"including Advanced"

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

"including Advanced"

Unread post by Axelmania »

Is it mandatory for this to be mentioned for the advanced categories of chi categories in Mystic China to be available?

I get the impression this is so based on the contrast between it saying that at all, that 'advanced' doesn't need to be explicitly banned to be ruled out, but that it's ruled out by default and you can't get it unless it's ruled in.

The Hu Ching Fox Spirit (page 55) for example I don't see any mention of advanced powers made available, so does this mean they can only select from the powers in the main rulebook of Ninjas and Superspies?
Nightmask
Palladin

Re: "including Advanced"

Unread post by Nightmask »

Obviously yes it's necessary that it be stated since there are two categories, the basic and advanced, there'd be no reason to say 'including advanced' if advanced were also available. There wouldn't even be a reason for an advanced category if they were all available anyway.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

What are ways for the Foxes to get advanced Chi Mastery? Some that come to mind...

1) be an Immortal of Sleep (page 116) go through 2 profound sleeps
2) be an Enlightened Immortal (page 128) who has Second Time Refined (Riding the White Crane)
3) use multi-classing rules from online errata to switch to an OCC which can learn a martial art (Foxes can only get Basic via secondary skills) that provides Advanced
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

That's a lot of skills for the OCC swap, just to get some chi abilities. Honestly, if you're the GM, just make the NPC however you want.

If you're not the GM, ask them if you can swap something to get chi abilities without any further fuss.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”