Vampires Under Other Suns

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Vampires Under Other Suns

Unread post by taalismn »

Does the friction between eliakon and Nightmask in full-on technogabble combat mode generate enough energy to initiate a fusion event, and would the light of that fusion event be powerful enough to affect vampires?
Your choices are:
a) Yes; they can now read Bram Stoker in the dark so much better now.
b) Yes; they are blown away, not so much by the light melting them, as by the concussive shockwave and light pressure.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

taalismn wrote:Does the friction between eliakon and Nightmask in full-on technogabble combat mode generate enough energy to initiate a fusion event, and would the light of that fusion event be powerful enough to affect vampires?
Your choices are:
a) Yes; they can now read Bram Stoker in the dark so much better now.
b) Yes; they are blown away, not so much by the light melting them, as by the concussive shockwave and light pressure.

8) Definitely B 8)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Or maybe they just bask in its unholy light..... :P
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Incriptus wrote:I have no legal documents to support this, but the intention of the vampires sun light weakness is purely metaphysical. They are Undead. They are Creatures of Darkness. They are destroyed by any sun that brings an end to darkness and is responsible for life. If the stars in question do neither of those two things then it is irrelevant.
After going through this thread, I crown this post as the my guideline for how close you need to be to a star/sun to provide damage.
Bright enough to make it less dark. Even if marginally.

So, they'd be safe enough on Pluto, but would still suffer the rest of the daytime penalties on the sunward side.
I'd also go as far at to say they'd still be uncomfortable about it, much like stagnant water.

Thinking further, I feel I'd apply daytime penalties to vampires in general without a planetoid to shade them in night.
So they'd mostly rest in coffins when in transit in space.

Odd consequence of this thought is that they would be miserable on space stations, and maybe hollowed out asteroid habitats, in solar orbit, but would love one that kept station in the shadow of a world.

taalismn wrote:"In other words, popping them into the heart of a star isn't going to make them dissolve any faster...just give them fewer places to hide."
"Nuts."
"Hey, I can work with that."
:lol:
Think the closest we've come to that was when a portal to a sun-locked side of a world was opened and attempts were made to put the vampire lord through it. Lord ran so hard that we still haven't seen him return.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”