Star Fighters

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

VIsgar
Explorer
Comment: Reflux adept.

Star Fighters

Unread post by VIsgar »

I am looking for Star Fighters for a future game in the Three Galaxies setting. Each of the players wants to earn or steal a ship at some point.

I wanted a Star Fighter due to its size, speed, replaceability, upkeep and its low cost compared to Freighters.

What are some of the fighters with the most internal room and carry weight?
kirnos
D-Bee

Re: Star Fighters

Unread post by kirnos »

VIsgar wrote:I am looking for Star Fighters for a future game in the Three Galaxies setting. Each of the players wants to earn or steal a ship at some point.

I wanted a Star Fighter due to its size, speed, replaceability, upkeep and its low cost compared to Freighters.

What are some of the fighters with the most internal room and carry weight?

Obviously, the Proctor. It's in the "Core" Phase World book. It's more like a small freighter, so will do the trick.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

If you have access to Rifter #34, the article 'Galactic Tracer Starship Creation Rules' allows you to build small starships..these have more MDC than the average starfighter, but they're good fits for small groups...the 'Patrol Ship' is basically described as heavy fighters.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

taalismn wrote:If you have access to Rifter #34, the article 'Galactic Tracer Starship Creation Rules' allows you to build small starships..these have more MDC than the average starfighter, but they're good fits for small groups...the 'Patrol Ship' is basically described as heavy fighters.

And then you have the Space-/Star-ship construction tables in the AU:GG book. Which can be used to design Space- and Star-ships of all sizes.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

I would just go with a Runner's ship, those things are beasts with 6-sided shielding, LRM batteries.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Most Star Fighter's don't have much in the way of cargo, and the few that do tend to be closer to full sized starships/shuttles on their own..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
kirnos
D-Bee

Unread post by kirnos »

If it has to be an space fighter, go for the Proctor. It is technically one, although it is more like a patrol ship.
But as Taalism said, if you have the article of tracer ships, use it, it is a really good one. I have used a couple of times for the players' ship and for some of the npcs. Works great.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Do you favor any faction? magical, phase tech.
Fighters are typically 1-2 man craft so if every one has there own ship that would be a good choice, larger ship may need a crew.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:And then you have the Space-/Star-ship construction tables in the AU:GG book. Which can be used to design Space- and Star-ships of all sizes.

I second this book.

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Last edited by The Beast on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Axelmania wrote:I would just go with a Runner's ship, those things are beasts with 6-sided shielding, LRM batteries.

I have always used this as a starting ship for players (2 or 3 players sharing each individual ship) and then used the Rifter #34 article 'Galactic Tracer Starship Creation Rules' to modify them reducing cargo capability as they add functions.

If you want an actual FTL fighter that can carry more than 1 person so they can carry something then the Black Eagle from Phase World Sourcebook is good.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”