversal ambassador and didn't really feel like taking on that task.

"The Devil's among us!

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:24 pm

Palladin

Jorel wrote:
I think we were there for almost 5 hours. There was a lot of other gaming going on. I'd say at least 20 other people in the store the whole time probably more than that though. Not being familiar with it though I think it was mostly warhammer. The whole time not one other person in the store came up and asked what we were playing. There may have been more like 30+ people as I really didn't do a head count. And not one said anything. I saw a few walk past and look and one guy brought is maybe 7-9 yr old daughter past to look, but no one said a word. That was honestly my first experience in a game store so maybe that is typical. I would have thought someone would have asked about a game most of them had likely never seen. Looking back I wonder if I should have attempted to engage them more, but I am not a megaversal ambassador and didn't really feel like taking on that task.

I also hope that's not a bad sign. Though there hasn't been really any good sign of a lot of people really taking to the game.

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:37 am

Palladin

Alpha 11 wrote:
Jorel wrote:

I also hope that's not a bad sign. Though there hasn't been really any good sign of a lot of people really taking to the game.

Every conversation I have ever had with the game store owner and I think the guy working the day I was there yesterday was his brother. no one has had anything positive to say about Palladium there and I haven't even done more than ask if they were gonna support the Kickstarter. Then after wave 1 delivery I asked if they had seen it and they said no. I also ask about AvP: The Hunt Begins as that is an elusive KS and also Terminator as I am curious what they even carry aside from the usual suspects at Misty Mountain games in Madison, Wi. I get mostly negative answers there so it is hard enough to judge, but the heckling I got from the few customers there when I brought it up the 1st 2 times showed me what I already knew to be true. Palladium does not have any real support there.
Still we showed up and played a couple games and had a good time. At least I did. Hopefully Jdarr will chime in here. But Either way the way to get the word out is to show the game is playable and fun. We could likely have done a better job to try draw people in. That is not what I was there for. I just wanted to play a couple games and now I have 3 under my belt.

"The Devil's among us!

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:35 pm

D-Bee

FWIW, I recently moved to Sussex, and after Adepticon I'd look forward to building my dudes (finally) to (finally) get a game, if anyone is still interested.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:40 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Jorel.

I would not be too discouraged most games store have a core set of customers who are loyal (often very loyal) to a given system, be it Warhammer, Warmachine etc.

I generally have played with my own group of friends but did venture out last year for a couple of small demo games. generally they worked as we were going a little over the top and using a little fudging to create fun moments. People who seem to be having a good time draw people in - watch serious tournamnet games if you need a turn off to a system. Keep an eye open for youngsters, get them involved let them use a model or two. Better still get dad on the other side and let them dish out the punishment, they will probably have a good time and get you positive vibes.

RTT is a really hard sell as it simply is not by any shape or form a truly aimed at new starters - making the models let alone painting them is a big investment of time but it can be run as a fun demo with a little showmanship

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:56 pm

Hero

@Wily; you do realize that was posted over a year ago, right?

"Mon Dec 07, 2015"

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:50 pm

D-Bee

While he didn't pay attention to the OP date, he posted because I had posted and brought it back up to the top. I had just moved and was going to post my own thread about getting games, but this one already existed (and was still on the first page of the forum), so I just used that.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:46 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Let us be fair , I did not notice the date. so never took offence at Forar's post - I did kick myself though for the faux pas

In my defence it was at the top and although I do have a lot of crtisisms the in the way palladium are getting on with the job, I still want to try nad support anything that gets a positive conversation going as well.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:08 pm

Palladin

Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)
Well...there are not a lot of "current threads" so the mistake is easily made wily.....

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, AIM - icesith1, MSN Messenger - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, ICQ - 127915633, Yahoo Messenger - demonjames666, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

MIAFI :D

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:56 pm

Dungeon Crawler

That is what makes it worse so few and I still did not catch the date - facepalm moment

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:04 am

Palladin

wilycoyote wrote:
Jorel.

I would not be too discouraged most games store have a core set of customers who are loyal (often very loyal) to a given system, be it Warhammer, Warmachine etc.

I generally have played with my own group of friends but did venture out last year for a couple of small demo games. generally they worked as we were going a little over the top and using a little fudging to create fun moments. People who seem to be having a good time draw people in - watch serious tournamnet games if you need a turn off to a system. Keep an eye open for youngsters, get them involved let them use a model or two. Better still get dad on the other side and let them dish out the punishment, they will probably have a good time and get you positive vibes.

RTT is a really hard sell as it simply is not by any shape or form a truly aimed at new starters - making the models let alone painting them is a big investment of time but it can be run as a fun demo with a little showmanship

I'm not discouraged. That was pretty much the only RRT game I played in all these years. I just dont care.

"The Devil's among us!