Range/Speed/other ship criteria vs AU/Phase/Robotech/TMNTgal

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Range/Speed/other ship criteria vs AU/Phase/Robotech/TMNTgal

Unread post by Tor »

I'm not as familiar with Mechanoid or Aliens-Unlimited stuff as I am with the stuff in Rifts Dimension Books 2+3, anyone have opinions regarding strategic importance of the speed or range of vehicles?

I think these often get ignored due to SDC settings but since Rifts stuff turns SDC in SDC dimensions anyway, I think more attention ought to be paid to the benefit of having longer-ranged weapons to strike with impunity (no counter-shots) or higher speeds to flee before someone can advance within range to attack with their weapons
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Range/Speed/other ship criteria vs AU/Phase/Robotech/TMN

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I address this in my Rifter0.1 article on Mechanoids - but in regards to hand weapons in Mechanoids. The ranges are huge, but the shots per weapon are low and I argue against Kevin's suggestion to alter this. I like the idea of deeply long range energy weapons, especially necessary in a fight against Mechanoids.

As for vehicle speeds, I don't know if those stats from Mechanoids Invasion were changed for Rifts Mechanoids.

In my own games, Mechanoid Wasps are insanely frightening. They are incredibly fast and highly manueverable with long range guns. They are the ultimate hunter killers. PCs are fired upon before they know they are under attack and the foe is gone before they can counterattack.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Re: Range/Speed/other ship criteria vs AU/Phase/Robotech/TMN

Unread post by Tor »

The highest-range weapons in Phase World are the main guns of the biggest ships in Dimension Book 3, just wondering how they measure up to the top-tier of the Aliens Unlimited or Mechanoids or Robotech universes.

If a ship has an unlimited-ammo weapon and the longest range and the highest speed then I think they could possibly win any battle so long as they have room to maneuver and can detect their opponent and the weapon can inflict damage faster than the shields can regen.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “The Mechanoids®”