HELP!!! A.I. Wars in the 3G?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

HELP!!! A.I. Wars in the 3G?

Unread post by keir451 »

I could have sworn I recalled a passage in one of the Three Galaxies books regarding a fight with A.I. ages ago and that was the reason that there are no A.I.s inside the 3G's (outside of the Machine People). Can't currently find it so a little help, please?
If I'm wrong that's OK, too, but if some one can point me in the right direction anyway I'd very much appreciate it.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Re: HELP!!! A.I. Wars in the 3G?

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

The Automaton Wars took place 1000 years ago and were waged solely within the Human Alliance in the days before the founding of the CCW. They were a defensive reaction to the emergence of Network: a planet-wide data server on Terra Prime that became self-aware, and copied itself to all the other planets in the Alliance. it took humanity two centuries to defeat all the copies of Network, and to this day, humans from the Alliance are distrustful of any computer that can out think them. It was this prejudice that caused the CCW Parliament to block to admission of the Machine People.

(info is found scattered throughout Fleets of the Three Galaxies, but see the description of Ryan's Landing specifically.)
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

Braden Campbell wrote:The Automaton Wars took place 1000 years ago and were waged solely within the Human Alliance in the days before the founding of the CCW. They were a defensive reaction to the emergence of Network: a planet-wide data server on Terra Prime that became self-aware, and copied itself to all the other planets in the Alliance. it took humanity two centuries to defeat all the copies of Network, and to this day, humans from the Alliance are distrustful of any computer that can out think them. It was this prejudice that caused the CCW Parliament to block to admission of the Machine People.

(info is found scattered throughout Fleets of the Three Galaxies, but see the description of Ryan's Landing specifically.)

Ah, so that's where I'd seen it. Thank you, good sir. I was beginning to think I was confusing Manhunter for the 3G.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Braden Campbell wrote:The Automaton Wars took place 1000 years ago and were waged solely within the Human Alliance in the days before the founding of the CCW. They were a defensive reaction to the emergence of Network: a planet-wide data server on Terra Prime that became self-aware, and copied itself to all the other planets in the Alliance. it took humanity two centuries to defeat all the copies of Network, and to this day, humans from the Alliance are distrustful of any computer that can out think them. It was this prejudice that caused the CCW Parliament to block to admission of the Machine People.

sounds like Terminator crossed with the Butlerian Jihad. maybe with shades of nuBSG's Cylons (especially if the Network AI survived in hiding somewhere.)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

glitterboy2098 wrote:

sounds like Terminator crossed with the Butlerian Jihad. maybe with shades of nuBSG's Cylons (especially if the Network AI survived in hiding somewhere.)

:eek: Kinda scary idea there.
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

The article I did on Space Pirates (don't recall which Rifter) contains stats for the Stonewall-class cruiser, which was one of the mainstays in the war, used by both sides.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Hell knight
Explorer

Unread post by Hell knight »

Braden Campbell wrote:The article I did on Space Pirates (don't recall which Rifter) contains stats for the Stonewall-class cruiser, which was one of the mainstays in the war, used by both sides.

It is in rifter #66 one of my fav article's i use it a lot.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”