Mechanoids VS. Giant space robots

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Mechanoids VS. Giant space robots

Unread post by MrMom »

How come no one uses Giant space robots to attack the mechanoids. I mean you see ground based Giant Robots how come not Giant Space Robots
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Because Wasps go through them like a Wilks laser torch goes through butter.
R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

Yep, I somewhat agree with what The Beast said.

Most giant space robots lack the shields and loads of point defense weapons needed to deal with swarms of Wasps.

Some, on the other hand, would probably be the ones doing the butt kicking, especially if they had the proper offensive and defensive systems and were quite maneuverable in space (no gravity/air means just about anything can be made to fly good in space).

Generally speaking, super tech fighters would be better, typically the type that carry along one or two insanely larger heavily armored (and perhaps even shielded) anti-ship missiles of really large size, while backed up by ones packing weapon packs of absurd size in place of missiles in order to mop up Wasps left and right.

Although anything backed up by a specialized anti-fighter/anti-wasp weaponry would work really nice at getting past the wasps.
Never Give Up, Never Lose Hope, Never Surrender!
The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance!!
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.
Dr. Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
It is hard being alone.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

What you'd need is a system like the one found on the Galax-C robots. Which were found in the old First Comics series "Dynamo Joe."

The Galax-C's had the ability to absorb the energy from the enemies. And then turn it back on the enemy. The Galax-C's were far larger that the Battle Ram from Phase World. Think ....well ... right around factor of 20 when compared to Dynamo Joe units. Which are right around 130 feet tall. Just a thought. I know we are talking a lot of resources. But it was just a thought.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Rallan
Champion

Re: Mechanoids VS. Giant space robots

Unread post by Rallan »

MrMom wrote:How come no one uses Giant space robots to attack the mechanoids. I mean you see ground based Giant Robots how come not Giant Space Robots

Because giant space robots are even more stupidly impractical than other robots?

Seriously, why do you need to have a robot in space? Almost all combat will be conducted at extreme range by spacecraft moving as fast as they can. Legs will be useless for mobility, and there's nothing in the environment that you need arms to manipulate. All a robot does is add millions of credits to the cost of making stuff because of the fiddly robotic limbs, and give you a poorly armored unit because of its funny irregular shape and high surface area to volume ratio.
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Unread post by bigbobsr6000 »

I agree with most what has been said already. It would have to be extremely protected, extremely fast and have some kind of complete cloaking device to get near enough. And then have the firepower to do Gazillions of damage before itself was destroyed. If you want an squad or army of those, beyond the means in this setting, IMO, to be accomplished.
Mephisto: You have some morbid fantasies. I like it (okay)
pblackcrow:"If anyone deserves this it's you! (thwak) LOL...All in fun."
Natasha: Bob you're deadly. I like it.
Misfit KotLD: You're Gamer Bi-Polar.
Sanford: Excellent concept, Big Bob!
sasha: I think Bob gets the JUST A GAME award....for life.
Jerell: You sir, are ruthless, and that is why I like you.
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

Not all robots are humanoids.
bradshaw
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Gin and Tonic

Re:

Unread post by bradshaw »

MrMom wrote:Not all robots are humanoids.

Right, I would agree While the Mecaniods are super badass Killer robots that mimic a Wasp could be used in space battles against the invasions. Or why not a robot that is just a space mine? 8-)
Dames, Droids, Drinking and Damnnation
Aramanthus
Monk

Re: Mechanoids VS. Giant space robots

Unread post by Aramanthus »

They might be nasty. And they might out number us generally, but we can still kill them in the millions!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE

Return to “The Mechanoids®”