Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » Megaverse phpBB Bugs/Wish List

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:35 am

Palladin

Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.
This complaint falls under "problems with the board in general" as specified in the description visible at viewforum.php?f=62

It pertains to the rules at:

http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/v ... 1&t=104657

Quote:
Please read the following rules explaining what is not allowed on our message boards.

1. SPAM

Quote:
Another kind of SPAM is worthless posts that have but one sentence and "explain" nothing. Please note the keyword "explain." If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste. If the thread starter wants that simple of an opinion, he may start a Poll.

If non-explaining single-sentence posts are 'worthless' then non-explaining single-WORD posts sound even more worthless to me.

I request that admins of the boards enforce this rule more regularly and delete posts and warn users who do this stuff, it doesn't have to be serious but there should be SOME kind of consequence for doing this to compel the quality of posts to improve.

I bet I've done this too, and want to be punished for it if anyone notices it.

If this rule is not going to be enforced then I think the rules should be changed and this should be removed and demoted to a mere 'guideline'. It's misleading to call something a rule and then not enforce it.

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:51 pm

Monk

Comment: The Munchkin Fairy
If you think you see an infaction of a rule, there is a report button under every post that you can click. Pick SPAM from the drop down menu and a breif discription of why you think it is and a moderator will see it and investigate. The moderators cannot read every thread and rely on posters to report rule violations where they see it.

Also, if you want to be punished, the report button also appears with your posts and you can always report yourself... :D

Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:06 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

This has been agravating to me as well in the past. There was one gentleman who as a way of getting his status for posting and replying up would continuously post 'Arise, arise ye dead thread'. Not posting anything in a contributory manner. Just making sure he could always up his count. This was rather frustrating and not helpful in the slightest. I know I don't post often on here but, I would expect constructive commentary instead of snarky commentary. Is there a way to get around this or just suffer through the trolling?

Unread postPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:08 pm

Monk

Comment: The Munchkin Fairy
mellowmaveric wrote:
This has been agravating to me as well in the past. There was one gentleman who as a way of getting his status for posting and replying up would continuously post 'Arise, arise ye dead thread'. Not posting anything in a contributory manner. Just making sure he could always up his count. This was rather frustrating and not helpful in the slightest. I know I don't post often on here but, I would expect constructive commentary instead of snarky commentary. Is there a way to get around this or just suffer through the trolling?

As I said, either reporting the issue or PMing directly to a moderator is the most effective ways to point out stuff like that.

Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon