Fan Races!!

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Fan Races!!

Unread post by taalismn »

SolCannibal wrote:That's kind of like "planet of hats schtick, for machines" in sci-fi, mostly alongside abducting people to be their new users/masters or some conundrum that leads into a sort of god-like ur machine merging with organics or acquiring qualities from them, find some way to "transcend beyond parameters" V'ger style.

"Okay, what we basically did was drag it back down to our level..."
<<"....does not computte...does not compute......does not compute...oh, maker, the SMUT!...">>
"Put it oiut of its misery?"
"I'll pull the plug."
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

taalismn wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:That's kind of like "planet of hats schtick, for machines" in sci-fi, mostly alongside abducting people to be their new users/masters or some conundrum that leads into a sort of god-like ur machine merging with organics or acquiring qualities from them, find some way to "transcend beyond parameters" V'ger style.

"Okay, what we basically did was drag it back down to our level..."
<<"....does not computte...does not compute......does not compute...oh, maker, the SMUT!...">>
"Put it oiut of its misery?"
"I'll pull the plug."

"No, not THAT one."
"Why does it have one of these in the first place?!"
"Backdoor security?"
"There's nothing secure about inserting..."
"Ok, stop. Let's leave at that."
"I'm using the EMP, it's cleaner."
taalismn
Priest

Chugganath
(aka ‘Jaggedites’, ‘Rock-nids’, ‘Eater-gorth’)

“Oh gods! The -teeth-! The teeth!”
-Suit transmission from an EVA worker encountering a Chugganath in its native environment.

“Damn (products of improbable miscegenation) things ate through my ship’s hull like it was peanut brittle! I had to abandon ship and take to the lifepods without hardly any time to grab my belongings! Counted myself lucky to have gotten away with my life and that the (triple)damn monsters didn’t eat my lifeboat! I barely made Velgerlport and had to hawk what little I had on me to get myself some quarters and rations! Then, about a few months later, when I’m sweating a job as a rock-assayer to earn a ticket out of the sector, I see some of the stuff I left behind on my ship being sold at a pawnshop! (Blasphemous) rock-fykkers weren’t just eating my ship, they were robbing me blind! Pirates! Pirates all!”

“Help! Somebody! HELP ME!!! AIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!”
The screams echoed around the shadow-dappled cargo hold enclosure where a naked female human was suspended chained and spreadeagled, screaming in the grip of several rugged-skinned tentacled orbs crawling over her trembling limbs and making suggestive gestures and teeth-snapping postures. Saliva dripped profusely from radial jaws lined with jagged teeth; they had just reduced the prisoner’s equipment and garments, armored spacesuit included, into steadily dissolving confetti. More of the monsters arrived to slither around the captive as if to measure flesh content and taste. In the rippling shadows she lost track of how many of the rolliing and crawling monstrosities pushed and shoved to get at her.
Thus the prisoner did not notice one particularly big one roll away behind her and through an open hatchway, down a hallway, and around a corner, to stop just short of several sets of humanoid legs and their owners.
“Okay, we softened her up for you. Doing that was fun, but that germanium you promised us is better.”
The figures gave an affirmative nod; not that it meant anything to the tooth-ball, lacking the same sort of body to interpret the nuances of body language, but it could read minds just fine.
The tentacled ball of teeth gestured back at the hold, from which a fresh round of screaming and pleading for mercy was coming.
“She’s ready to tell you everything about her smuggling operation off your asteroid in return for you ‘rescuing’ her from us. Just give the younglings three more dhats to get the acting bug out of their systems, then turn on the steam; they’ll have some fun taking their showers and tanking up some moisture before scampering off and then you can go in and start asking your questions. I’ll wait around the door making hungry noises if you need some reinforcement, but it will cost you extra if I’m called in.”

The Chugganath are free-space dwelling exolifeforms. Far from being voracious ‘monsters of the void’, they are quite intelligent and can learn the languages of other lifeforms. Chugganath can survive atmosphere and gravity, but they are most comfortable in micro-gravity and zero-gee. They are, by the evidence, an ancient species, who have spread through a fair arc of the Thundercloud Galaxy by normal space(relativistic) means, and they may have arrived from extragalactic origins. It is not known if they are a naturally evolved species that had a SLOW progression to sophancy, or were deliberately engineered as space-dwellers.
Despite their fearsome appearance, Chugganath are not carnivorous predators; they are instead lithovores who subsist on a diet of minerals and metals. Their diamond-sharp teeth are for chewing through rock and metal. They can taste minerals with the skill of an accomplished gourmet and are excellent asteroid prospectors and miners.
Chugganath fly in space using a combination of organic ion drive and mild gravitic manipulation. For longer trips, groups of Chugganath will take an asteroid or cometary nucleus, burrow into it, and cobble together powerful impulse rockets to accelerate the asteroid on an extrasolar trajectory. The Chugganath will then take shifts lying dormant and being awake, slowly eating the asteroid like worms inside an apple, until they arrive at another promising solar system, whereupon they abandon their depleted ‘canoe’ for fresh pastures. This process takes many thousands of years, but more recently Chugganath have learned to hitch rides on FTL starships, despite the discomfort of traveling superluminal.
The Chugganath are often misidentified as a Splugorth subspecies(or creation) though as far as the Chugganath know(or care) there is NO relation between the two species.
Though the Chugganath generally avoid(and are harmless to) other species, they are not above occasionally pirating other species’ ships and constructs for materials/food, and take full advantage of their fearsome appearances(to others) to frighten and intimidate. Some Chugganath actively collaborate with others such as pirates and asteroid miners.

Alignments: Any
Life Span: 500 years(not including time spent in hibernation; with that, there are Chugganath with chronological ages in the tens of thousands of years).
Size: 2-5 ft wide(female-phase Chugganaths can be up to 10 times that size). Their tentacles can stretch out up to 30 ft.

Gender: Hermaphrodites that switch genders as needed. When two Chugganath meet, one elects to be the female and goes on a feeding binge, the elected male helping provide the female with food. The female can increase size and weight by up to ten times, becoming nearly immobile before brooding and producing 2-8 offspring, after which the female sheds any remaining excess mass and returns to a neutral gender-state. Once the children are weaned, the pair typically divide up the children, take their respective entourages and leave each other to seek other feeding grounds and mating opportunities.

Physical Description/Appearance:
A yard-wide leathery ball, dominated by a circular mouth lined with jagged teeth. A dozen tentacles sprout from the body. The creature has no visible sensory organs. They can speak acoustically using internal gas bladders normally used for storing reaction mass; they speak with a belching squelching tone.

Disposition/Attitudes:
Despite their very alien nature, Chugganath can come across as diverse in personality as any human. Most are aloof and standoffish, but those who associate most with the ‘airbreathers’ and ‘gravity-slumpers’ often come across as curious, snide, cunning, greedy, or intellectual. They are expert scavengers in deep space, and many acquire collections of salvaged weaponry and equipment.

Physical Attributes:
IQ: 2d6+6
ME: 2d6+13
MA: 2d6+6
PS: 5d6+12 and considered to be Supernaturally strong
PP: 2d6+13 in zero gee
They are less agile in gravity fields; under 1.0 g, they are effectvely 3d6.
PB: 1d4
PE: 3d6+20
SPD: Can crawl under 1.0 g at 1d6+4
Can fly in zero-gravity at. Can accelerate up to Mach 3/ MPH, at their P.E. x5 MPH/minute and brakw/decelerate at a similar rate.
(ISP): 6d6 + M.E, + 1d6 per level of experience
(PPE): 5d6
Hit Points:----
SDC:----
MDC: 2d6x10 +2d6 per level of experience. Each tentacle(12) has 6d6 MDC+1d8 per level of experience
Horror Factor: 14
Natural Abilities:
*Space Native---Can live in space/raw vacuum. A natural ion drive pushes them up to speeds of Mach 3. They often use gravity slingshot maneuvers to boost ther speed higher, as well as use artificial boosters to increase their speed still higher. It’s been claimed that Chugganath can survive reaching a sustained 10% of light speed.

*Silcate Physiology----Effectively immune to intense radiation, pathogens, toxins and extremes of heat and cold.

*Enhanced Senses---Despite having no visible sensory organs, Chugganath can sense the world around them in great detail; they can ‘see’ far-off starlight with their skins, ‘smell’ electromagnetic fields(can detect radar and motion detector beams), and ‘hear’ radio waves and radiation. They also can ‘feel’ gravity fields around them, including perturbations in the mass of materials caused by denser metals and minerals. +2 to Perception.

*Advanced Sense of Taste(Minerals)----Can discriminate between and identify common substances with 70%+5% per level of experience proficiency, and can identify exotic tastes and minerals at 30%+5% per level of experience. +10% to Geology and Chemistry: Analytical skills.

*Regeneration----Chugganath heal damage at a rate of 1d6 MDC per hour.

*Natural Radio/Radar----Chugganath have natural radio with an effective range of 10 miles per level of experience in atmosphere and 100,000 miles per level of experience in space. They can also ‘hear’ across the radio spectrum, but would require appropriate communications skills to decrypt signals.

*Hibernation---To save on resources, and save on the tedium of traveling between planets and stars, Chugganath can go into deep states of hibernation. In such a state, they can go for hundreds, even thousands, or years inert(they are sometimes mistaken for small ice-rich and minneral-laced asteroids, much to the shock of the prospectors who awaken them).

Psionics:(Minor Psionics)
Chugganath have Telepathy and five additional powers from the Sensitive category of psionics. They save as MINOR psychics.
*(Special) Long Range Telepathy----Chugganath can communicate with other Chugga’ by special long range telepathy; this costs the same as regular telepathy, but instead of range measurable in ft, range is in x10,000 MILES. If in a gravity field, this is reduced to x100 miles.

Magic:
The Chugganath are a magic-using culture; one in every 54 has the abilities of a Spacial Mage.

Vulnerabilities:
*Particle Beams---Particle beam weaponry does DOUBLE damage to Chugganath.

*Deep Water---While Chugganath cannot drown in the conventional sense, deep water poses a real hazard to them; they cannot swim but instead sink like rocks.

*Gravity---Gravity is generally a bummer for Chugganath; under even a 0.5 g field, they lose much of their accustomed speed and agility, and are limited to crawling or rolling around on the ground/deck.

*FTL Travel----Chugganath find superluminal flight acutely uncomfortable. Every time one travels faster than the speed of light they must roll versus psionic attack or lapse into a psuedo-coma for the duration of the flight. Upon emergence from FTL, the Chugganath begins to recover, but will be groggy and mentally sore; HALF all ability ranges, damage, bonuses and skill proficiencies for 1d10 hours. Even those who make their saving throw versus unconsciousness and stay awake for the flight will be at a similar HALF effectiveness and have NO bonuses to initiative; if asked they may describe the experience of FTL as akin to listening to somebody scraping asphalt or slate in the background while one is trying to concentrate.
Only Chugganath Spacial Mages are immune to this when traveling FTL by magic means.

Cybernetics/Bionics: None. Most metals and plastics used in cybernetics and bionics are considered snack foods by the Chugganath

RCC Skills:
Mathematics: Basic(+10%)
Movement: Zero-Gravity
Combat: Zero-Gravity
Navigation: Space(+25%)
Astronomy(+25%)
Mining and Excavation(+20%)

R.C.C. Related Skills: Select 4 skills from the following categories, plus an additional 1 at levels 3, 6, 9 and 12.
Communications: Any(+5% to Radio skills)
Domestic: None
Electrical: Any(+5%)
Espionage: None
Mechanical: Any(+5%)
Medical: None
Military: Any
Physical: Any except Swimming and SCUBA.
Pilot: Any except Bicycles , Aircraft and FTL Spacecraft
Pilot Related: Any(+10%)
Rogue: None
Science: Any(+10% to Astrophysics)
Technical: Any
Wilderness: None
Weapons Proficiencies(W.P.): Any
Secondary Skills: The character also gets to select 4secondary skills from those listed, plus at levels, , and . These are additional areas of knowledge that do not get the advantage of the bonuses listed in parentheses. All secondary skills start at the base skill level.
Experience Tables:(Use Dragon Exp. Tables)
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 6(+any gained from taking a hand to hand combat skill )
(Bonuses are in additio to any from physical and skill attributes)
Initiative + 1 in space/microgravity
Dodge + 1 in space/microgravity
Strike +1
Roll +2, + 3 in space/microgravity
Pull Punch +2
Entangle +3
Bite 1d8 MD
Restrained Tentacle Strike ---Minimum of 2d4 SDC-5d6 SDC
Full Strength Tentacle Strike ---Minimum of 1d4 MD- 3d6 MD
Power Tentacle Strike(2 attacks) ---Minimum of 2d4 MD-1d4x10 MD
Tear/Pry 2d4 MD
Crush/Squeeze(2 attacks)4d4 MD

Culture:
Chugganath form pods of 1d6x10 individuals nomally, working small asteroids, and keeping in touch with other groups by radio or telepathy. If and when a Chugga desires to leave a group, they will try to arrange a rendezvous with another pod in advance before starting out.
Larger groups congregrate and join forces to work on larger common projects like asteroid ark-ships.
Chugganath recognize and can use technology, though they rarely produce larger technological artifacts for themselves. They have learned about the usefulness of mechanical and electrical systems, and most are accomplished blacksmiths, using cobbled-together solar concentrator furnaces and scavenged reactors.

The Chugganath are preyed upon by, and prey in turn on, Asteropids(see Aliens Unlimited Galaxy Guide, pgs 124-125).
The Justicene Exiles dislike the Chugganath, for stealing away salvage and resouce finds the Exiles covet for themselves.
Belters and Chugganath have complicated love/hate relationships with each other; both are freespacers ‘living off the land’ and they often compete for the same resources. At worst, the Belters see the Chugganath as intrusive vermin, while the exoforms regard the Belters as invasive species; ‘wet-rockers’ who have no business claiming the Chugganaths’ resources. This has led to a number of ‘rock wars’ with the two sides seeking to push each other out of rich pickings.
In better circumstances, Belters regard the Chugganath as supremely well-adapted to life in deep space and a sort of ideal. The Chugganath may respect the ‘gravity well crawlers’ for their persistance and ingenuity in working to live in a environment so deadly to their kind. Under such impressions, Belters and Chugganath can form powerful cooperatives in developing resources.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Most interesting beings indeed - it beggars the question of what might happen if a group of Chugganath spatial mages putting their minds together ever manages to cobble up or tinker some form of workaround their people's issues with superluminal flight.

The realization that some groups of "wetrock natives" have access to weapons technology capable of blowing up planets - and making billions to trillions or more of asteroids in the process - could also lead to all kind of complications, though considering their usual resource limitations when no loot is available and long lifespan, it could take anything from centuries to dozens of millenia for something to actually come up from it even if they did.
taalismn
Priest

SolCannibal wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:52 pm Most interesting beings indeed - it beggars the question of what might happen if a group of Chugganath spatial mages putting their minds together ever manages to cobble up or tinker some form of workaround their people's issues with superluminal flight.

The realization that some groups of "wetrock natives" have access to weapons technology capable of blowing up planets - and making billions to trillions or more of asteroids in the process - could also lead to all kind of complications, though considering their usual resource limitations when no loot is available and long lifespan, it could take anything from centuries to dozens of millenia for something to actually come up from it even if they did.

"We wanna eat planets!"
"Why?"
""Just because it sounds interesting."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Sensuan Human Variant
“If humans are the vermin of the megaverse, Sensuans have to be counted as one of the ‘fancy-vermin’ bred for show purposes, as some are wont to do.”

“Zel’s a damn good thief with a right light touch on the pocketing and picking and safe-cracking, and he can be counted on not to hurt anybody in a caper..though he gets kind of enthusiastic tying people up...though I gotta watch him and remind him to be serious about things. One female security guard and he almost exchanged contact numbers for a later assignation when I caught him before he gave out any details. Sensuans....yeesh.”

“Awww, it took some doing to get both of them out of their clothes, but it looks like those two are going to be preoccupied, tied and tangled up like that! Those febosh-fiber ropes are soft but strong, and the ....stimulant...effects of the febosh oils will distract them for awhile. That just leaves just the two of us for now; I’ll just have to seduce you myself in the meantime. When they’ve worn each other down, we can ravish both of them....just as I planned.”
--A Sensuan ‘matchmaker’ reveals her insidious plot to set up a foursome.

“If you ever have to negotiate anything important with a Sensuan present on the other side, here’s a helpful hint; wear gloves and nose plug-filters, Any time you find yourself staring at the Sensuan, think about Splugorth porn. Seriously, I’ve had more agents give away more than they should have in contract negotiations because the other party brought a Sensuan to sit in on their side and just exude happy airs. And there’s nothing illegal about it.”

“Okay, yes, I know the rumors about Sensuans, and I can understand you parents’ concerns about hiring any in an educational role, but there have been, aside from those rumors, NO hard documented accounts of Sensuans abusing their mentor positions with regards to their underage students. I’ve spoke at length with both the new hires and their former employers and am assured that there will be nothing unethical in their conduct or performance.”

Sensuans are a genetically-engineered Human variant that has begun appearing in the Megaverse, specifically the Three Galaxies. It is unknown how the Sensuans came to be specifically; the most common theory is that they were bred to be a servitor caste, not unlike the Casserine, Tetrakian, and Vinobe human-septs or the elven Calians. Another theory, based on tales in what there is of Sensuan culture, is that they evolved out of a utopian post-want Human splinter-culture that chose to submerge itself in sybaritic decadence, free love, and the pleasures of the flesh, and modified themselves either consciously or unconsciously to better enjoy, without thought of how it would effect their descendants.
Sensuans appear as humans in the prime of health, with almost comically-exaggerated physical attributes(especially sexual features), almost visibly radiating charisma and sexuality. A notable feature is that their hair strands are hollow and many play host to symbiotic bacteria that are bioluminescent, often to a quite bright intensity(this can sometimes be used to gauge the Sensuan’s emotional state). However, this isn’t always as a reliable way of identifying them, as many disguise their hair with dye-jobs, and many metroworld social scenes have lumi-hair fads on a regular basis, making this aspect of Sensuan biology almost more of a disguise.
Whatever their origins, however, the Sensuans were either raided or wholly conquered by a more aggressive species, possibly a Splugorth Minion race, as the Sensuans first appeared in the liberated slave-stock of a Splugorth outpost world. They’ve since appeared in Splugorth slave markets and other ports engaged in human slave trafficking.
The Altess regard Sensuans with a degree of visible disdain, either seeing them as failed efforts at longevity, or wince-inducing reminders of the perils of lives spent in idleness. This hasn’t stopped the Altess from employing Sensuans as servants and effectively pets, but no sane Altess would trust a Sensuan with any real responsibility.
Needless to say, Sensuans are popular in businesses in the Paradise Foundation worlds. More than a few pleasure guilds employ(or seek to employ) Sensuans.

Alignments: Any, but most(60%) are Good in alignment, with another 30% following into Unprincipled, 6% into Anarchist, and the remaining 4% in Evil(utterly self-absorbed). No Diabolical Sensuans are KNOWN to exist, though possible through extreme insanity.
Life Span: 150 years
Size: 5-7 ft tall, 100-280 lbs on average
Gender: Hetereosexual, emphasis on the sex...similar to regular human beings.
Sensuans CAN breed successfully with other human variants(including ogres), and in fact are known for their easy and painless births, allowing female Sensuans to recover very quickly and get back to the party scene. Male Sensuans are considered high-endurance ‘studs’.
Physical Description/Appearance:
Human beings in the prime of health, with comic-hero-style physiques. They age very gracefully, and look good well into their 100s, When their ends come, they degenerate quickly(Dying ‘in action’ is a common end-goal of most Sensuans).
Sensuan hair will(70%) feature swaths or strands of bioluminescence; colors ranging from glowing gold and red-violet to cool bright blues. These patches can be bright enough to read by (and be easily seen in darkness). They cannot be turned off, but can be covered with hair dyes and head coverings.
Sensuans also tend(95%) to have odd eye colors, such as gold, purple, jade, and orange.

Disposition/Attitudes:
Hedonistic pleasure-seekers, ever eager for the next roll in the hay, bounce in the bed, or score on the mats. Most(65%) can be considered bisexual. They can range in their eagerness from merely flirty to this-could-be-considered-just-short-of-sexual-harassment. Most Sensuans, however, are reasonable enough that they will accept ‘no’ for an answer and try their luck elsewhere with somebody more willing and open. While they may express loyalty to a chosen mate, Sensuan attitude is very flexible, and polyandry is common. On the extreme (alignment) end, however, Sensuans can get scarily passionate and obsessive about pursuing goals and objects they desire, such as the attentions of specific individuals, though stopping just short of outright criminality(unless the Sensuan has gone completely insane).
Like the Larmack, Sensuan Humans regard physical labor as a necessary, but onerous, evil. Though very athletic, if something physical isn’t enjoyable, they try to avoid it. They’ll only work to sustain themselves and get the resources to keep their hedonistic lifestyles going. If they can, they’ll leave work to others. If they absolutely must work at something, they’ll try to make it as fun as possible...often with surprising results.
Sensuans tend to be pacifistic and nonaggressive, and that may explain how they became a slave race. Only the most dire of circumstances, or insanity, will get a Sensuan to take aggressive and harmful action, but aggressive and kinky action is acceptable. While not outright cowards, Sensuans are not adverse to an expedient retreat, especially if it means they live to enjoy another day.
Sensuans DO have a few hard-set moral lines they will NOT cross; children and adolescents are NOT to be harmed, anybody below the age of consent is OFF-limits, and if it’s not enjoyable for both parties, BACK OFF.

Physical Attributes:
IQ: 3d6
ME: 1d6+7
MA: 2d6+12
PS: 2d6+6
PP: 2d6+13
PB: 2d6+14
PE: 3d6+20
SPD: 3d6+6
(ISP):---
(PPE): 4d6
Hit Points: P.E. +1d6 per level of experience
SDC: 34
MDC:----
Horror Factor:---
Natural Abilities:
*Heigtened Senses of Smell and Taste----Sensusans have well-developed snses of small and taste. They can judge the quality of foods and drinks by these, making them accomplished cooks, perfumers, trouble-sniffers, and interviewers. They can also pick up on plenty of non-visual cues about people.
(Taste)---- Can discriminate between and identify common substances with 70%+5% per level of experience proficiency, and can identify exotic tastes and poisons at 30%+5% per level of experience. +10% to cooking ability.
(Smell)--100 ft range, Recognize specific odors: 70%+4% per level of experience, recognize poisons/chemicals by smell: 50%+4% per level of experience, recognize specific person: 50%+3% per level of experience, track by scent: 40%+3% per level of experience every 200 yards. In circumstances where smell can come into play: +1 dodge, +1 initiative.

*Tactile Sensitivity----- Sensuans have very acute tactile senses and can pick up on very fine details by touch, and are very aware of their surrouding environment by feel. Can identify fabric and materials alone by touch; 60%+2% per level of experience, detect very slight differences in texture, such as hidden portals(70%+2% per level of experience), changes in temperature (60%+2% per level of experience), has penalties for fighting blind of only -5, is +10% to skills requiring a deft touch, such as Pick Pockets, Palming, Demolitions, Juggling, Pick Locks, Forgery, Massage, etc.. and is +1 to Dodge/Roll.

*Motion Detection---Hollow hairs on the head and body can register changes in air pressure around the Sensuan; 30 ft radius, +1 on initiative, parry, dodge, and roll.

*Nightvision---While it’s often been said that Sensuans have ‘bedroom eyes’, in fact they have better than average low-light vision, being able to see in total darkness some 80 ft and in low light conditions out to 200 ft.

*Living Anatomy(Sense)---Sensuans have such a knowledge of human anatomy that they can pick up on, with a glance, all sorts of signs and indicators about a person that others would miss, This is the ability to read another person’s body language, behavior, and physiological signs and discern information, such as the subject’s emotional and mental state, general physical health, and whether the person is lying(01-60% reasonably sure. 61-89% uncertain, 90-00% dead-on correct). Gets First Aid at 80%+2% per level of experience, +10% to any medical skills the Sensuan may take.
Also gets a +3 to Pull Punch. Instead of the damage bonuses normally associated with this power, the Sensuan gets a called Knockout pressure-point strike on an unmodifed strike roll of 16-20.

*Pheromones----Sensuans literally ooze sex in the form of olfactory cue chemicals in their sweat and saliva. +10 to MA/PB, +10%(+15% if delivered by a kiss to nose or mouth) to Seduction rolls for 3 hours per day. Normal effective range is 60 ft in well-ventilated conditions, but in less well-ventilated areas like a closed conference room or hall, the effect can reach for hundreds of ft. A save versus non-lethal poison HALVES effects, a successful roll versus mind control negates it.

*Resistance to Addiction----Sensuans are not easily addicted to chemicals; they easily shake off chemical dependencies and do not suffer hangovers, +1 to save versus poisons/toxins, and chances for addiction are only 25% of what would be normal for a human being.

*Disease Resistance----Sensuans have very efficient immune systems; effectively impervious to normal diseases, +1 to save versus magic disorders and poisons/toxins.

*Double-Jointed--- Sensuans are VERY flexible. +10% to Escape Artist, +1 roll with punch, fall, or impact.

*Fatigues at HALF the normal human rate.

*Fertility Control----Sensuans of both genders have conscious biological control of their fertility/virility. Unwanted/unexpected pregnancy/paternity just isn’t a thing with them.

Psionics: None; no potential
Magic: None; no potential
Cybernetics/Bionics: If they have a choice, Sensuans avoid implants, unless they increase their personal pleasure.
Available OCCs:
Sensuans find it hard to concentrate long enough to pursue any occupation seriously. No military or hard scholarly/academic/technical professionals. They gravitate towards professions that alow them to indulge their passions.
Surprisingly, many make excellent physical education instructors, teaching gymnastics, swimming, and sports, while others are excellent art and music teachers. The more serious-minded Sensuans make good physical therapists and psychiatric aides. Professional Athlete, Entertainer, Floater, Vagabond Scout are among the most common OCCs available to Sensuans. More criminally-minded Sensuans can fall into the roguish ‘gentleman thief’ and seductress professions.
RCC Skills:
First Aid at 80%+2% per level of experience
Dance(+15%)
Seduction(+15%)
Disrobe(Self/Others)---Arguably, nobody’s more proficient at shedding clothes than a Sensuan. (+15%). Base Skill: 40 % + 5% per level of experience, +15% if used on oneself.
Skills of Note:
Domestic skills get a +10%
Medical Skills get a +10%, but limited to Holistic Medicine, Sports Medicince, Paramedic(counts as THREE skill choices), Massage and Psychology(counts as TWO skill choices).
Physical skills get a +10%(where applicable), due to the Sensuans’ very physical orientation. Combat-wise, Sensuans never get anything more aggressive than Martial Arts, but may be interested in ‘soft’ martial arts like Tickle-TeeHee, Street of the Red Lanterns Wrestling, or Screaming Squirrel.

Culture:
Little of a larger Sensuan culture can be discerned, but Sensuans in groups tend to form flexible multi-partner sexual congresses. Children born of these extended unions are raised in common(and tend to be spoiled rotten).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”