Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » Megaverse phpBB Bugs/Wish List

Post subject: Wish List items.
Unread postPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:58 am

Adventurer

1) How about a Book of Skills like what you did with the Book of Magic that has all of the skills from all the books in one place.

2) How about a Psionics Handbook again, like what you did with the Book of Magic, but with all the psionic/psychic abilities.

3) Modernize a new book of weapons for the contemporary games. The last modern weapon's book you guys released was back in the 90's. Those firearms and weapons are a bit outdated, so a new, up to date version of a Weapons & Equipment Guide would be great.

4) Since Tome Grotesque is never being released, how about a big book Monster Compendium that can stretch over several books (like no more than 4).

5) Lastly how about a Character Creation Sourcebook with tips and more random tables you can shake a stick at tables for creating interesting backgrounds for characters, rounding out characters, and ideas to help players really flesh out their PCs and NPCs, and maybe throw in an agency creation section like the one in Boxed Nightmares or N&S. It would be a sourcebook that can be used for any Palladium game system.

Those are my ideas, hope you like them. :)

When an ocean can destroy an entire city.

Post subject: Re: Wish List items.
Unread postPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:09 am

Monk

1) The 'Rifter Zero' in the drive through RPG has a 'master list of skills' in it, and RUE's skill list is complete (mostly) for Rifts.

2) RUE and the RGMG have all the non-racial psi powers (of the standard variations). Of the non standard variations there is only the ones found in the BTS 2nd ed book.

3) Agrees, to a point. Maybe just a Supplemental book rather then a revised book. Maybe with the updated Armor Penetration Rules in it.

4) no comment.

5) Character creation tips….These have been being published in the Rifters since the single digits. Maybe a Rifter compilation of char creation articles.

What I would like to see.
6) An official master list of char classes that ignore all the style filters that :crane: up things by causing a class not to be listed as what it IS. And list job classes as OCC's, psionic classes as PCC's , and the racially restricted classes & racially mandatory classes as RCCs.

7) An expanded and comprehensive combat explanation book that talks about how the plethora of combat rules, martial arts forms & H2Hs, and WP & skills interact with each other. The basic rules that are found in each of the main books is just not enough.
Example: lately there was an argument/discussion about whether similar WP stack together if a weapons seams to fall into both of the WPs. But there is no official word that specifically covers this. not in the main books nor in any of the canon Q&As that cover combat.

Mostly I write out exactly what I mean, then sometimes get even more finicky.

My Artwork

Unread postPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:08 am

Adventurer

Argghhh...don't get me started on the what happened to the combat system. It went from simple (PFRPG 1st Edition) to , well I don't know what. It started getting to complicated and overpowered for my taste, and then with like how many different ones now? LIke between the core books, N&S, Mystic China, and I don't know how many others there has to be like 30 or more different combat types. That just isn't necessary in my opinion, just stick with two - Basic and Advanced - that's it. If you want to get all fancy go and include a Master combat type too. And just keep it simple - you know just like attack, defend, initiative, damage, done!

However a Combat Compendium would be nice to have all the combat and weapon proficiencies in one place.

All these one shot book ideas that I am suggesting are to simplify things for players and GMs who just want to grab one book and have everything at their fingertips without having to search and re-search through dozens of books for all the info for what they need.

When an ocean can destroy an entire city.

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:31 pm

Explorer

Downloadable character sheets for Dead Reign