The date slips again

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Re: The date slips again

Unread post by Sureshot »

Why even bother including it in a press release in the first place? Once gain this company shows us that they try to publish too much when they don't have the resources to publish too much. My response to the summer or fall release: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

I have no idea what my reaction will be when or if this book actually ever comes out.

Bet I'll have fun with it (the mere fact of it's release), though.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

So wait, you're saying that the bit in the Rifts Mechanoids sourcebook about it being "tentatively scheduled for 1994" was a big fat LIE? Say it ain't so!

Rallan
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

It could very well be true, there just might be a digit or two in front of it first...
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

PhishStyx wrote:So that'd be 91994?

Yea, about.

Sometime after the point where we have actual Mechanoids.
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Just so you know, Palladium is not the only company that is behind on its releases. Eden Studios has a whole spate of books (about six or seven) that were announced two years ago that have still to see the light of day.
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

Mike Taylor wrote:Just so you know, Palladium is not the only company that is behind on its releases. Eden Studios has a whole spate of books (about six or seven) that were announced two years ago that have still to see the light of day.

I would like to note that most of these never had release dates attached to them- they were just being announced as 'in the works' a year or two ago.

Mechanoids has had many actual releases dates of 'next year', or 'spring/summer/fall of X'. And most of the Palladium ones that got 'pushed back' have been more actively put on haitus 'until a new author shows up' or mentioned as being a low-priority, i.e. they're cancelled in all but name (and sometimes in name) for most of those years.
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

I don't think this game is going to see the light of day. If it does it will be far too late for anybody to be really intersted. At least in my opinion.

As for the April 2005 release date all I will say to that is:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

at this point, the only thing that could really got this and other promised books out is someone other then Big Kev taking over the company, but that would probabbly ruin palladium books in general.

so, in the meantime, I think my time would be better spent preparing for a REAL invasion of teh mechoids than buying the book, at least then theres a calcualbe chance that it mgiht pay off :)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

Starting to believe they are working with Blizzard Entertainment :lol:
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
Capt. Meschievitz
Explorer
Comment: You are the greatest project you will ever work on... never give up.

Unread post by Capt. Meschievitz »

Dumb Dee Dumb
after 20 odd years of the same character time has come......
Capt. Meschievitz
Explorer
Comment: You are the greatest project you will ever work on... never give up.

Unread post by Capt. Meschievitz »

Dumb dee dumb.....

yeah still waiting
after 20 odd years of the same character time has come......
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

guys i just recieved word of Mechinoid Space's release date....

same time as Duke Nukem: Forever
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Rayven
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rayven »

And here we are, three years after this thread got started, and the online catalogue still has it listed as "Pre-Order Only."

This makes it, what, 13 years late now? And we've had at least 2 completely new games, as well as revised and updated versions of 4 other games since Mechanoids Space was originally announced.
My Sig Box wrote:Welcome to my pants.~JM_Zen
Prepare to die, rebel scum.~Prettz
That's awesome, you get the Geronimo Award for Customer Service.~Geronimo
My eyelids aren't fat! They're big boned!~Zerebus
listen to Rayven.~Becky
Eating tacos with a friend doesnt make you gay.~Cherico

897 Geek points
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

Rayven wrote:And here we are, three years after this thread got started, and the online catalogue still has it listed as "Pre-Order Only."

This makes it, what, 13 years late now? And we've had at least 2 completely new games, as well as revised and updated versions of 4 other games since Mechanoids Space was originally announced.

You know thats not even the worst part about this whole thing ...

Whats the worst part?

... well if you have to ask you must not be loyalist and probably don't expect this book to ever be released anyway.

NOTE FOR Rayven: I know it might appear that I am tossing spit at you and saying you aren't a loyalist, I am not, I am quoting you only for the first line I wrote and I believe you are loyal. The rest of the post is for the people who have given up or believe the book will never see print.

EDIT: Decided to reveal the worst part as I realized I'm one of the few that will be able to answer the question in the first place :-? The worst part is I (and a select few others) are still waiting anxiously for the book to be released. I know I used loyalist up there when I probably should have hopelessly naive loyalist instead but I do think this book is coming I wait still ...
Rayven
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rayven »

duck-foot wrote:
Chaos wrote:
Rayven wrote:And here we are, three years after this thread got started, and the online catalogue still has it listed as "Pre-Order Only."

Whats the worst part?

... well if you have to ask you must not be loyalist and probably don't expect this book to ever be released anyway.

NOTE FOR Rayven: I know it might appear that I am tossing spit at you and saying you aren't a loyalist, I am not, I am quoting you only for the first line I wrote and I believe you are loyal. The rest of the post is for the people who have given up or believe the book will never see print.

EDIT: Decided to reveal the worst part as I realized I'm one of the few that will be able to answer the question in the first place :-? The worst part is I (and a select few others) are still waiting anxiously for the book to be released. I know I used loyalist up there when I probably should have hopelessly naive loyalist instead but I do think this book is coming I wait still ...

the book will be out. and ill by it for my kid on his 12th birthday on the first day its realased. 20 years from now.

Even though I have been waiting for this book for 10 years, I don't think I am willing to wait another 20. I'll give it about 6 more before I give up entirely
listen to Rayven.~Becky

897 Geek points
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

Rayven wrote:
duck-foot wrote:
Chaos wrote:

Whats the worst part?

the book will be out. and ill by it for my kid on his 12th birthday on the first day its realased. 20 years from now.

Even though I have been waiting for this book for 10 years, I don't think I am willing to wait another 20. I'll give it about 6 more before I give up entirely

:ok: I knew I could count on a few of you to stand here with me for at least a little while longer :D I might have to give up myself at the 20 year mark but I'll figure that out when I get there. Anyway thanks for keeping me company, maybe Big Kev will look down and see us here and remember to get back on it :D
Robroy
Explorer

Unread post by Robroy »

guess I will wait here to, at least I got some like minded company.
"Where ever you go, there you are"-Buckaroo Banzai

"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu
MASTERMIND
Adventurer
Comment: I game... Therefore I am...

Unread post by MASTERMIND »

Wow, who keeps digging this one up? lol
DocS
Adventurer

Unread post by DocS »

This thread is the constant reminder of what could have been but what never was. The echoes of a long lost gamer-ian legend.
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Unread post by wolfsgrin »

wow! i admire tenacity of this thread group :lol: . i'll join. maybe if we can get more to sit here on this thread the great K could lay some ink down.
and boo to the nay sayers. lol :P
Lord Malachdrim
Wanderer

Unread post by Lord Malachdrim »

I've been looking forward to this for sometime (though mostly to see how well my old Robotech group would fare against the mechanoids).
Never let the facts get in the way of a good grudge.
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

The sad thing is... I'm still anxiously awaiting it's release, reading my Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy over and over.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I got to play in Carl Gleba's Mechanoids game at the Open House.

He's been updating the mechanoid stats and coming up with some new gear, and he used the Open House to playtest some of it.

It was a blast! :-D
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Check the latest press release folks :-D

Carl
ImageImage
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Carl Gleba wrote:Check the latest press release folks :-D

Carl

Could The Mechanoids® be in your future?

That Publisher Guy, again. Don’t get too excited, but I’ve talked to Carl “I love the Mechanoids” Gleba, and we are tentatively talking about working on this RPG and a sourcebook or two, together, for release next year. I figure if I have Carl doing half, and bugging me to do my half, I can finally get this bad boy DONE. Carl has an excellent grasp on the Mechanoids and we both enjoy working together, so this seems like a good plan. Of course, we couldn’t start on it till early 2008, making it a likely Summer or Fall 2008 release. And no promises.

Nice!

Let me know if you want any help, input or ideas. :-D
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Rayven
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rayven »

duck-foot wrote:well thats good. its a maybe, but i tell what im iching for. warpath: urban jungle, triax-2 and au" atorian empire. i want mech space, but i can wait.

[sarcasm]HEATHEN!!!![/sarcasm] Mechanoids Space was announced LONG before any of those other books, so it should logically come out before them
listen to Rayven.~Becky

897 Geek points
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Wow. This thread is still going?

Oh, those Eden books I mentioned above? Still not out. ;) :p
bradshaw
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Gin and Tonic

Unread post by bradshaw »

if Mechanoid space was released in Rifters for three to four would anyone buy it? 8-)
Dames, Droids, Drinking and Damnnation
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

Shadevarr wrote:I've added purchasing Mechanoids: Space to my list of "things that will mark the coming of the apocalypse"

yeah, together with the release of "Chinese Democracy" by GNR. :D
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Carl Gleba is going to work on that as soon as the Minion War is done. Be patient. Palladium can only publish so much in times like these. And we can only purchase so much in the same times. So relax. He has some great ideas that are going to put to paper soon enough. He already has ideas, and he probably has notes.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Aramanthus wrote:Carl Gleba is going to work on that as soon as the Minion War is done. Be patient. Palladium can only publish so much in times like these. And we can only purchase so much in the same times. So relax. He has some great ideas that are going to put to paper soon enough. He already has ideas, and he probably has notes.

...and the writers need time to finish current projects, take a breath, and then write some more.... I need a nap!
ImageImage
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

Vidynn wrote:
Shadevarr wrote:I've added purchasing Mechanoids: Space to my list of "things that will mark the coming of the apocalypse"

Chinese Democracy by GNR. Check.
Mechanoids: Space, being worked on by Carl Gleba. Not Quite a Check, but getting there.
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

dont worry we will see it BY 12/12/12 ,that when the fun will begin.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Aramanthus wrote:Carl Gleba is going to work on that as soon as the Minion War is done. Be patient. Palladium can only publish so much in times like these. And we can only purchase so much in the same times. So relax. He has some great ideas that are going to put to paper soon enough. He already has ideas, and he probably has notes.

Meh. This isn't the first time in the last fourteen years we've heard that. After fourteen years of "we're so totally getting started on Mechanoid Space right after this!", I think it's safe to say nobody's gonna be holding their breath while they wait this time around :)
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

devillin wrote:
Vidynn wrote:

Chinese Democracy by GNR. Check.
Mechanoids: Space, being worked on by Carl Gleba. Not Quite a Check, but getting there.

So does this mean that Mechanoid Space is now taking longer to release than Chinese Democracy? I'm not sure when work on either one of them began, all I know is that they were both started sometime in the mid '90s.
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

The Beast wrote:So does this mean that Mechanoid Space is now taking longer to release than Chinese Democracy? I'm not sure when work on either one of them began, all I know is that they were both started sometime in the mid '90s.

GNR started work on Chinese Democracy in 1994 and released it in 2008...dunno about Mechanoids Space, but yeah, mid 90s sounds reasonable.

so, bring it on, Horsemen of the Apocalypse! :D
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Carl responded right after my previous post. He even said he's going to work on it. Just be patient. It'll eventually be available for us.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE

Return to “The Mechanoids®”