Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » Megaverse phpBB Bugs/Wish List

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:47 pm

Palladin

Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.
Normally when I have seen threads locked in the past, the admin who does so usually makes a reply to the thread to claim accountability for it. This is helpful as then they can be contacted with any questions if there is confusion regarding the closure (even though a closing statement itself usually helps explain a bundle of that to begin with).

In cases where a thread is locked but an admin doesn't make a closing comment, I am wondering if some kind of process exists to make inquiries into it.

Like should we use the 'report' function on the thread? Or could there be a thread/forum dedicated to this purpose?

In this case this thread was locked viewtopic.php?f=28&t=147157 and there was not a closing reply by an admin after Eliakon replied last, so I do not know who to contact to make an inquiry.

I would like to know specifics like: was it closed for deviating too far from discussion of Erin Tarn into discussion of the CS? Or did discussion of whether CS was genocidal stray too close to IRL things?

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:25 pm

OLD ONE

Comment: PROUDLY Not a member of the "Cabal of 24"
PM a moderator or Admin [me]
In this case, I did not lock the thread. Records indicate that it was Jefffar.
He may have nipped it in the butt for now and plan to edit and add a reason later.

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
Palladium Books 2015 Robotech RPG Tactics Tournament Rules

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:17 am

Supreme Being

Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.
Regrettably my paying job and plans for a wedding have eaten up most of my time and I had to lock and run hoping to return to it when I had time, which may be sometime before the turn of the century.

Dead Boy wrote:
All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:00 pm

Palladin

Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.
Mkay. 2400 is 114 PA I think.