what is the Uteni shifter???

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

zexsis
D-Bee

what is the Uteni shifter???

Unread post by zexsis »

I went around checking for information regarding how the Naruni dimensionally teleport,and since nothing is listed for their race specifically regarding being magic users I looked elsewhere. The breakdown in phase world states:

Racial Breakdown:
True Naruni (0. 1 %; less than 200,000)
Uteni Shifters (30%)

I then looked at the anvil galaxy book page 50-51 about the Uteni and get this.. Approximately 66% of all Uteni
simply go with their R.C.C., and the kicker.. Magic: None... know about but tend to avoid (so can they use it or cant they? how do they?)... relying instead on equally powerful technology.

Rifter 13 gives some ideas for the techno-shifter which has a dimensional teleportation option.. but why does a single idea span 3 books, but since rifters arent necessarily "canon" all the time, can we really say rifter 13 is an answer?

If 30% of Uteni are shifters, but 66% of them use the RCC skills and the rest use an OCC of something other than magic, how do those numbers work out... *sigh*..

Anyone else find this a tad funny and how does the naruni get around dimensionally(and no its not via center as they have only been there for a few centuries and are not native to it. whos to say there arent other Naruni corporations not discussed in totally different dimensions)?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: what is the Uteni shifter???

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

It's mentioned in Phase World and expanded on in Dimensional Outbreak that for a price, you can pay the promethians to open a Rift Gate to basically anywhere you want to go. Naruni have a major Headquarters on Center and the CEO lives there, and they leace a whole level for production and distribution warehouses, plus all the sattalight-space they need.

basically, I got the impression that Center IS their inderdimensional access. they don't actually have much native ability to travel interdimensionally beyond simply paying mercenary shifters to be "on call" for emergencies. for bulk shipments they simply use Center.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Nope, "Uteni shifter" is the name of the race, because they can effect minor shape changing tricks, not because of any affinity for the shifter OCC.
as mentioned in Mercs, a magic wielding Uteni is a complete freak, probably one who got severed from NE (and NE seems to employ the whole species, or nearly so)
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

They are rich. Probably hire unscrupulous elves from the UWW to port them about.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”