Altess xp chart

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Altess xp chart

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

I'm making an Altess Galactic Tracer, and since the altess have all those racial bonuses and advantages, it seems wrong to use the normal galactic tracer xp chart. But I cannot seem to find an xp chart for the Altess FCC in dimension book 5. Does anyone know if the have one, and where it might be?
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Altess xp chart

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The normal way is to use the EXP table that takes more EXP to progress on.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Drew, i know that. everyone knows that.

the problem, had you actually read the post, is that the Altess RCC/race does not HAVE an XP chart. but using the Glactic tracer chart from DB2 is not really a good idea since the altess is so much more capable than a regular human. (natural MDC, supernatural PS, exceptional stats, and lots of budget for gear..)
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Thought they did. *yawns* Sorry about tired posting.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

I'll be hornswoggled! It does look like they completely forgot to put in the RCCs and OCCs experience tables... look in the cutting room floor or for errata...
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

See, one of the reasons why I find the presenting of a new race smushed with it's RCC is Stupid.

Did you try looking for any errata about the table in the rifters?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Several dimension books seem to have this issue. More than a few regular rifts books too.

I haven't checked the riftets yet but I don't expect much. It came out after the rifter largely stopped doing eratta/FAQ

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Here's a thought; Altess are superiour. Ergo they can progress on the table for their chosen profession like any other pleeb without having to worry about such paltry things like the bleeting of the prols about "game ballance" and "fairness". The PC is an Altess, why should they have to work harder just because they are better than anyone else?
*sarcasm*
-ahem- in all seriousness though, who cares? If the GM wants to have you earn more XP to advance than the profession normally calls for, then they can tell you (Dragon or BORG Xp tables, or even the Mind Melter are insanely high to advance) ... otherwise just level up as normal and let THEM deal with the rest of the players screaming bloody blue murder.
Simple.
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

we decided to use the Seljuk XP chart, since the Seljuk are the closest race we have a chart for in terms of physical traits and general power levels.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Altess are human, give them the normal XP chart for whatever OCC they pick. I doubt their higher IQ equates to a learning disability.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

How about those that choose the RCC?
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re:

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Altess are human, give them the normal XP chart for whatever OCC they pick. I doubt their higher IQ equates to a learning disability.

They might be variant humans but they have exceptional stats across the board, supernatural strength, and natural MDC bodies. Which makes them rather more powerful than standard humans to begin with, even before adding in the extra 60,000credits of gear they get or the 1D4x100,000 credits in savings they start with.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Re: Re:

glitterboy2098 wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Altess are human, give them the normal XP chart for whatever OCC they pick. I doubt their higher IQ equates to a learning disability.

They might be variant humans but they have exceptional stats across the board, supernatural strength, and natural MDC bodies. Which makes them rather more powerful than standard humans to begin with, even before adding in the extra 60,000credits of gear they get or the 1D4x100,000 credits in savings they start with.

Because Strong, Healthy, Wealthy, Intelligent people do poorly in school and take longer to learn or do anything.... ;)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

I always thought it was strange that IQ didn't impact how quickly one levels.

If your GM is generous with the "playing in character" XP, a stupid character can actually level faster than an intelligent one.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:

Because Strong, Healthy, Wealthy, Intelligent people do poorly in school and take longer to learn or do anything.... ;)

Of course by this logic everyone should just use the same XP table... after all XP should not increase for more powerful classes because it has no game purpose and doesn't represent anything in the real world...
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
flatline
Knight

Perhaps the notion of an XP table is where things went wrong in the first place.
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

flatline wrote:Perhaps the notion of an XP table is where things went wrong in the first place.

Well I guess if we want to argue that the entire game is fundamentally flawed from its basic premises sure...
...I find I am not quite able to keep a straight face while trying to argue that the core, basic, mechanics of the game are some of the flaws that caused the game to go wrong. If for no other reason that it implies that the game has never been right, which begs the question of why someone would want to play it.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
flatline
Knight

eliakon wrote:
flatline wrote:Perhaps the notion of an XP table is where things went wrong in the first place.

Well I guess if we want to argue that the entire game is fundamentally flawed from its basic premises sure...
...I find I am not quite able to keep a straight face while trying to argue that the core, basic, mechanics of the game are some of the flaws that caused the game to go wrong. If for no other reason that it implies that the game has never been right, which begs the question of why someone would want to play it.

The system has always been junk, but the settings are so compelling that we either put up with the junk system or replace it.

--flatline

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

eliakon wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:

Of course by this logic everyone should just use the same XP table... after all XP should not increase for more powerful classes because it has no game purpose and doesn't represent anything in the real world...

Granted, but we don't know they were intended for higher XP anyway...

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”