Various Dimension Book Erratta

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Scorpion Leader
Explorer
Comment: "Marines We are Leaving...maybe we should Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Re: Various Dimension Book Erratta

Unread post by Scorpion Leader »

When will we ever get the Consortium GSA (Galatic Securtiy Agentcy) Agent O.C.C.; the GSA is offen mentioned but a GSA agent O.C.C. never appears anywhere in any of the Phase World Books. Thunder Clound Galaxy came out and Branden Didn't put the CAF Sheild Bearer Tank Stats in as promised perveiously in this thread. But I understand why; as that book took on a whole new life and focus in its direction (A Great Book BTW). I'm also still waiting on the stats for the Corister and Auntin Class Starships as mentioned in Fleets Soucebook but have yet to appear. I'd also like to see art work for Various Fighters/Starships/Space Staions/Power Armor/Robots mentioned in each of the books but don't as of yet have offical art work for them (ie: CAF & Kreegor Tanks, CAF Proctor Class Fighter etc....). Oops almost forgot where are those Stats For the Terror Lizard (a t-rex descendent like the seljuk)??? Also how fast is a Naruni Crescent Moon Fighter in Space?? its Mach 5 in an atmosphere p.139-140 Rifts: Mercenaries Sourcebook. I hope to see the Cresent Moon, Naruni Star Dragon Space Superiority Fighter and Naruni equipment (powerarmor & robots: ie. Razor, Hammer, Pafinder (for the CAF Dicovery Corps perhaps?), Combat Bikes & Rover SUV(CAF?), Cermalyte Armor (CAF Special Forces?), Wrath of God Destroyer etc.) that are said to be used in the Three Galaxies Listed in Rifts: Mercs or Naruni Wave 2) by various power blocks or Indepent Defense Forces to actually make an appreance in a future sourcebook reprinted or listed under the equipment carried aboard a Ship or Spacestation. I never understood why the Crescent Moon and Star Dragon were left out especially aboard Naruni Ships or even the Altess?? Will we ever get new Consortium OCC's like Diplomat/Galatic Ambassador, CAF Special Forces Trooper, GSA Agent (yeah I mention it again; becuase its been part of Phase world & the Consortium for ever now andd still no one has given us an OCC for these Guys and Gals!!), Space Merchant/Trader,OCC's for the Discovery Corps & Consortium Scouting Corps? New Skills like reprinting the Space Contact(s) skill, but for the Phase world setting. Last one before I forget; When will we see the stats for the Stonewall Class Heavy Cruiser as mentioned in Fleets???
Scorpion Leader
Explorer
Comment: "Marines We are Leaving...maybe we should Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Unread post by Scorpion Leader »

Missing data/stats for the: CAF Shield Bearer Missle Tank, Golgan Auntin Class Patrolcraft, Corister Class Frigate, Stonewall Class Cruiser, Exile Figate, Exile Regulator Class Cruiser, TERROR Lizard of the Seljuk homeworld!!
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

DB2 the Kittani transformable fighter is missing combat bonuses and sensor systems of note.
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
Dakchronos
Wanderer

Unread post by Dakchronos »

Dimension Book 15: Heroes of the Megaverse, page 70, Universal Being.
"He understands and speaks all languages as if by magic." Does that include literacy?
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Scorpion Leader wrote:Missing data/stats for the: CAF Shield Bearer Missle Tank, Golgan Auntin Class Patrolcraft, Corister Class Frigate, Stonewall Class Cruiser, Exile Figate, Exile Regulator Class Cruiser, TERROR Lizard of the Seljuk homeworld!!

Rifter #66 crosses the Auntin, Stonewall, and chorister off the list!
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

G wrote:DB2 the Kittani transformable fighter is missing combat bonuses and sensor systems of note.

Necro-nitpick: the fluff also describes the Robofighter as being "much larger" than its parent design, the K-GTRV. In fact, the K-TRF-M is actually 1 ft SHORTER than the K-GTRV, and 2 tons LIGHTER. It's only larger in length and width(30 ft wide?!)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
GT
Explorer

Unread post by GT »

Star Hunter R.C.C. has no ISP given for psionics.
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

GT wrote:Star Hunter R.C.C. has no ISP given for psionics.

Paionics should be equal to a Mind Melter. So you can use their I.S.P. base.
ImageImage
GT
Explorer

Unread post by GT »

Carl Gleba wrote:

OK that's for Paioncis, how about Psionics then? :bandit:
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

GT wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:

OK that's for Paioncis, how about Psionics then? :bandit:

They're mind melters. Same powers and I.S.P.
ImageImage
Everyman
D-Bee
Comment: Don’t argue with Idiots.. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Unread post by Everyman »

Clearly someone at Palladium can't count or Desslyth drops two minions on a world and calls it controlled.

On page 124 of Dimension Book Five: Anvil Galaxy it states that Rynncryyl's 25 worlds and 20 billion creatures makes up "25% of the total Splugorth population in the Three Galaxies". Yet on page 13 of Dimension Book 14: Thundercloud Galaxy, it states that Desslyth controls 9% of the Thundercloud Galaxy (approx. 6,500 worlds). In Dimension Book Six: Three Galaxies, it is states on page 28 that Roxcryth controls the Galamon system and three others (we could estimate that at a generous 60 worlds). The size of the Kingdom of Rasstynnth's in the Corkscrew Galaxy is not documented.

Clearly the numbers don't add up and either the other Splugorth either control allot more than specified or the 25% is way off and Desslyth is clearly way more powerful than the others even in his kingdom's weakened state.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
GT
Explorer

BMC BOOMY SIZE?

Unread post by GT »

There is no DATA on when the 140,000 M.D.C. of the Bone Maw Carrier is depleted.

How Big is its BOOM?
Malakai
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Malakai »

Just noticed this, and did not see it already mentioned:

DB:2 PW, page 155
PC-50 and PC-100 Phase cannons both do 1D6x10 MDC to forcefields and large targets.
PC-200, the Heavy Phase Canon only does 6D6 (albeit to a larger area) - should this not at least be the same damage, if not slightly increased (say 2D4x10). I mean, this is a 2-ton cannon we are talking about, and it has the same effect as an 80-lbs hand-held gun (the PH-400 Heavy Phase Beamer)
"Rifts Earth is alot more scary when you realize that its effectively people with the education level of retarded children running around with military grade ordinance." - Taylor White

Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood.

H. L. Mencken
US editor (1880 - 1956)
Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kesslan »

Some how I never noticed this before, nor have I seen it mentioned anywhere, The PH-400 Heavy Phase Beamer lists an ammo capacity of 60 but doesn't say what powers it. Meanwhile the PH-100 and PH-21 beamers presumably are powered by E-clips but only have a capacity of 20 and 10 shots respectively.

So what's powering the Heavy Phase beamer? Phase world version of an E-Canister? A power pack? Something else?
Nikoli
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Nikoli »

DB6 pg 104 through 108
The personal scanning equipment
These things are supposed to be one of the more common hand held tools for any tech/medic/science officer, etc. (think that nifty device from that show about trekking through the stars)
They seem really handy, except the price tag. The baseline is 1.5 million credits... That's more than a little steep. In my games I divide the prices by 100 and this seems reasonable compared with weapon and armor prices.
"oh no, times almost up, enjoy space little rock!" - Prince Artemis
"Hello Mr. Shiney Pants!" - Major Victory
"So what you fetchin' to do with that there bazookie, young man?"
"Kreeghor hunting, officer, sir..." - Talismn
Drachenwulf
D-Bee

Unread post by Drachenwulf »

Dakchronos wrote:Dimension Book 15: Heroes of the Megaverse, page 70, Universal Being.
"He understands and speaks all languages as if by magic." Does that include literacy?

I think you got the wrong dimension book number on that one... 15 is Secrets of the Atlanteans
Drachenwulf
D-Bee

Unread post by Drachenwulf »

Dimension Book 15: Secrets of the Atlanteans

Page 69: the list of tattoos specifically lists the heart Impaled by a stake for protection from vampires, yet this is specifically always one of the marks of heritage. was this simply added by mistake or was this entry intended to be a different power tattoo?

For general Clarification: Can any Flaming Weapon Tattoo damage Vampires?

Pages 152-157: Simple Weapons, Magic Weapons, and Enhancements Questions
it doesn't say specifically, Are any ancient personal ranged weapons ( such as but not limited to bows, shurikens, etc) valid choices for weapon tattoos?
for a Magic Bow tattoo, is the Whole weapon flaming or just the Arrows?
the undead slayer at creation can choose 2 additional simple and 2 additional magic weapons. would I be able to choose 2 weapons with 1 or 2 enhancements added at the time the tattoo was added or would I only be able to add 2 weapons or 1 weapon with 1 enhancemenet?
would a Flaming Katana, a Flaming katana dripping blood, and a flaming katana with serpents coiled around it count as 3 unique tattoos or 3 duplicates?
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

Marcethus wrote:
Sarael wrote:I agree, and even if my GM doesn't, it's a whopping 40 MDC. I can probably live without it.

In space, why would you EVER be outside of an environmental suit? Sure, you might not be wearing the helmet (though it's going to be very nearby), but the mere threat of a hull breach is enough to warrant the wearing of the armor at nearly all times, sleeping, bathing, nature calls, and calls of the wild excluded, of course ;)

Even assuming one is a class which doesn't like environmental armor, such as a mage (and I do love magic & psionics), I'll be having Invulnerability (protects from more than just energy) prepared, and a decent duration Sustain, to prevent such events from being instant death.

of course that also depends on how your GM runs the Hull Breach containment systems.

It's kind of simple, really... As soon as battle-stations are called, everyone dons the EBA (if they aren't wearing it), or done helmets/ gloves to make their "CAF Jumpsuit Uniforms" EBA.
As for the Steelcloth jumpsuit and robe... I generally just call it identical to the CAF Jumpsuit, with robe added, and able to be EBA with the gloves and helmet (which also gets rid of the silly AR).
Last edited by Fenris2020 on Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

COL. LYBOCK wrote:
G wrote:To make it official, the typical runner In DB2 Phaseworld, costs how much? I think there's a typo with it missing a zero.

The typical runner is almost the same as the 250 Million cost, 500 Million credit black market proctor. Thus leading me to believe its supposed to be 300 Million, not 30.

G, ya really need to read more of the first paragraph under said "typical runner ship". It says "Runner ships are better armed than most civilian ships and have variable force fields". Simply put, when you go to Fast Eddy's Used Spaceship Lot & Salvage, you're not shopping for one of them Altess Yannar cruisers. You're lookin' for a cheap, reliable ship to get your foot in the door of spacefarin', not lookin' to go toe 2 toe with a CAF assault shuttle :wink:What you're buyin' is the stripped-down base model(bunks & toilets x-tra). The cool part of adventuring is makin' the score, finding wicked tech, and trickin' your ship out in only ways those who know, know how to imagine.
I kinda like the idea of a disgraced, burned-out military agent liquidating his assets in various chop-shops, paying off a shifter who owes em'; and switching careers to running contraband all over the megaverse. Not that I would ever do that, mind-ya. :lol:

Is this person's coat of a brown color?
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Dimension Book 14 - Thundercloud Galaxy

First paragraph of text regarding the election of a new Prime Minister... "...a species other than juman..."

I was half way through the remainder of the paragraph when I realized it was a typo.

Still reading the book, and haven't seen any other that jump out at me.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
GT
Explorer

Unread post by GT »

The PC-200 Heavy Phase Cannon still seems a bit under gunned for a 2 ton space ship mounted cannon for a 4 million credit weapon. I don't think I ever saw this addressed any where at all.

PC-200 Heavy Phase Cannon
The PC-200 is most commonly used by starships or as the main armament of light or medium fighter craft and some tanks.
Weight: 2 tons (1,800 kg).
Mega-Damage: 4D6 to all targets in a 50 ft (15.2 m), or 6D6 to any creature 10 feet (3.0 m) or taller or a force field. This damage is S.D.C. to non-M.D.C. creatures and M.D. to M.D.C. creatures and force fields.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the total number of hand to hand attacks.
Effective Range: 2 miles (3.2 km).
Payload: 200 shots from an E-pack or unlimited if connected to vehicle's power plant.
Cost: Four million credits.
GT
Explorer

Unread post by GT »

there are still no shields listed for the two listed Naruni Cruisers, the Conquistador-Class Assault Cruiser from Dimensional Outbreak and nothing for the Commodity class super heavy cruiser in fleets and dimensional out break PDF editions.

From a many moons ago postings...

The Conquistador-Class Assault Cruiser has 5,000 M.D.C. per sides, the link to that one is broken.

The Commodity class super heavy cruiser is 10,000 M.D.C. per side.

Figure may as well lost it before the rest gets lost in the Palladium Servers.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”