published limit to # of tattoos a Tattooed may get?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

published limit to # of tattoos a Tattooed may get?

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

Looking for an actual published Max.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: published limit to # of tattoos a Tattooed may get?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The max per addtitional Tattoos at one time is 2, and there has to be 6 months between addition of pairs of tattoos.
This is the absolute maximum limit of how many tattoos a T-man/TAUS may have.

This text is found in the T-man, maxi-Man, and TAUS texts in the RWB2.
------------
The level up tatts are not absolutes.
-----------

As to what I think you mean in your question.... No, there is no 'absolute number of' limit that the T-/Maxi-man or TAUS can not go over. Given time, a char can get as many magic tattoos as can be inscribed on their skin.

Note: I used the RWB2 as source text. If there is something different in Secrets of the A. then I will let someone else post about that book.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

For the truly bored?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_surface_area
Now figure out how much space each tattoo takes up...

But as Drew pointed out, it takes decades to get anywhere close that.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:The max per addtitional Tattoos at one time is 2, and there has to be 6 months between addition of pairs of tattoos.
This is the absolute maximum limit of how many tattoos a T-man/TAUS may have.

This text is found in the T-man, maxi-Man, and TAUS texts in the RWB2.
------------
The level up tatts are not absolutes.
-----------

As to what I think you mean in your question.... No, there is no 'absolute number of' limit that the T-/Maxi-man or TAUS can not go over. Given time, a char can get as many magic tattoos as can be inscribed on their skin.

Note: I used the RWB2 as source text. If there is something different in Secrets of the A. then I will let someone else post about that book.

Thanks you did get the question I was asking. I just got the Secrets of the Atlanteans book and it drove my question. Both the Undead Slayer and the Sunja Assassin have been updated with Advanced Tattoo Training. The training is different between the two. The Undead Slayer is noted as the "undisputed masters of Tattoo Magic" and yet their advanced training seems inferior to the Sunja Assassin. The Slayer's training says they can get as many as 36 magic tattoos. Since there is no published limit to the max number of tattoos that can be received the "as many as 36 tattoos" is actually a limitation. I am just going to write the sentence off as another Palladium editing mistake and give the Undead Slayer the Sunja Assassin training which allows more than six tattoos to be active at higher levels. Thanks for the help.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:snip...

Since SotA has introduced limits to specific classes then those limits hold true for those individual classes.
Whether any limits are applied to t-men, monster-men, and Maxi-men I don't know. I have only skimmed it.

Thou, with the TAUS SotA tattoo count, it only leaves ""room"" for the char to just get Power Tattoos if not to go over their (new)limit before L15.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”