dyson sphere stellar recharge

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kakuma
Wanderer
Comment: ""It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of saphoo that thoughts acquire speed, The lips acquire stain, The stain becomes a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.""

dyson sphere stellar recharge

Unread post by Kakuma »

Heard something on the sci channel about lithium found in a star that got there from a gas giant that was consumed by the host star at some point. So that got me thinking if you had a civilization advanced enough to build a dyson sphere they face the problem of the "host" star at the center "burning out" what do they do. Open up and swallow a new star? What about collecting gas giants like Jupiter for their metallic hydrogen cores to refuel the star?
Would like to hear from ya'll on the idea. Put it under mechanoids because of the tech level. If you think it should go under a different fourm feel free to move it.
:-)
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."
Armorlord
Hero

Re: dyson sphere stellar recharge

Unread post by Armorlord »

At that level, stellar engineering is a real possibility, siphoning off materials from the star and feeding in materials taken from gas giants, or other stars, should be a feasible solution for solar management.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Armorlord wrote:At that level, stellar engineering is a real possibility, siphoning off materials from the star and feeding in materials taken from gas giants, or other stars, should be a feasible solution for solar management.

Yup.

Also, for laughs, random people that you don't like.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

I have read that there are several 'types' of Dyson Sphere(s)...
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

If you can build a dysun sphere refueling a star or moving a dysun sphere shouldnt be to much of a hardship. the hard part is getting it in place safely I would imagine

Return to “The Mechanoids®”