Containment Fabrication

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Containment Fabrication

Unread post by Library Ogre »

So, how do you figure the Containment Fabrication Gizmoteer skill program interacts with modern 3d Printing?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Containment Fabrication

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I am going to presume you mean to make a new Skill Program because I have my book out in front of me and can't find such a S.P.

I would think that a new current day (2017's update) Giz.S.P. that focused on fabricating parts would include a CCN programing skill for programing milling and 3D printing devices.

Yes, I would have it a separate skill from 'computer programing' because it is a specialized use skill.

--------------------

I am also wondering if you mean ""how does the BGCS interacts with 2017's "modern" fabrication tech?""
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Looking at the program (its on page 31 Drew)...
I would, personally, grant it Computer Programing (3-D Printer Templates) +20%

Of course I also, personally think all of the Gizzmoteer programs should get Jury Rig, Recycle, and Salvage at +20% as well so I might be overly generous with skills.

In any event I would say that they are going to be pretty skilled at designing new containers (its their program after all) and that the specific tool doesn't matter all that much. Putting a gizmo in a printed object is a "fabrication" after all.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

eliakon wrote:Looking at the program (its on page 31 Drew)...
I would, personally, grant it Computer Programing (3-D Printer Templates) +20%

Of course I also, personally think all of the Gizmoteer programs should get Jury Rig, Recycle, and Salvage at +20% as well so I might be overly generous with skills.

In any event I would say that they are going to be pretty skilled at designing new containers (its their program after all) and that the specific tool doesn't matter all that much. Putting a gizmo in a printed object is a "fabrication" after all.

I see it now.

*shakes head & shrugs*
I sort of agree with Eli if one is talking about a game set in the present day (2010+) But not for a game that takes place in the 60's-70's era.

It is easier for GMs to make these changes to the game then for a canon revisement of the N&S mainbook, because it would change the time period of the game. If done in a time period scourcbooks I can see it happening because the whole reason for the updating book is to change things to reflect the time period being presented. I would hesitate suggesting such an update as a Rifter Article, but there are speed and fractur'ability (episodic/chapters/parts) RAs can do that a sourcebook would have trouble doing. Like having updates for the 80's, 90's, 00's, and 10's in different rifters issues.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”