Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Favorite occ at level 1

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

say652 wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
say652 wrote:Scarecrow says not recommended as a player character. .

And this is relevant to my vote...how?

You asked for people to post a favorite Race/OCC combination. the fact you wouldn't allow it as a GM dosn't really matter. I'm not playing in your game.

It's not, I know if I asked I could use your character idea no problem.
Just being an active munchkin the request seemed overpowered.

Psst. You think i'd actually let a player get away with that? I need some semblance of reason in my games :D

The Scarecrow Mystic Knight is my favorite platonic munchkin. it's not the most pew pew highest Megadamage DPS munchkin out there, but there's so many fun ways to play it the possibilities are endless.

I've never even considered actually playing one in a game though. Too inhuman.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

say652 wrote:Just grab one book, and boom character done.

Let's play, twenty minute character creation.
Gm,looks at book -_- "you're good" move along "Next"

The reason I am polling is in an attempt secure several new and returning players, the moon is in the seventh house type schedule lineup.

I am securing new players.
Who are experienced role players but new to Palladium.
These are requests I am trying to line up in advance.

Then you should make a topic that requests people to give their opinions on O.C.C.'s or R.C.C.'s that can be made from scratch by experienced role players who are new to Palladium in 20 minutes or less. That's a different question than asking for "favorite" level 1 O.C.C.'s. If you don't ask for something, you won't necessarily get it.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
42dragon
Explorer

Unread post by 42dragon »

Glistam wrote:
42dragon wrote:Werebeast (with GM approval) Psi-Slayer
or Temporal Wizard

Which werebeast would you choose? As a Psi-Slayer they become a P.P.E. vampire, which is quite intriguing for me to consider on a were creature.

Personnally I am partial to the cats. Jaguar or Leopard are great that they can blend in, in human guise pretty easily. And the PPE vampire angle makes mages and supernatural creatures your main targets. Allows you to work with a bunch of good aligned characters without too much trouble. Although if you really want to be hunting big game (dragons, demons, & deevils) the were-tiger packs one hell of a punch, if your GM allows the supernatural PS from CB1r.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

The major power gives supernatural strength and regrow limbs!
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

42dragon wrote:
Glistam wrote:
42dragon wrote:Werebeast (with GM approval) Psi-Slayer
or Temporal Wizard

Which werebeast would you choose? As a Psi-Slayer they become a P.P.E. vampire, which is quite intriguing for me to consider on a were creature.

Personnally I am partial to the cats. Jaguar or Leopard are great that they can blend in, in human guise pretty easily. And the PPE vampire angle makes mages and supernatural creatures your main targets. Allows you to work with a bunch of good aligned characters without too much trouble. Although if you really want to be hunting big game (dragons, demons, & deevils) the were-tiger packs one hell of a punch, if your GM allows the supernatural PS from CB1r.

Sounds pretty cool!

Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

Level 1 favorites thus far now include:

• Temporal Wizard
  • Zembahk Mind-worm
  • Body-Fixer, possibly with super powers
  • Cold Blooded
  • Scarecrow Mystic Knight
  • Were-tiger Psi-slayer

This is shaping up to be quite an interesting first-level party!

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:A Mystic Knight is impervious to all energy, specifically including fire, plasma, and magic fire.

Nekira Sudacne wrote:the mystic knights invunerability to energy specifically includes magic energy and magic fire

Mystic Knights take half damage from magically created energy, I figure that is an exception to their imperviousness, meaning they'd take 1/2 from Firebolt/ball/gout or whatev. This is a vulnerability in the OCC ability not present in the spell it shares a name with.

A scarecrow who got ahold of a permanent impervious to fire enchantment (you can get those from Pygmy Shamans) would be pretty tough though. You'd need to thieve that off him to remove his resistance.

I think the best option now would simply to make a Scarecrow into a Burster.

RMBp102 and WB12p49 the first RCC ability for the Burster still had them take 1/10 dmg from the impact of MD blame, but the Burster OCC on RUEp140, I no longer see that mentioned, so it seems like they're totally impervious now.

They are listed as having "any" OCC in Rifts, and I don't think the bit about 44% being latent/major psychics excludes selecting a master psionic OCC.

Even with this, you can still finish them off using a Fire Sword (Mystic Russia page 116) and prior to that, can whittle down their high MDC with stuff like Call Lightning.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Ed-Zero
D-Bee
Comment: >>Hear noise in closet
>>Open door
>>Dead boy pops out
>>Nope.rar.exe!

Unread post by Ed-Zero »

For anyone taking a class or race combination that makes them immortal or immune to all damage or even a damage type, i'd like to say one word:

Malvoren

This R.C.C. from dimension book 30 can use his P.P.E. to charge a weapon or mech suit he's sitting in, so that the weapons he fires bypass ALL immunities. No one is safe, not even scarecrow mystic knights or pyromancers.. Prepare to be burned! :x
I cheat to win and I win because I cheat.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Ed-Zero wrote:For anyone taking a class or race combination that makes them immortal or immune to all damage or even a damage type, i'd like to say one word:

Malvoren

This R.C.C. from dimension book 30 can use his P.P.E. to charge a weapon or mech suit he's sitting in, so that the weapons he fires bypass ALL immunities. No one is safe, not even scarecrow mystic knights or pyromancers.. Prepare to be burned! :x

Not all immunities.
Just makes it so the attack is treated as magic/psionic and thus hurts creatures that can be hurt by those attacks.
If you cant be hurt by magic or psionics then you can yawn at Malvoren too.

Of course the opposite is true as well.
No matter what you make, there is something out there somewhere or some set up that can beat it.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

I learned long ago that the harder a character is to kill, the harder folks will try to kill it.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

flatline wrote:I learned long ago that the harder a character is to kill, the harder folks will try to kill it.

--flatline

I learned a variation
The harder you try to prove that no one can hurt you....
...the harder people will work to prove you wrong.

Oddly the least hurt characters tend to be my middle of the roaders. No one raises an eyebrow when they are played, no one feels like they need to prove they are better, or that they can take them, and no special problems descend to face them.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Ed-Zero
D-Bee
Comment: >>Hear noise in closet
>>Open door
>>Dead boy pops out
>>Nope.rar.exe!

Unread post by Ed-Zero »

eliakon wrote:Not all immunities.
Just makes it so the attack is treated as magic/psionic and thus hurts creatures that can be hurt by those attacks.

Malvoren states:

A strange side effect of damage from a weapon melded with and powered by the Malvoren is that it will harm creatures normally immune to conventional weapons. Any creature that can be harmed by magic or psionics will take full damage even if they are normally immune to that type of damage. This even includes beings like Vampires, Werewolves, and even Cosmo-Knights!

This isn't saying that the attack is treated as if magic/psionic. It seems like it's almost giving contradictory statements:

1st half: A strange side effect of damage from a weapon melded with and powered by the Malvoren is that it will harm creatures normally immune to conventional weapons.

This is saying that even if someone is immune to fire, they can still be killed by a malvoren with a flamethrower or plasma or whatever it may be.

2nd half: Any creature that can be harmed by magic or psionics will take full damage even if they are normally immune to that type of damage. This even includes beings like Vampires, Werewolves, and even Cosmo-Knights!

This looks like it's backtracking a little in the first half of this saying "any creature that can be harmed by magic or psionics" will take full damage.. It's saying that unless you're immune to either magic or psionics, you can't bypass their resistance/immunity.

Let's look at the examples of creatures it gives:

Vampires:
Decapitation, Fire (limited) - Fire, smoke and heat have no effect on vampires. Not even plasma energy blasts or M.D. flames. Herbs, Holy Symbols/Cross, Magic (limited) - Ballistic Fire, Call Lightning, Dragon Fire, Electric Arc, Fire Ball, Meteor, Wall of Flame, etc., inflicts half damage direct to Hit Points. Creatures of magic that also possess Supernatural Strength inflict their full M.D. as Hit Point damage to vampires in physical. Note: Augmented and Robotic P.S . does no damage to vampires even if the ' Borg or 'Bot is capable of inflicting Mega-Damage., Spells, Techno-Wizardry, Psionics (limited), Silver, Soil (conditional), Sunlight, Water, Holy Water, Running Water, Rivers, Water Weapons, Wood, Wooden Stakes.

Powerful explosions, impacts, falls from great heights (100 feet/30.5 m or higher) and punches by giants, giant robots and super-strong creatures that inflicts a good amount of damage (31-200+ M.D.) may knock a vampire down, but do not inflict damage. Impervious to normal fires, heat and cold. Normal fire, smoke, heat and cold do no damage or injury to vampires. Magic fire and cold-based attacks as well as other magic energy attacks do half damage.

They're immune to all fire, but they take damage from MD Magic Damage. So in this case, if we have an SDC flamethrower and it is charged with the Malvorens ability, it bypasses the full immunity of the vampire. If they deal damage magically, it bypasses the partial immunity.

Werewolves:
Natural Armor Rating: Special! Like the vampire, the werebeast is invulnerable to virtually all weapons, including mega-damage energy weapons, explosives, bullets, fire, wood, and poison/drugs. However, also like vampires, werebeasts are vulnerable to ordinary silver. Weapons that have at least a 50% silver content inflict double damage to the supernatural things. Thus a silver-plated dagger, which normally inflicts 1D6 S.D.C. damage, inflicts 2D6 points of damage direct to the monster's hit points. Although werebeasts possess bio-regenerative powers, they are nothing like the vampires' so being bludgeoned or stabbed by silver can kill the creature without requiring decapitation and staking.

Limited invulnerability: See natural armor rating description. The creature is vulnerable to magic, psionic attack and weapons made of silver (double damage). Wolfbay and garlic will hold all werebeasts at bay, like a vampire, but the cross, sunlight and running water have no adverse effect. Powerful mega-damage attacks and explosions that inflict great amounts of damage may knock the creature down or stun it. Same Knockdown! Impact table as for vampires.

Werewolves are far nastier than Vampires in terms of immunities. They are vulnerable to magic/psionics and silver, but the Malvorens ability doesn't "convert" the attack to magic/psionics for terms of bypassing their immunities, it just sees if they have a weakness and adapts to it.

Cosmo-Knights:
Magic spells, circles, wards, weapons, potions, and attack of all kinds do normal damage, as do psionic and physical attacks like M.D. punches, rail guns, bullets, impact from a fall, and explosions.
Impervious to fire: All plasma, fire and heat attacks (except magic fire) do NO damage regardless of the mega-damage they may inflict. The knight can fly through the enveloping corona of a star, or the center of a thermo-nuclear bomb without taking damage!
All other non-magical energy attacks, including lasers, particle beams, ion beams, and other beam weapons do only ONE-HUNDREDTH damage; in other words, divide any energy damage by 100 before applying it to the character's M.D.C. total. That means that only the largest and most powerful energy weapons have even a prayer of harming a cosmo-knight. This resistance is one of the things that allow these warriors to battle spaceships single-handedly.

The subject of many discussions (are lasers fire attacks, etc etc).

Let's look at a Scarecrow Mystic Knight:
Natural Abilities (Scarecrow): Impervious to cold, heat and poison. Normal weapons do no damage. Likewise, they are impervious to magic that affects the human body, such as clouds and gases, paralysis, blind, mute, age, sickness, and even life drain. Only forceful magic attacks, such as Call Lightning, Fire Ball, Wind Rush, Magic Net, walls/barriers, all the fue spells, etc., can inflict
damage or impair movement.
Impervious to Energy! (Mystic Knight): The Mystic Knight is impervious to lasers, ion blasts, particle beams, plasma bolts, electricity, fire, heat and radiation. Magically created energy and ley line storms inflict half damage. Rune weapons, holy weapons, and most magical weapons of all kinds do full damage. Likewise, ordinary swords, clubs, spears, etc., as well as bullets, arrows, Vibro-Biades, thrown rocks, falls, punches and most kinetic based attacks, do full damage.

He's not immune to damage, which means that normally, the way you could kill the Scarecrow would be with fire. Coupled with the Mystic Knight, the Scarecrow becomes fully immune to dying...this way. In cases like this, being a Malvoren won't really help, except for the protection you get from being inside a mech and buffs like that. The most effective way to kill a scarecrow is to remove his soul with the Soul Drinking Rune Weapon property. Thanks to the Mystic Knight, we know that they take full damage from Rune Weapons. Other than that, i can't really think of a way to kill a Scarecrow Mystic Knight. Just in case that doesn't work for whatever reason, you'll have to dismember the scarecrow, put the limbs/head and chest into boxes and get someone to throw them into separate black holes. That will effectively end the character.. Unless you feel that the part about them reforming in 12 hours bypasses that. If so, then the Rune Weapon is really the only way I can think of.

Sorry about going on with this so long, just wanted to make sure that everyone knows a Mystic Scarecrow can die.
I cheat to win and I win because I cheat.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

eliakon wrote:
flatline wrote:I learned long ago that the harder a character is to kill, the harder folks will try to kill it.

--flatline

I learned a variation
The harder you try to prove that no one can hurt you....
...the harder people will work to prove you wrong.

Oddly the least hurt characters tend to be my middle of the roaders. No one raises an eyebrow when they are played, no one feels like they need to prove they are better, or that they can take them, and no special problems descend to face them.

Yeah, that's probably more accurate. I've had some pretty hard to kill characters in the past, but nobody knew they were hard to kill so nobody really tried.
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Ed-Zero wrote:

Malvoren states:

A strange side effect of damage from a weapon melded with and powered by the Malvoren is that it will harm creatures normally immune to conventional weapons. Any creature that can be harmed by magic or psionics will take full damage even if they are normally immune to that type of damage. This even includes beings like Vampires, Werewolves, and even Cosmo-Knights!

This isn't saying that the attack is treated as if magic/psionic. It seems like it's almost giving contradictory statements:

1st half: A strange side effect of damage from a weapon melded with and powered by the Malvoren is that it will harm creatures normally immune to conventional weapons.

This is saying that even if someone is immune to fire, they can still be killed by a malvoren with a flamethrower or plasma or whatever it may be.

2nd half: Any creature that can be harmed by magic or psionics will take full damage even if they are normally immune to that type of damage. This even includes beings like Vampires, Werewolves, and even Cosmo-Knights!

This looks like it's backtracking a little in the first half of this saying "any creature that can be harmed by magic or psionics" will take full damage.. It's saying that unless you're immune to either magic or psionics, you can't bypass their resistance/immunity.

That is one way of looking at it yes.
The other way is to look at it exactly as it is written.

If you are immune to conventional weapons then the Malvoren weapon is treated as being a magic/psionic weapon when it hits you.
if you are not a creature that can be harmed by magic nor psionics then you will not be harmed.
If it wanted to say it bypasses all immunities it could have said so (there is already an example of such text in game, which predates the Malvoren meaning that we already know that they can come right out and say this if they want to)
You could, of course play it anyway you like in your game....
...but I would say that the RAW is that those (very rare) creatures that are immune to normal weapons, and magic, and psionics are still immune to Malvoren. (Not that I can think of such a thing other than a Mulka and possibly certain types of builds using the super powers from Heroes Unlimited)

Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

Splugorth Witch ( Union )

-All magic and psychic powers of Splugorth at 1/3 level
-Good Mdc, Ps (SN), Big PPE , and ISP
-Impervious to mind Control and possession
-Extra power (lifetime pact)
-Belong to a Interdimensional Empire
-When stuck: A Voice in Your head telling you what to do or say
-Demonic Familiar
-Access places most Mortals Fear to Go ( Splugorth Controlled Areas)
-Sell stolen goods easily

-nuff' said :twisted:
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

eliakon wrote:
Ed-Zero wrote:

Malvoren states:

That is one way of looking at it yes.
The other way is to look at it exactly as it is written.

If you are immune to conventional weapons then the Malvoren weapon is treated as being a magic/psionic weapon when it hits you.
if you are not a creature that can be harmed by magic nor psionics then you will not be harmed.
If it wanted to say it bypasses all immunities it could have said so (there is already an example of such text in game, which predates the Malvoren meaning that we already know that they can come right out and say this if they want to)
You could, of course play it anyway you like in your game....
...but I would say that the RAW is that those (very rare) creatures that are immune to normal weapons, and magic, and psionics are still immune to Malvoren. (Not that I can think of such a thing other than a Mulka and possibly certain types of builds using the super powers from Heroes Unlimited)

A Keeper of the desert at level 12 can have both Immune to Magic and Immune to psionics, making both completely useless on them. For the third one, lets add in Supernatural Strength to keep them from being pinned easially and give him MDC.

Put them in a suit of Super Invention Battlesuit that has Invunerability (Immune to normal weapons that are not magical and psionic), and Bio-Aura (So that their natural abilities--such as immune to magic and psionics--extend to the suit).

Boom. Done. Perfect immunity to everything, as long as they never leave their armor again. :)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

say652 wrote:The Temporal wizard is great even leaving at first level, but the AutoDodge was the deciding factor for me.

Who needs auto-dodge when you can start with the ability to make scrolls/talismans of spells that give you auto-dodge?

Assuming there is one... wasn't there a juicer-ish spell in FoM? I can't remember if it gave it or not... just that it gave extra attacks.

About the werebeast issue...

I don't think Auto-Gs count as supernatural or creatures or magic so maybe they could get super-powers? They can then change to a werebeast...

Then again, I seem to recall something about shapeshifters not being allowed to get powers (CoM/superN or not) so maybe this wouldn't work....

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Also, the mystic knights invunerability to energy specifically includes magic energy and magic fire.

I'm pretty sure the 'magically created energy does half damage' part applies as an exception to their invulnerability to energy. They didn't remove that in FoMrevised did they?

So much like a Warlock, a Mystic Knight would still need the Impervious to Fire spell to protect himself from magical fire absolutely. Becoming a Fire Sorcerer from Mystic Russia could also work, they cast ItF for a mere 5 PPE, pretty nice.

Sadly since a scarecrow is supernatural they can't even permanence-ward themselves with it. There is an indefinite-duration Pygmy charm for the spell in Rifts Africa they might prefer to wear though. I'd keep a backup talisman on hand in case anyone stole the Charm to make you vulnerable though.
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

My favorite mundane char is a pleasurer race robo slammer occ (phase world race canada for the occ.)
Cool abilities out of armor, start with a good bot, interesting an unexpected usually the first time you steal a 32 million dollar robot and your gm hadnt planned for it.

I swear they never see it comming hahaha ......."wait your gonna steal the parked abolisher ?, but ahhhh sigh I thought you were just going to plant fusion blocks on it......"

Magic class is the shifter with a pact to a god of knowledge, spells galore, and so varied, you become such a tool box char , trade places tailismen, scroll, resurection ect.
Yeah you gotta do the dirty work for some ultra powerfull book worm but they seem to give the most for your devotion. Love the casual leaping into a rift or studying spells with a high mage becuase he needs what you got.
batlchip
Hero
Comment: Even the great thinkers and writers in history messed up sometimes.

Unread post by batlchip »

Hmm, Gonna hafta go with a Machine Person/Robot Slammer.Yeah its a bit of a munchkin but the character
Would still have some issues to deal with.
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
Zamion138
Hero

Ohhh for sure, as a gm I would give you bonus points for hacking in and stealing the robot too.
With the pleasurer though sneeking in is easier, getting caught leads to the gm having to roleplay sudection and sexuality with my hairy self.........usually comes down to...."Im not roleplaying this out, and you're a bad person for putting me in the position. "
Not that I blame them we always joke if you wanna role play sex there will be alot of graph paper needed and I promise you an STD.
batlchip
Hero
Comment: Even the great thinkers and writers in history messed up sometimes.

Unread post by batlchip »

Zamion138 wrote:Ohhh for sure, as a gm I would give you bonus points for hacking in and stealing the robot too.
With the pleasurer though sneeking in is easier, getting caught leads to the gm having to roleplay sudection and sexuality with my hairy self.........usually comes down to...."Im not roleplaying this out, and you're a bad person for putting me in the position. "
Not that I blame them we always joke if you wanna role play sex there will be alot of graph paper needed and I promise you an STD.

Ummm....not sure if MPs get STDs oh wait...computer virus.... :P :lol:
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
Zamion138
Hero

Carefull, cyber syphilis would explain archies strange behavior as of late
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

:lol:
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Honestly, I love the Sand Dragon hatchling, even at level one. There's just something about being obsessed with building sand castles, structures and monuments, and then being able to turn them into MD structures that I find appealing to play. I mean, I like dragon hatchlings in general, but the sand castles thing is just fun to play.

I'm still loving the Lemurian Oceanic Guardsman and Serpent Hunter as well. Excellent fighting classes, genetically engineered bodies, natural psionics, life-sense, great on land or underwater, Bio Armor (can think of it like self healing/ambient PPE and skin powered living power armor with supernatural PS), Bio weapons, and monstrous mounts. Then the Serpent hunter also gets anti-magic abilities from the Leviathan armor, they're good mage killers on top of great at hunting serpents.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

For anyone only remember the main book breeds, a list of Sea Dragons is presented on page 189 of World Book 32 Lemuria.

It begins on 208 with the Leviathan, though 209 says "not as intelligent as true dragons" so I'm not sure if any of the Sea Dragons count as "true" dragons.

Ghost Dragon on 211, Hydros Dragon on 215, Octo Dragon on 216, Sand Dragon on 219, being the final thing in the book before maps and adverts.

The Ghost/Hydros/Octo/Sand all have Hatchling/Adult dichotomy (the Leviathan doesn't) so maybe they are true dragons?
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Not particularly powerful by any means, but a True Atlantean Nomad can be a fun adventuring character. They have decent skills, a bit of magic, a bit of "extra", but are not all that powerful.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

CS Commando, great weapons and Armor, a MOS and a reasonable xp table.
Though the CS Special Forces is more skilled the xp table is a little larger.
ImpecableTimeing
D-Bee

Unread post by ImpecableTimeing »

My favorite ooc's have to be just a plain ole Headhunter out of RUE and the CS Special Forces. Though I've had a few awesome war knights
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Even with the difficult XP table, I think the Cyberknight is one of the best classes at level 1. Hordes of skills, great bonuses, you're never unarmed and chances are you've got some psionics aside your sword/shield/meditation to help you when things get tough. You might even be able to, if you're human, take a hit while unarmored if necessary.

Also, nothing says you can't get some awesome ranged weapons. :ok:
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Mechghost
Explorer

Unread post by Mechghost »

I just made a Mutant Snow Leopard Gunfighter and I think I would put it near the top of my list, along with a True Atlantean Robo-Slammer Headhunter.
"Did you find him?"
"Just the parts they didn't like..."
RubberBoot
D-Bee

Unread post by RubberBoot »

Mutant Bighorn Sheep Headhunter Assassin named RAMbo and obviously a jet pack :-D
ThreeBFour
D-Bee

Unread post by ThreeBFour »

Dogboy (Boxer) with the CS Military Specialist OCC was one of my favorites. The other, which I'm surprised no one has mentioned so far, was a Psi-Ghost. Hard to kill, but still limited.
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

Talus Battle Magus was a lot of fun... Auto-dodge, paired weapons, magic, excellent bonuses, and no body expects the tail...
As was my master psionic Reaver Assassin with zapper powers... Auto-dodge, paired weapons and psionics...

Damn back to work...
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

1. Dragon R.C.C.
2. Godling
3. True Atlantean Undead Slayer
4. Temporal Wizard
5. Full Conversion Borg
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Special Forces OCC from Mercenaries.
You get a boat load of combat skills, along with Pilot Power Armor, but the OCC Related skills are no joke as you're nearly unlimited in your skill selection. You can be an engineer to rival an Operator or Psi-tech and still have all the raw combat ability you need. Or you could select a whole bunch of science skills instead. About the only limitation is your medical skills are limited to Paramedic.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
IGNG
Wanderer

Unread post by IGNG »

I like herbalists/druids. Not because there is any hard level 1 cheese but you get a broad suite of powers and as an added bonus most of your abilities work through your party. They kinda slump after the party starts acquiring real resources but they never fall off hard.
VIsgar
Explorer
Comment: Reflux adept.

Unread post by VIsgar »

Arismal Operator

Major powers - Multiple selves
Mechano-link
Machine Merge

Any tech based skill he doesn't know he gets at level 9 proficiency. Skills he does know get +45% if tech related.
Fires tech like rifles or starcraft weapons with with hth and PP bonuses while merged.
At level 1 makes an extra copy of himself for any number of things R&D, repairs, piloting, cooking or anything I need a loyal minion to help with.

'Edit' Don't forget all the nice hacking/reprogramming abilities that comes with each tech super power.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”