Minis!

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rubio
D-Bee
Comment: Just some guy

Minis!

Unread post by Rubio »

Some players just refuse to imagine things. Some players absolutely insist on visual representations. They've been spoiled by too many sessions with a GM who has tons and tons and tons of little miniatures to use. Sheesh.
But since I have to game with these guys, I have to adapt.
What sorts of miniatures would be used to represent various types of Mechanoids(r)? I couldn't see any that have been sculpted by PB. Any similar looking heroclix or star wars minis, or something else? Suggestions?
"Fungah! Foiled again!"
-Bowser

"This is starting to **** me off!
Does this place have a never-ending supply of weird stuff!?"
-Susano Orbatos, Orion
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Re: Minis!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Battle tech mechs? Or any minis of mechs?

Carl
ImageImage
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

The cheapest option is to visit RPGnow and look for the printable minis. They have several lines of Sci-Fi and Robotic minis. You buy the PDF, print out the minis on decent cardstock and then cut and fold. You can get plastic stands at most model shops. They are light and portable, but damage easily. But hey, you just print out a new batch.

Have you considered Legos? I have a friend whose GM uses them exclusively. Everyone even "builds" their own character! Its an investment, but the versatility can not be beat.

If you have 99 cent store nearby, go check out their toy dept. I occassionally find very weird, very cool Asian imports that make great figs. Last year, I got 6 guys in power armor for $1. Of course, they look like fat dwarven robots, but they work fine!

Mage Knight had a surprisingly good line of robotic minis. They are cheap, plastic and pre-painted. If you want to spend some cash, I highly recommend looking at AT-43. They have a very impressive line of pre-painted plastics. If you are into painting minis, then consider the Warhammer 40k line of Necrons.

Mage Knight Galleries (look for Atlantis or Atlantean figs)
http://www.wizkidsgames.com/mageknight/ ... allery.asp

AT-43 (look for Therians)
http://www.rackham.fr

Warhammer 40k (look for Necrons)
http://www.games-workshop.com
Rubio
D-Bee
Comment: Just some guy

Unread post by Rubio »

Spinachcat wrote:The cheapest option is to visit RPGnow and look for the printable minis. They have several lines of Sci-Fi and Robotic minis. You buy the PDF, print out the minis on decent cardstock and then cut and fold. You can get plastic stands at most model shops. They are light and portable, but damage easily. But hey, you just print out a new batch.

Thought about it, but it won't fly with the group I'm thinking of

Spinachcat wrote:Have you considered Legos? I have a friend whose GM uses them exclusively. Everyone even "builds" their own character! Its an investment, but the versatility can not be beat.

I think my wife will kill me if she finds any more of my little toys lying around...

Spinachcat wrote:Mage Knight had a surprisingly good line of robotic minis. They are cheap, plastic and pre-painted. If you want to spend some cash, I highly recommend looking at AT-43. They have a very impressive line of pre-painted plastics. If you are into painting minis, then consider the Warhammer 40k line of Necrons.

Sweeeeeet.

Spinachcat wrote:Warhammer 40k (look for Necrons)
http://www.games-workshop.com

No! Mustn't give GW any more of my money! They bled me dry for years when I was a teenager! Can't that be enough!? They're trying to suck me back in! It's a conspiracy I tell ya!
...or not.

Thanks for the info, dude.
"Fungah! Foiled again!"
-Bowser

"This is starting to **** me off!
Does this place have a never-ending supply of weird stuff!?"
-Susano Orbatos, Orion

Return to “The Mechanoids®”