designing your favorite martial artist

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

foilfodder
Explorer

designing your favorite martial artist

Unread post by foilfodder »

Who is your favorite martial artist (real or fictional) and how would you design an original character inspired by them?

Examples:

Jackie Chan
Nimble martial artist who seems to always know where to move before the opponent even makes the attack.
Primary Form: Jeet Kun Do OR Drunken Style
Martial Art Powers: Awareness, Art of Evasion
Additional Skill Choices: Gymnastics, Acrobatics, and Performance
Last edited by foilfodder on Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Palladium System F.A.Q.s - viewforum.php?f=44
Find out you've been doing it wrong for years!
Nightmask
Palladin

Re: designing your favorite martial artist

Unread post by Nightmask »

While a nice question it probably violates the No Conversions policy in the forum rules.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
foilfodder
Explorer

Nightmask wrote:While a nice question it probably violates the No Conversions policy in the forum rules.

I'll have to disagree with you on that thought. Conversion would be from one game system to another. Example - if I took materials from my Star Wars or Shadowrun RPG and began posting stats for characters like Han Solo, abilities like Jedi Powers or other materials from those game systems in a Palladium RPG format.

Particularly regarding real-life persons, there is no "conversion" involved. If someone were to say for example, "In the Chuck Norris RPG, Chuck has stats A, B, and C, so you should give him X, Y and Z from Ninja's and Superspies..." that would be a Conversion and against the rules. However, Chuck Norris does not have his own RPG line to the best of my knowledge...sorry fanboys/girls, just an example.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

foilfodder wrote:
Nightmask wrote:While a nice question it probably violates the No Conversions policy in the forum rules.

I'll have to disagree with you on that thought. Conversion would be from one game system to another. Example - if I took materials from my Star Wars or Shadowrun RPG and began posting stats for characters like Han Solo, abilities like Jedi Powers or other materials from those game systems in a Palladium RPG format.

Particularly regarding real-life persons, there is no "conversion" involved. If someone were to say for example, "In the Chuck Norris RPG, Chuck has stats A, B, and C, so you should give him X, Y and Z from Ninja's and Superspies..." that would be a Conversion and against the rules. However, Chuck Norris does not have his own RPG line to the best of my knowledge...sorry fanboys/girls, just an example.

You should reread things because 'No Conversions' applies to ANY intellectual property out there, which would mean no converting Chun Li from Street Fighter to the Palladium system, at least not in the forums. It's not restricted just to converting something from another game system.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
foilfodder
Explorer

Nightmask wrote:
foilfodder wrote:

You should reread things because 'No Conversions' applies to ANY intellectual property out there, which would mean no converting Chun Li from Street Fighter to the Palladium system, at least not in the forums. It's not restricted just to converting something from another game system.

You mean this? http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/v ... 1&t=104657
Posting the conversion (adaptation) of non-Palladium intellectual property to the Palladium Books game system will not be tolerated. Sorry. And in the same way,
Palladium property may not be converted to other game systems. For a longer explanation of this policy, read on.

While it says read on, the only section past that is 7. which discusses specifics of Palladium's intellectual properties. However, in the interest of actually having this thread be a creative inspiration rather than conversation that would bore law students...."poof", Chun Li is gone. I do appreciate your assistance with forums rules. If you have no further objections to the content of the post I would appreciate actual creative thoughts on the post subject if you have any.
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

How is writing up an ACTUAL PERSON a policy violation? JFC!
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Trooper Jim wrote:How is writing up an ACTUAL PERSON a policy violation? JFC!

The original post said "real or fictional." It's that last part that's in violation.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”